It's all about trust

Blame

 

 

 

Seunghyun sit on Seungri’s bed, thinking over what had just happened.

 

Seungri's voice had been flat and devoid of emotion when he said he want to take shower. So Seunghyun had absolutely no idea of how his doongsaeng was currently feeling.

 

He looked towards the closed bathroom door and anxiety began to crawl in his gut; his heart rate increasing as his feels unease escalated rapidly towards fear.

 

After the door was close, there had been no sound from within the bathroom; no sound of running water; no sound of movement whatsoever – and, to Seunghyun, the silence from behind that door began to feel oppressive.

 

Seungri was not in best mental state – and his dongsaeng was, potentially, in a very dark place emotionally. And now he was shut alone in a room that had countless means with which he might harm himself – or worse…

 

Seunghyun shot to his feet. His anxiety, which had transformed into fear, had now become full blown panic. He didn't waste a second rattling on a door which his terror-spiked senses told him would be locked, but darted out into the hallway; racing towards his own bedroom and the connecting door which led to the bathroom they both shared.

 

He barge through the door with force – hoping that his momentum might break the somewhat flimsy lock. But the door opened with ease and Seunghyun almost fell into the bathroom – but being halted when his legs connected solidly with the toilet bowl.

 

That stunt should have been a funny moment – and Seungri would endlessly tease his hyung – but ironically to Seunghyun the situation is not funny. And, clearly, neither did Seungri.

 

Startled brown eyes stared back at Seunghyun and he mentally cursed himself having scared his dongsaeng, but he somehow felt relief.

 

Seunghyun sit heavily on the toilet bowl.

 

"What's going on, hyung?" The younger boy sound tired – and he look at his hyung with confuse expression.

 

"Seungri…" Seunghyun try to speak – but couldn't find the words to his fear that his dongsaeng might be contemplating suicide.

 

Seungri looked at the door this hyung had burst through and then turned his eyes to the door that led to his own room.

 

"I remembered what the doctor said."

 

"I remembered what you said, hyung. I didn't lock the door." His eyes were sad. Betrayed.

 

"What did you think I would do?"

 

Seunghyun’s brain wondered how he could answer such a question without making any damage he might have already done. He wished he listened to his guts that he wasn't trained to deal with Seungri after what he'd been through – but it was far too late for such a futile regret.

 

The gap of silence widen between them. Seungri was retreating.

 

And it was up to Seunghun not to retreat in the other direction. It was up to him to go after his dongsaeng and pull him back.

 

He opted for the only thing he had – and the only thing Seungri genuinely needed: the complete and utter truth.

 

"I'm scared," he said; his voice raw with emotion that he didn't even try to hold back. It wasn't like him to speak about his feeling, but he had no choice – and he deliberately bit down on any nagging feeling of discomfort that his rare display provoked within him. His dongsaeng needed him – and nothing else mattered.

 

Keeping his eyes firmly locked on his dongsaeng. "I'm terrified of what you been through. I don’t know how you feel."

 

Seungri was looking at his hyung with wide eyes and was holding his tears. "You can't… hyung.…" The actual words might have sounded like a denial – but they came out almost as a plea.

 

This was the hard part – but Seunghyung didn't break an eye contact with Seungri.

 

"Hyung was there when you were rescued. I heard what you said and I saw what you did. What you tried to do…" Seunghyun remembered when Seungri’s trembling hand reaching upwards to his head while holding the gun; he remembered his world going into slow motion; remembered his heart shattering. And he remembered feeling that his own life was over. And, though it might be considered selfish, he never wanted to have to go through that again.

 

"I… I don't remember…" Seungri barely said, but Seunghyun knew his dongsaeng was lying.

 

Seunghyun brought his hand to scrub his face. He need Seungri to open up to him – and then he blurt out his next words without thought; and certainly without considering the impacts:

 

"You begged him to kill you, Seungri! And then you tried to kill yourself!"

 

Complete whiteness had swept over Seungri’s features as he heard those words. His eyes was utter defeat, and make Seunghyun regret his outburst.

 

"What do you want from me?" he asked, looking down at his hands. "I don't know… Please leave, hyung. Let me shower…"

 

"Then why didn't you?" Seunghyun intended to sound merely curious, but his own emotions still ran high and his words might have come out more harshly than they were intended.

 

When Seungri bit his lip and turned away, Seunghyun knew he had hit the nerve.

 

Seungri squeezed his eyes shut. To make it bad, he remember everything that happen to him.

 

"I… I just want it to be over…" He slid to the floor and lean with his back against the bathtub, burying his head in his knees.

 

"It is over now, Seungri." Seunghyun slid beside his dongsaeng. "And Hyung want to ask you to trust me over and over again. Like we use to do."

 

Suddenly, a thought run on his mind. "Hyung trust you, Seungri.” He said that with determination.

 

“I'm sorry I burst on you; hyung was just really scared. But, I trust you, bro. Just take the shower and I'll wait right outside."

 

Seungri slowly rise to his feet, nodding shakily as he did so. He still couldn't look at his hyung’s eyes, but the way he play with the hem of his shirt was a message enough that all was not okay with him.

 

"Seungri?" Seunghyun said with gentleness in his voice.

 

"I won’t lock the door …" Seungri looked at Seunghyun and their eyes met. After a moment they nod at each other – a sign of understandable. Then Seunghyun got to his feet and walk out from the bathroom.

 

It was all about trust.