Break

Slave Heart

Taemin P.V.

Before I knew it my hands were clenched around Minho's collar.

"How can you way something like that! Who do you think you are!?"
"Taemin-ssi! Stop it!"
"How dare you insult her like that! Whats your problem!"
"Let. Go. Of. Me..."
"Taemin-ssi! Stop!"
"What the heck is your problem?!" He didn't answer me. He took me by my wrist, and twisted them so I would let go.
"AAAhHHH!"
"Minho-ssi! Taemin-ssi! Please!"

I let my hands drop to my sides. I didn't want to start something I knew I couldn't finish, so I just angrily glared into Minho's face. He glared right back...

"What do you think you are doing..."
"Hyung...*hmph*....should I even call you that? I can't believe you are like this....you've lost my respect."

I turned away from him and walked over to Minhyo. She was still standing in the same spot, crying, and shaking. I shouldn't have let her see that. Gently putting my thumbs on her cheeks, I wiped the tears away, and took her by the hand.

"Nonna, lets go..."

We left the practice room and headed outside. When we reached the porch, I stopped and took her tightly in my embrace. Her sobs were absorbed by my shoulder. At that moment I hated Minho in my gut...

"Nonna, I'm sorry. I wont let him hurt you again. Hes a jerk, don't even think about him anymore. He doesn't deserve it."

I felt her nod in response.

                                           

                                                      

Minho P.V.

I stood in the dance room awhile. I can't believe...Taemin...sticking up...for...Minhyo. He took her side...over his Hyung. What is this? I felt I was moving but being in a daze, I wasn't really sure. I was passing the living room, heading toward the bedroom. Then I see...Taemin on the front porch take my crying Minhyo in his arms. I couldn't breathe, I was suffocating...wait, "My...Minhyo..." Oh no its getting worse. I tried to focus, Taemin was saying something...

"Nonna, I'm sorry. I won't let him hurt you again. Hes a jerk, don't even think about him anymore. he doesn't deserve it."

Then I saw him wipe the tears from her checks and kiss her on the forehead. I couldn't watch anymore, but it was hard to move. My limbs were stiff like they had been cemented in concrete, walking became an excruciating sluggish process. When I finally got into the room, I stood there in the middle of the floor. Taemin was right...I didn't deserve to be in her thoughts. She was crying, her tears...I made her cry. I don't want to be like this. It's not like I'm mad at her, I'm angry with myself. I'm just scared...that I'll get too close...too attached, and reveal something. So I put up that stupid facade. And now look at this situation....I'm driving her and Taemin closer together. What if they actually...no...Taemin is in the same boat I am...

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"Hyung...*hmph*...should i even call you that? I can't believe you are like this. You've lost my respect."

~~~~~END~~~~~

Taemin....he hates me. I hate this! Why did I have to use that stupid method to hide! I'm so...Ugh! Losing control of my anger I snatched up a cup that was sitting on the desk next to me, and threw it against the wall. It shattered to pieces. Fine...I won't be a jerk anymore...I don't have the strength.

 

Authors P.V.

Just then Onew walks into the room looking for his chicken coupon. He sees the shattered glass on the other side of the room, and an even more broken looking Minho standing ridged beside him.

 

Onew P.V.

"Minho-ah! What happened?" He just shook his head
"Why did you throw the cup? Whats up with Taemin. He said he is really upset with you. And Minhyo is crying her eyes out. What did you do?"
"She's still crying?"

He put his hand to his head. Okay I'll just leave it alone for now.

"Come with me, I think you should get some air."
"Wait...is...Taemin and Minhyo..."
"Still there? No. Taemin went to go cheer her up."

He looked up at me, and I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Come on, Lets go get some food."

I swept up the broken glass, grabbed my chicken coupon and left with Minho. By the time we got to the chicken place, found a table, and ordered our food, Minho actually looked like a human being.

"So...Minho...How are you doing with your...conflict?"
"Hyung please..."
"You need to talk about some of it. If you keep it all inside you're going to explode."

He looked down at his plate of food. I knew he wasn't going to eat it. His face looked like the smell of food alone made him sick.

"Hyung...I tried being a jerk about it. I thought if I pretend I hated her, It would keep my mind away from the things I can't handle. But Hyung...I've become a bad person. I made her cry, and lost Taemin as a friend. So I don't think I can do it anymore. I'm not going to do anything, anymore..."
 

I took my attention away from my fried chicken and peered at him...

"What? What do you mean you lost Taemin as a friend?"

A broken smile distorted his face...

" *Ha*...you know....those two have become really close....he's protecting her...from me. He even told her I'm not worthy of her thoughts, he's right..."

When did all of this happen? Taemin is protecting Minhyo? How did this already get so complicated!

"You know what he said to me? He said he doesn't think he should be calling me "Hyung" anymore, that I've lost his respect..."
"But Minho, what did you do to have things turn out like this?"
"It's all because of yesterday afternoon! It was making me crazy!"
"Wait...what happened yesterday afternoon?"

He struggled to take a deep breath and held his hands together in a fist.

"When you all were sleeping...I was finishing my shower, and Taemin came in with Minhyo."
"Oh yea they went out to eat."

Minho tensed...

"I watched him walk her over to her bedroom, and she said..."Minnie, thank you for today. I really needed it." Then he hugged her and...kissed her forehead...."

WWwwhhhhaaaaaaattttt....I see now. She called him "Minnie"...and he kissed her?

"So today when we were practicing, I kept remembering...and every time I did, I made her start over again. She must have gotten angry, because she yelled at me. Then something about me not being able to look at her came up...and...I said something I shouldn't have..."
"What...What did you say?"

He looked sick again...

"Minho-ah...aren't you going to answer me?"
"I told her...rather screamed at her...that I hate seeing her, that she gives me the chills, and if she isn't going to listen to me...then she should just leave..."

I gapped at him in utter shock..what was he thinking?!

"Waaaahhh...ya....Minho-ah....what tha heck were you thinking! No wonder things have turned out like this! Wait what does Taemin have to do with what happened today?...Don't tell me..."
"Yea...he heard everything..."
"Nol...Waaaahhhhhh....."

I can't believe this! How can he! I cleared my throat...

"Do you realize that you've disrupted the stability of this group...our Maenke says you've lost his respect...do you know Taemin really does care about Minhyo. He told me he wants all of us to bond with Minhyo because he doesn't think she likes it here. he says she isn't eating...he noticed that...Minho you have to be careful or else its a matter of time before he finds out."
 

"I see that he really cares about her. But I didn't mean all those things! It's just-I was so mad!"
"If you are planning on keeping this a secret, you are going to have to keep your emotions under your thumb..."
"Hyung...you know I'm normally really good at that. But when it comes to her...It's so hard...I just can't seem to..*sigh* I've made up my mind though. I'm just going to be indifferent."

Remarkably after hearing all of this, I lost my appetite.

"Lets go.."

 

~~~~~MEAN-WHILE~~~~~

Minhyo P.V.

Taemin took me to the amusement park. By the time we rode all the rides I was starting to feel a bit better.

"Minhyo Nonna? Should we get something to eat?"
"Huh..oh...I'm not really hungry...." He gave me an unapproved look...
"Nonna...are we going to start this again?"
" *sigh* Okay but lets get something light."
"Something light...how does shaved-ice sound?"
"Okay" :) I nodded

I got the Kiwi mango strawberry, and Taemin had Banana Creme. We ate our snakes while walking and joking around the rest of the amusement park. Then I saw a ride we hadn't ridden...

"Taemin-ssi, look, we have ridden that. It looks great!"
"Devils trail...um..are you sure?" He gave me a skeptical look...
"Yea! come on!"

I dragged him over to the ride. We scanned our tickets and sat side by side in the middle section of the ride. I was nervous, butterflies were fluttering in my stomach. The ride looked really dangerous.

"Taemin-ah...I'm scared..."
"Oh now your scared? Too late now. Here. Just hold my hand."

I took his extended hand...He did say he would protect me...I looked up at him and smiled. Then the coaster jerked forward, he squeezed my hand.

"Don't worry, I'm here." :)

Before I knew it we were flying in all directions: up, down, under, above, loop-di-loop, and swirls. Something was building up inside me. The ride actually held little affect on me. I remembered Minho's words and the look on his face. Then without warning something inside me gave way, hot tears came spewing out of my eyes, and I was sobbing uncontrollably. I tried to cover my mouth with my free hand to quiet myself. But Taemin noticed anyway and took me in his arms. I cried threw the rest of the ride. When it was over he waited until everyone else got  out, then helped me up...

"Minhyo Nonna are you okay?"

I shook my head and ran to the trash-can, the shaved-ice refused to stay down. Taemin held my hair back while I vomited . When i finally finished , my whole body felt exhausted...

"Nonna lets go you.."

Everything went black.