Lier Lier

Slave Heart

Jonghyun P.V.

Onew stood up Interrupting or almost interrogation...

"Okay I think we've had enough for today, lets all just retire for the night..."

"Yea...it isn't fair to question Minhyo-ssi. Why would she know whats up with Taemin-ah..."

Well thats odd. If I were Minho , I would want to know why my dongsaeng was acting inappropriately to MY grim news...

"Oh...okay sure..." It was getting late anyway. Everyone began getting up, and Key went over and gave Minho a hug. Pain was visible on Minho's face...poor Minho...

 

Taemin's P.V.

I shut the door behind me. My hands were shaking with anger. I can't believe this! Why is he lying!

*Knock knock knock*

"Taemin-ah...can I come in?"

"No."

"No?"

I stood up, swung the door open, grabbed Minhyo by her wrist, and dragged her out of the house.

"Taemin-ssi!" I didn't answer...

"Where are we going!" I took her to the bench where we first had a heart to heart conversation, and sat her down.

"Taemin-ah whats wrong with you?"

"Nonna!" She jumped. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to restrain myself.

"Nonna...you don't believe him right? You know he is lying?"

"Of coarse I know he's lying."

"Then why aren't you angry?!"

"I think theres...something else...he's hiding from us. He looked really distressed today. In fact hes looked so in the past few weeks."

"Oh come on Nonna! Are you really being sympathetic right now!"

"Taemin-ah...I know he's been a douche, but I think he is truly suffering emotionally from something that he refuses to let us know about. The air around him is so thick its hard to breathe..."

"I can't believe you!"

"Taemin-ah, could you try and see it from both perspectives?"

"Who's perspective? His perspective! Nonna! He hurt you! Repeatedly! On purpose! And he wants to use that lie as an excuse! Does he really think we would believe him! Not to even talk about excesses...He's LYING! He LIED to all of us! And you want me to sympathize with him?!"

The words were just flying out of my mouth. How can he lie to all of us?

"I dare him...I dare him to repeat that stupid lie in front of me. I wont sit still...using lies to defend treating you like sh-"

"Taemin-ah." I blew hot air out of my nostrils and ran to the corner store. I grabbed a banana ice pop from the freezer, paid for it and shoved it in my mouth angrily Leaving the store, I walked back to the bench where the waiting Minhyo stood up, and we walked back home silently.

~~~~~NEXT MORNING~~~~~

Minyo P.V.

*Ring Ring Ring*

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. Grunting I looked at the collar I.D.

*Lee~<3~*

I totally forgot to delete his number...I let the phone ring. When it finally stopped I went into my contact list and deleted his number. I'm so tired of him Tucking the phone underneath my pillow I stood up and headed toward the bathroom.

"Nonna."

"kamjjagiah."

"Oh Mianhae,I'm sorry. Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"Oh, um...it was no one important."

"You sure did stare at that phone for a while for it to be no one important..."

"Okay. Fine. Someone no longer important..."

"Old boyfriend?"

"*ha* No." I sighed...

"Then who?"

"Do you really have to know about this?"

"The fact that you're hiding it tells me yes, I do."

"Taemin-ah..."

"Nonna." There was no sign of him backing down, so I plopped back down to the bed pouting. He walked over to sit next to me.

"So who is it?"

"My best friend...Lee..."

"Your 'best friend’? So why didn't you pick up the phone?" I bit down on my bottom lip...crap here come the tears....I hate being like this...

"He's not...My friend anymore..."

"Did you guys fight?"

"Not really...I just...got tired of him..."

"Wae?"

"All he does is hurt me. He always makes fun of me...calling me monkey while clicking his tongue. When I told him that I won this contest, he laughed and said I was stupid for going somewhere where no one will accept me.I even...told him...about all the stuff I've been going threw with Minho-ssi...he laughed and said I deserved it..."

"Minhyo Nonna...are you seriously saying that this jerk is your best friend?"

"Anni...not anymore...I cant take it anymore. I've put up with it for five years...I'm not doing it anymore..."

"Five years! Why would you stomach that for five years?!"

"I...I loved him. I was so stupid. I actually loved him with everything in me. While he criticized me. I just wanted to stay glued to him. Everything he said to me told me I wasn't good enough for him. He would say things like 'Look at that girl. Her skin is so white, her hair is so long, black, and beautiful. Not like you.' And every time my heart would break inside, but there was nothing I wanted more than to be right next to him.l...no matter how much it hurt,'Your too fat...Your too dark...Your hair is too nappy.' *HAHA* but it didn't stop there. No. Nothing I did was commendable in his eyes. He even started insulting and belittling my abilities and achievements. ‘Your poem is lame...*BAHAHA* you call that a portrait!'...When the person you so desperately and foolishly love keeps telling you that your not good enough...you get to start believing it....I finally escaped him. I've finally just escaped. But whats this? Before I can even recuperate, I go and fall head first for someone whose worse than him."

I looked at the attentively listening Taemin..

"Taemin-ah...whats wrong with me...uh?"

"Nonna..." He tried to give me one of those heartache relieving hugs.

"No! Taemin, Whats wrong with me!"

"Nonna look at me." He took my face in his hands, forcing me to look him in the eyes...

"Nothing is wrong with you...it's them. There's something wrong with them. You can't control your heart, neither can you control theirs. So don't you ever blame yourself for things you can't control."

With that, without waiting for me to respond,he took me into his comforting arms.

 

Minho P.V.

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Anyeonghaseyo ..." Onew Hyung answered his phone in a husky drowsy voice.

"Ah yes Director..." My tired aching eyes drifted to the clock (6:35 a.m.)...I didn't sleep again last night. Not that I'm scared. The dreams only scare me until I wake up and realize that it is only just a dream. It's that...I don't know which will leave me less exhausted. Either sleep and go threw that horrible dream waking in sweat, or stay up all night long. It all seems the same to me...

"Yes...you want us to come over...with Minhyo-ssi..." I could feel Onews eyes in the back of my head.

"Ah...Neh...Neh...I understand...Neh." Their conversation ended.

"Minho-ah...the Director wants us to come in...to see Minhyo's progress...Minho-ah...Minho-ah? You're not asleep are you?" Exhaling I pulled myself out of bed...

"Anni..."

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yes...I heard...clearly. I'm going to wash up..."

"Okay." His eyes were still burning a whole in the back of my head...I walked toward the bathroom, (past Minhyo's room) something tiring in its self..

"So who is it?"

"My best friend...Lee..."

I really didn't want to ease drop on their conversation. But how can I just walk past? When Taemin is sitting in there with my Minhyo, when they are both talking so comfortably...intimately?

"He's not...My friend anymore..."

"Did you guys fight?"

"Not really...I just...got tired of him..."

"Wae?"

"All he does is hurt me..."

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"Is this what you called me for? To think ...that I thought... you'd be of any help... or condolence..." 

~~~~~END~~~~~

That Lee must be the guy she was talking to the other day on the phone?

"Minhyo Nonna...are you seriously saying that this jerk is your best friend?"

"Anni...not anymore...I cant take it anymore. I've put up with it for five years...I'm not doing it anymore..."

"Five years! Why would you stomach that for five years?!"

"I...I loved him. I was so stupid. I actually loved him with everything in me. While he criticized me. I just wanted to stay glued to him. Everything he said to me told me I wasn't good enough for him. He would say things like 'Look at that girl. Her skin is so white, her hair is so long, black, and beautiful. Not like you.' And every time my heart would break inside, but there was nothing I wanted more than to be right next to him.l...no matter how much it hurt,'Your too fat...Your too dark...Your hair is too nappy.' *HAHA* but it didn't stop there. No. Nothing I did was commendable in his eyes. He even started insulting and belittling my abilities and achievements. ‘Your poem is lame...*BAHAHA* you call that a portrait!'...When the person you so desperately and foolishly love keeps telling you that your not good enough...you get to start believing it....I finally escaped him. I've finally just escaped. But whats this? Before I can even recuperate, I go and fall head first for someone whose worse than him...Taemin-ah...whats wrong with me...uh?"

"Nonna..."

"No! Taemin, Whats wrong with me!"

"Nonna look at me...Nothing is wrong with you...it's them. There's something wrong with them. You can't control your heart, neither can you control theirs. So don't you ever blame yourself for things you can't control."

"Taemin-ah I'm really getting tired of him. He's making me so confused...one day he's telling me that the sight of me makes him sick, but then the next night giving me snacks secretly. I just don't know what to do. I want to hate him but I cant. Just thinking about forgetting him makes my whole body hurt...

My heart was thudding so loud in my chest I could hear the echo in my head. Wha...who is she talking about right now? It couldn't be me. The thought of the possibility was enough to make me dizzy. But the person she just described was me...happiness, relief, guilt and all other emotions flooded over me. She is...she has to be talking about me! My tiredness seemed to disappear and was replaced by sparkling clear energy. Me...Me?

"Nonna, I know it hurts now, but if you keep your heart in confusion, it will be much more painful later. Try...try to forget him...uh...."

"I know...I'm trying..."

My eyes widened as i became greedy, and that sparkling energy drained from the tips of my fingers. No...no,no. I didn't mean to. Its not true, you don't make me sick.,Well you do...but thats just because I love you too much. so much it hurts. I started to go in, wanting to confess all these things, but stopped before taking my second step...it's to risky...and Taemins in there...taking back the words that had yet to escape my mouth, I sluggishly continued to the bathroom.

~~~~~LATER THAT DAY~~~~~

 

Minhyo P.V.

We were all sitting in the conference room waiting for the Director. It's been a while since we had last spoken and seen each other, not only that...I'm being evaluated today...Its all making me so nervous. Just as I was completing my thought the Director happily walked through the door. Everyone stood up and bowed while greeting him.

"Anyeonghaseyeo!"

"Ah yes, how is everyone?" While looking at Minho, Onew Oppa answers..

"We are all doing fine." The Director claps his hands together making me jump, and looks at me...

"Minhyo-ssi! Should we get started?"

"Ah...neh!" I got up while pulling my hair up..

"*Ummmm* Nonna..." Taemin was whispering...

"Mol?"

"Your hair...smells great...what is the shampoo you use...I want it..."

"Taemin-ssi..."

"You guys meet me in the dance room." Everyone got up and we all trialed after him. The practice room was any typical dance practice area. A room with mirrors lining every wall, catching your every flaw.

"Okay I'm going to start the music, Minhyo-ssi."

"Neh." Taemin threw me a 'hwaiting' sign...I really hope I don't mess this up. The music began playing, and I began dancing. Minho hasn't really taught me anything so I just did what I knew and tried to make it ten times better,

"oh you've been working hard Minho and Minhyo-ssi! I can see the improvements. Minho-ssi over the next few weeks try to correct her body positioning. Some of those are off."

"....Ah....neh...."

Thank God. I thought this was headed for a dark place. Sneaking a look at my sungsengnim, my "teacher", he was staring at me with a trance like look on his face. I looked away from him quickly.

 

Minho P.V.

How did she do that? I've never seen her effort like that. I know she wanted to cover up...I'm sorry I made you do that Minhyo, but how did she pull it off? I guess she has been practicing on her own...

"Hey! Minho-ah! Are you getting in?" I hadn't realized we reached the bus.

"Ah..Neh.." I hopped into the bus and we rode home.

"Ah Minho-ah."

"Yes Jonghyun Hyung..."

"How is your mother?" Caught totally off guard, I said the first think that I could think of...

"Oh...she was hospitalized yesterday but they said she only has to be there for two days..."

"*Ha*" Taemin snickered in the back. Minhyo shushed him.

"Taemin-ah, whats your problem?"

"Nothing..." The drive home was finished in silence. I lied to Hyung again, and I just want to hide from that right now.The moment we reached the parking lot I immediately left the bus and headed toward our entrance. Up the steps. through the door, into the extra room, and close the door. Sitting on the edge of the bed. I buried my head in my hands.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Minho-ssi, I'm coming in." Oh no its Taemin. My back straightened instinctively. He opened the door.

"Lets talk." There was cold sweat building on my forehand and neck...I swallowed hard....when did I start being terrified of him?

"Are you coming?"

"Yea..."I got up from my bed and walked out with him. We walked to a playground across from our dorm...

"Whats your problem?" his eyes were burning with anger...

"Wha...what are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!"

"Anni, no I don't.."

"Can you stop it! Since you don't know I'll tell you! Wae! Why do you treat Minhyo like that? Why have you become likt this ? She's always so miserable because she doesn't know why you are like that with her. One moment you are treating her like someone who just pick pocketed you, the next you are secretly serving her! What do you want?!"

"..."

"So you aren't saying anything?" How could I say anything?

"I don't have anything to say..."

"*HA* I can't believe this! You really..." He looked me dead in the eyes...

"I want you to know that I don't believe that lie you told the Hyungs. I wont believe it even for a second. So don't think you can pull a fast one on me. But do you know what really disgust me...the fact that you seem so comfortable lying to all of us. When you were telling us that day, I thought I would explode, but I couldn't , Minhyo-ssi wouldn't let me..."

I got a sickening twisting feeling in my stomach...

"Yea...she knows your lying.she didn't believe you for one second either. How can we. It doesn't make any sense, because it doesn't explain why you would treat Minhyo-ssi the way you've been treating her. It doesn't explain it one bit...*Hahahaha* but I guess it works for the others ...since they don't know the kind of person you are."

"Taemin-ah..." He stared at me, rage burning in his eyes.

"Taemin-ah...its not like that...I'm not like that-" he scoffed.

"So then what?" I looked at him nervously. Theres nothing I can say

"..."

"I thought as much..." He began walking away, back to the dorm...

"TAEMIN-AH!" He stopped to turn and look at me..

"Don't call my name...it gives me chills...it makes me sick..." My already trembling spirit fell cold and dejected. As I watched the back of my once loyal dongsaeng I felt alone and abandoned. I know I was wrong...but Taemin-ah, can't you trust me a little more? That dorm where my brothers and I lived suddenly felt foreign to me. I no longer fit there...so instead of lagging behind Taemin. I turned the opposite direction...toward a bar...

 

Minhyo P.V.

"AISH!" My door flew open.

"AISH JINJJA!"

"Taemin-ah! Whats wrong with you?"

"Anni..how can someone be like that? Aish!"

"Taemin-ah what happened?!" He was out of breath.

"That person called Choi Minho! I can't get through to him!" Suspicion grew in me.

"Taemin-ssi...what did you just do?"

"Are you asking me that! I didn't do anything! Its him!"

"What are you talking about?!" he took a deep breath

"I wanted to talk to him, to try to understand why hes suddenly acting the way hes been acting! But that person doesn't explain! Instead he just pisses me off more!"

"Why did you do that? Taemin-ah! I told you I will forget him. Why did you do that! It doesn't even matter, in less then three months I will leave. So just leave it alone."

"Nonna! Please! Stop! Stop it!"

"Shhh! Taemin-ah they will hear you!"

"SHIRO!"

"Taemin-ah!"

"Why? Why are you making yourself deal with this when you don't have to?!"

"Because!"

"Because what?!"

"It will all be over soon! Okay! Just a little bit more! And it will all be over! I'll have no choice but to forget! Just a little while longer!...Okay..."

"You're driving me into a wall Nonna...I'm about to start ignoring you...Nonna...please."

"Taemin-ah...please..." I looked him straight in the eyes...

"Please, just forget it Taemin-ah..." I could see the anger melt from his face.

"Sorry."

"I keep telling you that you have nothing to be sorry for."

 

Minho P.V.

"Can I get another bottle?"

"Ah..neh."

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

I hate the sight of you!
~~~~~END~~~~~

I threw my head back...*shot*

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"It gives me the chills! It makes me sick!"
~~~~~END~~~~~

*shot*

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"It's ...It's my mom...she's really sick-" 
~~~~~END~~~~~

*shot*

~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~

"I...I love her...HYUNG! I LOVE HER! I've gone crazy! What...what do i do? What do i do! HYUNG SAVE ME! TELL ME! WHAT DO I DO!" 
~~~~~END~~~~~

*shot shot shot*

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~

"MINHYO-AH!! NO! NO NO! MINHYO-AH! NO! YOU CAN'T! ANDWAE! MINHYO-AH! MIN-" 
~~~~~END~~~~

I chugged the rest of the bottle.

"Sir...you shouldn't continue like this...you've already had four bottles...you should stop. Go home."

I looked up at the bar tender with groggy eyes

"ibwayeo...shouldn't you just give me what I asked for? Why are you telling me to stop?"

"Yes I know. But I wont let you get alcohol poisoning on my clock. Go home."

"*ha* That makes sense...fine...I'll go..." I pulled myself up and stumbled all the way out of the bar, bumping into everyone and thing in my path. I continued that way all the way home, only stopping a couple of times to gag for nothing to come out.

*Beep Beep Beeeep*

I fell into the dorm trying to remove my shoes.

"Aishhhh..."

"Minho-ssi"

"That voice makes me weak. I forced my head up to pier at the culprit...Minhyo....

"Wae?"

"Why did you drink yourself to this state again?" I almost tripped over the step, and she rushed over to help me.

"Hajima...don't come over here..."

"Come let me get you to your room."

"Hajimalaguuuu." She pulled at my wrist. I resisted.

"No."

"To your room Minho-ssi..come on."

"Stop it." She let go of me...

"Stop what?"

"Stop this..."

"What?" I felt my heart aching

".....Caring about me...worrying about me...stop it. All of it...i don't know how to deal with it...so...so stop." I used the last bit of energy in my body to straighten my back and continue to my room without tripping.

 

Taemin P.V.

I stood on the other side og the wall watching Minhyo Nonna while she stood persistent looking at the front door. Its been two and a half hours...and she’s still waiting for him...he doesn't deserve it.

*Beep Beep Beeeep*

"Aishhhh..."

"Minho-ssi"

"Wae?"

"Why did you drink yourself to this state again?"In trying to take a step forward, Minho tripped leading into the dorm...and Minhyo rushed to catch him...*Ha* Nonna...you really...Is this how you are planning on forgetting him?

"Hajima...don't come over here..." I felt my fist ball and adrenalin pulsing in my veins...he’s doing it again...

"Come let me get you to your room."

"Hajimalaguuuu."

"No."

"To your room Minho-ssi..Come on."

"Stop it." She let go of me...

"Stop what?"

"Stop this..."

"What?"

".....Caring about me...worrying about me...stop it. All of it...i don't know how to deal with it...so...so stop." After rejecting her, he seemed to gather himself and walked to his room. There was something heavy in the air. It was almost hard to breath...it was so thick...I looked at Minhyo who stood there watching his back disappear behind the door. Its getting harder and harder to understand ad defend her. If she keeps this up...I won’t have anything left to do. Taking in that reality, I quietly sunk back into the other room.

~~~~~~~~~~LATER THAT NIGHT~~~~~~~~~

Key P.V.

I heard from Taemin that Minho came back totally intoxicated again. So I thought I'd get up and make him some honey tea and ginseng soup. His mother's issue must really be getting to him. I put the tea and soup on a tray and carried it over to the extra room...

"Andwae...andwae..." That sounded like Minho's voice. I put my ear against the door...

"Minho-ah! Wake up!"

"ANDWAE! ANDWAE! MINHYO-AH!" Min...Minhyo-ssi?

"Minho wake up!"

"AHHHAAAAA! AAPPOOO! ANDWAE! ANDWAE! MINHYO-AH! DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS! MINHYO-AH! DON'T DO THIS TO ME! ANDWAE!" My breath caught in my throat...he...he...Minhyo-ssi? I was shaking all over...why is he calling Minhyo-ssi? No...something is wrong.

"AAAHHHH! ANDWAE!"

That last scream made the heart in me jump, and I dropped the tray sending soup and tea all over the floor. He’s calling Minhyo-ssi...

"Don't leave me like this...don't do this to me..."? Minhyo-ssi...? Whats...what...My shaking hands fumbled with the door knob. Why is he screaming for Minhyo? My hands wouldn't work. His yelling was making me too scared...

"AAHHAAA MINHYO-AAH! AHH!"

My heart was aching. He sounded like he was in a lot of pain, but I couldn't open the door. Frustrated I started pounding on the door.

"AAAIIIISSSHHH! OPEN THE DOOR!"

*BAN BANG BANG BANG BANG*

"OPEN THE DOOR!!!"