Forget

Slave Heart

Minhyo P.V.

 

...My body felt drained while walking back to the dorm. I don't know how much more of this I can take...

"Minhyo Nonna!" I lifted my drooping head to see Taemin running to me, with a worried expression on his face
"Oh...Taemin-ah..." I forced a smile.
"Nonna, what did he say to you?" I shook my head slowly from side to side...
"Please...don't make me repeat it. I don't want to repeat it..." Taemin's face turned deep red.
"Did he insult you again! Aish!" He spun around with his shoulders bucked and his hands balled into fist.
"Where is he? I can't stand this anymore! I don't care anymore! Nonna! Where is he?!"
"Taemin-ah it's not like that, okay. I just don't feel like talking about it."
"Then why do you look like you are about to collapse!"
"I'm just tired Taemin..."
"SO, WHY are you TIRED!" Hearing him yell was exhausting me...
"I'm tired of all of this stress." I sat down in the grass.
"Minhyo Nonna..."
"Are you done?"
"Yes...Come here..."
"Don't want to." He squatted down next to me.
"Mianhaeyo...ileonasaeyo, get up." He gently pulled me up from the ground.
"Don't talk to him anymore...lets just ignore him for the rest of time your here...neh?"
"Neh."
"You know what...we wont practice at home anymore. Lets rent a studio. That way we wont have to worry about him bothering us."
 

Dusting myself off I gave him a slight agreeing nod. It was a good idea. I cleared my throat and held out my hand, palm up.
"Hahaha, oookay," about a week ago Taemin bought a huge crate of sugar free lollipops to cheer me up. He always kept at least 5 with him...
"Here you go." He placed the candy in my hand. I took it, opened it, shoved it in my mouth, and stuck my hand out again...
"Okay since you look really down, I'll give you another one." I smiled at him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~heart~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Nonna! Should we go shopping!"
"Taemin-ah...it's already 5 pm."
"SO! I want to go shopping!"
"I don't even own a single won!"
"So. I can pay for what ever you buy." I looked at him, excitement was dancing in his eyes.
"Haha okay fine."
"YAY!" 
"But Taemin...wont people recognize you?"
"Not to worry." He started digging in his backpack...
"I have these....disguise." He pulled out a hat that had hair attached to it, nerd glasses, and a face mask.
"...Wow..." He was tying his hair up.
"I'm always prepared Nonna." He spoke while putting everything on. The hat with hair, black hair, covered his eyes and fell over his shoulders. The glasses masked his face more, and the mask of course was for his mouth. His lips are unmistakable...
"Shall we go!"
"Hey what about me?"
"Hahaha Nonna. No one knows who you are yet. You haven't done the show. And the director didn't release the results of the contest either. So you are safe."
"Aww no fun." I pouted.
"Come on! Lets get going before they close!" Taemin hopped onto his bike and I got on the back. This week has been really nice. The practice with Taemin has been really great. He is funny, a great teacher, and we get along. Moreover, I'm not emotionally drained at the end of our sessions. Why hadn't I done this sooner? Just two and a half more months, and I can finally go home. The show is in about two months, but they decided to give me two weeks to 'enjoy' Korea...But I don't think I'm going to stay...
"Nonna lets go." I got off of the bike and waited for Taemin to lock it up.
"Oh right I almost forgot!" I looked at him with a questioning expression...
"While we are here, my name is Kim Jongmin, Kim Jongmin okay?"
"Haahaha, you are really serious about this...Jongmin-ssi." He gave a nod in content.
"Gaja! Lets go!"

 

Key P.V.

 

"Minho can you pass me that plate?" I stretched my hand behind me.
"..." Nothing was placed in my hand. 
"Minho-ah..." I turned around, he was staring out the window. Ever since Minhyo stopped practicing with him...hes been even more distant. 
"Yah...Minho-ah..." He snapped back into reality.
"Oh yes Hyung?"
"Are you okay?"
"Yes." He nodded weakly
"Why don't you take a nap or something?" His face went pale and flushed.
"Hyung...you know I can't do that..."
"Oh yea...The plate..."
"Ah neh..." He handed me the plate. He is really starting to worry me...It's frustrating. I can't do anything to really help him...
"Yay! Food is ready!" I sighed Jonghyun...The only cheerful  one around here...
"Neh. Help set the table."
"Neh." He started bringing the side dishes to the table."

When the table was set, we all sat down to eat, but there was an obvious absence...
"Where the heck is Taemin and Minhyo-ssi?" I looked at Jonghyun, then at Minho who was staring at the bowl of rice under his nose.
They are probably...still practicing." Onew tried to resolve the thick atmosphere.
"Why is she practicing with Taemin, did something happen Minho?" Minho continued to stare at his rice.
"Minho just needs a break, you know...He hasn't been himself...with his mom sick and-" The front door opened...
"Hahaha Nonna! Did you see his face! I didn't know you could run so fast!"
"Hahahahaha I didn't think he would run after me! It was just a balloon!" Taemin and Minhyo walked in as happy as can be, Minho slowly took his glare away from his rice and stared at the both of them with a hurt expression. Taemin gently pushed the still giggling Minhyo behind him. After she realized the situation, it became quite and the air felt heavy...
"Why don't you guys have a set and eat.."
"Neh.." Taemin looked at the available seats...two on the left side of Minho...He walked over and took the seat right next to Minho, and sat Minhyo on the outside of him...the farthest away from Minho. Minho went back to staring at his rice.
"Jezz...what's up with this atmosphere?" Jonghyun, not knowing anything proceeded to ask that annoying question. I shoot a small glare at him instinctively.
"Haha you want to know something..." Taemin interrupted my sensitive emotion...
"What?" he snickered
"Minhyo Nonna is hilarious! We went shopping in the mall and saw a clown man bent over tying his shoes..." Minhyo started giggling
"Well, he left his balloons unattended, so I dared Minhyo Nonna to take one. And she really did, after she got the balloon she tried to casually walk back over to me, but the clown man saw her walking away with the balloon! And the he went-" Taemin pointed to Minhyo...
"YYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!" She screamed scarring the heck out of all of us.
"And we ran all over the mall trying to escape the crazy screaming clown man!" They were both laughing hysterically.
"Hahahahaha Can you imagine! A Crazy clown chasing you in the mall with his crazy clown shoes, that may I say is impossible to run in! The rest of his balloons must have disappeared while he was chasing us!" They continued to laugh and Jonghyun joined them...
"I guess you had to be there..." Onew wasn't amused and didn't pretend to be. It was pretty funny. But because I knew what was really going on I couldn't bring myself to crack a smile. Instead I put some meat in Minho's plate...
"Here...eat..." 

 

Minhyo P.V.

I was messaging my cheeks in the mirror. They hurt so much from laughing all evening long. It's been so long since I've had fun like that...

*knock Knock Knock*

"Neh?" I answered still messaging my cheeks.
"Nonna! Lets have a fashion show!"
"Fashion show?" 
"Neh. Try on everything you bought today." I looked at him distress...
"Do I have to?"
"Yes!"
"But my stomach is too full..."
"Oh come on! Lets do it!"
"Taemin-ah." He grabbed my hand and the shopping bags, and shoved me into the bathroom.
"Ah-Taemin-ssi!"
"I'm waiting!" He really wont give this up. I heard music begin to play in my bedroom. I sighed, He really isn't giving this up. I looked down at the pile of new clothes in my arms...I guess...there is no harm...
"Nonna! Hurry!"
"Okay! Okay!" I put on the first outfit


"Nonna! Hurry up!"
"Okaaaay! Okay!" Stuffing my feet into the shoes, I stumbled out of the bathroom. Taemin leaned back in my bed and took a thoughtful look at me.
"Hmmm. Lets see..Walk."
"Neh?"
"Walk towards me. Cat walk."
"Cat...Walk...?"
"Neh."
"NO. I'm going to look silly!" I whined.
"You can't look silly Nonna. Come on. Pleeaaassseeeee?!" Taemin shoot me his best puppy face, his cute round begging eyes and full lips worked its magic in no time. I sighed.
"Okay fine."
"ASSA!" Taemin skipped to the song TRICK by Girls Generation on the  CD player and turned to me expectedly. Smiling, I put on my best model pose and pranced over to Taemin in the best fashion walk I could perform.
"Oh Nonna. You look nice!" I posed.
"Do I?"
"NEH!"
"I do don't I."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~heart~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran to the bathroom. After cat-walking for  15 minuets , I wasn't shy anymore. I took the last outfit out of the bag...the one Taemin pick out for me. The shyness returned burning my cheeks. Something like this is....

 

Taemin P.V.

"Nonna..Hurry!" The door opened...I waited.
"What you aren't coming out?"
"Taemin-ah..." Minhyo poked her head out of the door.
"This is a little..." 
"Come on. It's the last on right, that means it the one I picked for you right."
"Neeeeeh." I grinned.
"Come on out." She inched from behind the door as slow as she could.  I in a breath.
"Are you really going to be like this?" Loosing my patients I got off her bed and pulled her out of the bathroom---My jaw dropped.
"Minhyo-ah..." She looked at me with a nervous expression.
"Wae.."
"You look great! Waaah who knew! My Nonna has a great body!"
"Mwol!" She ran over to the mirror. 
"I knew I had a great sense of style." She was staring at her reflection with uncertain amazement. I walked over and stood next to her.

 


"Nonna, how have you been?"
"Neh? about what?"
"Geuge...Minho Hyung..." She turned to me with a cheerful expression.
"Neh. I'm Fine, I'm great!" 
"You know you have less then two months left here."
"I know."
"What are you going to do after the concert. Is there any place you want to go. I can take you."
"Anni..Taemin-ah."
"Neh."
"I'm not going to stay here after the concert." She isn't staying? Why?!
"Nonna! Waeyo?! It's a two week vacation just to enjoy Korea. Why don't you want to stay?" She turned around to face me, a plastered smile on her face telling me the answer.
"Um. I just want to go back home. I'm a little homesick." My blood started boiling again. 
"Anniyeo! It's because of Minho isn't it! You don't want to stay because of him right!"
"You're right, No. I don't want to stay here. I have to get away before I get hurt too badly." 
"Can't you just forget him. Nonna. Just forget him and live your life comfortably. Don't you see what he is doing to you? You are running away from an entire country because you don't want to be hurt by him! Does that make any sense?!"
"Yes it does. I have to. I have to get away from here." I exhaled.
"Nonna...I really don't know anymore. I don't know who is making me angriest now. You or him. I just can't understand. Just forget him! The reason you keep getting hurt is because you keep letting yourself be affected by him!"
"Taemin-ah...you've never done it before have you? Fallen in love? you've never experienced it before have you?"
"Nonna what are you talking about?"
"You've never been so in love with someone that it could drive you crazy. That why you can say those things...'Just forget him.'...I've been like this before. So I already know...How can I forget him. How can I just forget him when he is drifting about right under my nose!" 
She was right, I haven't been in love...but still I can't understand...
"Nonna...Still... Is it really that difficult?" 
"Taemin-ah, go back to your room okay. I'm sorry for upsetting you, I wont come to you with my heart anymore..."
"Nonna thats not what I mean...I mean."
"Go. Goodnight."
"Nonna..."
"Goodnight Taemin."

 

Minho P.V.

She hasn't spoken to me in a week, for a whole week she hasn't even batted one eyelid in my direction....Like I'm invisible. Why is she doing this to me and she'll be gone soon. She is always with Taemin laughing and smiling when I can't even close my eyes to sleep at night. And she'll be gone soon. She's leaving. I got up from my seat, an aching anxiety swimming through me. If this goes on she'll ignore me for the rest of her stay. started pacing. I have to do something. Loosing my patients I pulled the door open and walked down the hall to her room. She wouldn't be asleep would she? There was music coming from her room. Good, she isn't sleeping. I opened the door.

"Nonna...hurry! What you aren't coming out?"
"Taemin-ah...This is a little..." Again Taemin? What are they doing? I peeked inside...
"Come on. It's the last one right, That means its the one I choose for you right."
"Neeeeeeeeh."
"Come on out." What is he talking about...choose for her?
"Are you really going to be like this?" Taemin stood up and marched over to the bathroom pulling her out. She came out wearing a short cream dress that was made out of a heavy flower pattern lace, her hair tied up in a bun. Beautiful. 
 

"Minhyo-ah...you look great! Waaah Who knew! My Nonna has a great body!" Taemin's exclamation brought my blank mind back to life. It's not fair...Jealousy and pain came shoving at each other into my body. I pivoted from her door  and sped back to the room. My eyes were burning and my body hurt. The pain and jealousy were thrashing in my veins each trying to take the dominate role. It's not fair. I was pacing up and down the room again. Why does he get to do it? Those cheesy makeover scenes that are always done in dramas? Why does he get to do it and I can't?! Why? I didn't even know I would want to do something like that...but it's like Taemin has stolen it from me. My head was spinning. I need air. Grabbing my hat and gloves, I left the room again.
"Minho where are you going?" Onew was still cleaning the Kitchen.
"Out." I shoved my shoes on.
"Are you okay?"
"..." Not answering I stood up.
"Oh...okay, just don't stay out too late." I was already out the door before he finished the sentence. Taking a deep breathe I broke into a sprint. I wont think, I'll just run...

 

Key P.V.

After showering I thought I'd help Onew finish cleaning the kitchen, so I put my towel back on the rack and headed to the kitchen.
"Minho where are you going?"
"Out."
"Are you okay?"
"..."
"Oh...okay,, just don't stay out too late." Minho left slamming the door behind him.
"Hyung. What happened now?" Onew looked at me with a worried expression.
"Nothing...I think he's just having a hard time."
"Hyung...I'm worried about him. He's really scaring me." Onew looked around nervously.
"Let's go out and speak."
"Neh." He put the plates away and I followed him to the porch.
"Hyung...what are we going to do about Minho?"
"There's nothing we can do...He'll just have to wait it out for a couple more months."
"I know. But what if he can't? What if he breaks?"
"Breaks?"
"I mean look at him now. He can't sleep, He barely eats, he just slugs around the place not talking to anyone."
"Tell me about it."
"Hyung...If he is like this now, while she is here...what happens when she leaves? Whats going to happen to him? I'm scared he won't be able to take it, he might just collapse one day." Onew's expression changed into pure worry as he began to understand.
"You know I haven't thought about that...I hope that doesn't happen."
"See? What are we going to do?
"...I...I don't know..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LATER THAT NIGHT~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Minho P.V.

I stumbled into the door. I had been running for two hours, and my mind was still racing. I went into the kitchen, opened the cabinet, took out the soju, and plopped down into one of the dinning room chairs. I shouldn't be doing this...I need to stop drinking like this...But I need something, something to make it stop. I poured some soju into a shot glass and drank it. It stung my throat. I put the bottle to my mouth and chugged. The alcohol was flooding me with a numbness, all of a sudden I was no longer holding the bottle. 

"What are you doing right now?" I opened my eyes to see Minhyo glaring at me with my bottle in her hand. I laughed.
"Give it back."
"No. You need to stop drinking."
"Minhyo-ssi, give it back to me."
"Every time you drink you do something stupid." I was getting irritated.
"Just give it back to me!"
"Andwae." I shot up from my chair.
"Why do you think I'm like this! Who is doing this to me!"
"You're going to wake the others." Her cold tone made my heart ache...I needed the soju. I reached for the bottle, she dodge me.
"Minhyo-ssi. Stop it." I reached again, and she dodged me, ran over to the sink and started dumping the soju down the sink.
"Stop! What are you doing!" I tried to get the bottle from her and she switched it from one hand to the other. I grabbed both of her hands.
"Let go of me." I tried to unclench her hand from the bottle, the soju spilt all over us. 
"Just give it back to me!"

We fell to the floor. I was loosing my energy, my hands were weak with emotion, but I continued to stubbornly fight. Even when I felt hot wet tears slowly escaping the corners of my eyes I wouldn't let it go. I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to fight with her again, but here we are again, at each others throats.

"Do you think making yourself sick by drinking is going to solve anything?"
"Yes." I lied, choking out the word. She looked me in the eyes. A shadow of vulnerability clouding her stone expression.
"...Fine...Drink till you die." She shoved the now empty bottle into my hands, and stood up. Dropping the bottle I grabbed her hand.
"...Don't go."
"Let me go."
"I said don't go..." She tried to escape my grasp, I held harder.
"Let me go Minho-ssi!" I got up from the floor and pulled her into my arms.
"I'm sorry. Okay. I'm sorry. I...I just don't know what to do...Jebal...it's only months, weeks...please...could you just practice with me, stay with me until it's over?"
"Choi Minho-ssi...I'm sorry, but I wont do that...Now...let go of me." I didn't have the strength to hold her anymore. My arms dropped and without another word she left and returned to her room.

"Fine...I'll do what you want..."