Insomnia

Slave Heart

Minho P.V.

"Yah yah Minho-ah! Whats wrong? Minho-ah!"
"Andwae! Andwaeyo! Minhyo-ah! Andwae!"
"Yah Minho-ah!"

Being to preoccupied with this sudden pain pushing through my body, I hadn't realized I could suddenly hear Onew's voice. I tried to open my eyes...pain...

"AHAAHHH! AH!"
"Minho-ssi whats wrong with you?!"
"It hurts! AHHA!"

I felt hands clamp over my mouth...

"It's a dream! Wake up! It's a dream!"

How can this be a dream! I can feel everything clearly! I gasped for air the crushing pain in my chest wouldn't let me breathe...

"Minho-ah its just a dream..try to relax..."

I was still crumpled in a mess on the ground of that roof. Unclenching one of my fist, I fumbled for contact with the hand clamping my mouth shut. One piece linking me to reality...

"Yea yea...thats it...relax..."

I shivered at the warm feel of his hand, and my body instinctively unwound...

"Good...are you alright?"

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"Minhyo-ssi....whats wrong?"

~~~

"Minhyo-ssi! Please! Get down from there!"
"MINHYO-AH! NO! NO! MINHYO-AH!"

~~~~~END~~~~~

"Andwae..."
"What?"

I shot up from the bed and stumbled out of the room. In a frenzy I threw the door open and leapt out, falling in front  of Minhyo's door.

~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"ANDWAE!!!!"

~~~~~END~~~~~
 

Pain shot threw my body, shaking my head to push it away I barged into her door, My heart thudding in anticipation. I ran over to the side of her bed...

"Minho-ah! What are you doing! Get back over here!"

My heart deflated seeing her sound asleep... adrenaline leaving my body, my legs gave way underneath me.

"Thank God...Thank God..."

The sudden urge to hold her tight in my arms left me weak. I wanted to make sure she was real...To make sure she was really here...and breathing...To make sure it was really only just a dream.

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~

"NO! MIN-AH!"

~~~~~END~~~~~

Pain started pulsing in my veins, I shook my head again pushing the nightmare away. Thankfully looking at her again, I wept...

"Minho-ah! Jebal jum! Get out of there! What if she wakes up!"

I nodded taking one last look at her. Just to be sure I stretched my trembling hand out to touch her finger tips...warm...

"Minho-ah!"

I pushed my self off of the ground and the room spun around me...Onew caught me before I collapsed.

"Minho-ah are you okay?"
"I had to check...Just in case...Hyung I..."
"Okay lets get you back to the room."

~~~~~NEXT MORNING~~~~~

 

 

Minhyo P.V.

"Nonna! Are you ready to practice?"

Though I was really reluctant, it's not like I can skip it. I'll just have to deal with Minho's attitude for a little while.

"Yea I gess..."

When I entered the practice room Minho was sitting on the ground, Indian style, with his head cradled in his hands...Is he alright?

"Minho-ssi...are you alright?"

He stood up quickly facing me...*Gasp* My God he was pale white!

"Minho-ssi..."
"It's nothing...I just...." He looked me straight in the eyes for the first time, sending chills up my body...
"Didn't get much sleep..." For a while it seemed I was drowning in his deep chocolate eyes...No..no no...I shook my head.

"Lets get started..."
"Are you sure you are okay? Maybe you caught something from me."
"No...I'm fine."
"Maybe you should rest today. I can practice by myself. You should ju-"
"Minhyo-ssi! Please!"

He stepped back and grabbed his chest, his breathing was shallow.

"Minho-ssi.." I stepped toward him to check for a fever, but before I could touch him he held his hand out to stop me from coming any closer.

"Minho-ssi you..."
"Just please...please..."
"Are you sure you are okay?"
"You know what...you're right...I can't do this today, I'm sorry."

 

Minho P.V.

Ugh..ugh this stupid dream wont leave me alone. I haven't slept a wink. I have to pull it together, Minhyo will be here soon...

"Minho-ssi..."

My heart stopped for half a second

"Are you alright?"

I stood up fast pretending to be energetic, but the sick white in my face gave me away.

"Minho-ssi..."
"It's nothing...Its just..." I looked into her eyes I for some reason unknown to me I wan't her to understand me, if only for a second..
"didn't get much sleep..." There was an awkward silence floating in the air...
"Lets get started..."
"Are you sure you are okay? Maybe you caught something from me."
"No...I'm fine."
"Maybe you should rest today. I can practice by myself. You should ju-"
"Minhyo-ssi! Please!"

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"Minhyo-ssi! Please!"

~~~~~END~~~~~

Pain...stupid dream. My chest was caving in...

"Minho-ssi..." Minhyo stepped closer to me and I put my hand out
"Minho-ssi you..."
"Just please...please."

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"Just please...please."

~~~~~END~~~~~

I heaved...This isn't going to work.

"Are you sure you are okay?"
"You know what...you're right...I can't do this today...I'm sorry."

I left.

 

Onew P.V.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"yeah..."
"Are you awake?"
"yeah..."
"What happened to practice?"
"I just couldn't do it toady. Not today."
"Are you okay Minho-ah?"
"I don't know...That dream keeps playing in my head and it's making me sick..."
"Oh...do you mind me asking...What was it about?"

Minho looked away from me and took a deep breath...

"Minhyo-ssi..."
"What happened?"
"She was running away from me...I was trying to apologize to her...but she wouldn't listen. She just kept crying,and..."
"And...what?"
"She ran into a building. She went all the way to the roof...I tried to get her down...she stepped away from me...and fell over..."

I could see the pain in his eyes...

"Oooh..."
"She was trying to stay away from me...and she fell over...because of me she...she...Hyung!"

He looked up at me with genuine fear in his eyes.

"Oh come on Minho-ah. I'ts just a dream, don't take it so litteraly." He glared at me with burning vulnerability in his eyes.
"You don't know that pain I felt when she fell over...Everytime I remember it I feel that awful pain. Like I'm being crushed!"
"I'm sorry..." He turned his head away from me...
"I just need to sleep it off."
"Okay then I'll let you sleep."
"Thank you..."

I got up and left Minho laying in the dark. I really he hopes he can get control of this, or this could turn into a mess. He's suffering so much...these next four months need to pass by fast...

~~~~~LATER THAT NIGHT~~~~~

"Minhyo-ssi...a...an...andwae...NO! ANDWAE! MINHYO-AH! ANDWAE!"

My eyes shot open...oooh nooo...

"ANDWAE! MINHYO-AAHHH! NO! MIN-"

I crushed my hands over Minho's mouth and looked at the other members...sleeping. I looked back at the writhing Minho under me. He was pale white with a heavy curtain of sweat shadowing is face. Tears were falling from the sides of his eyes mixing with the perspiration. He jerked underneath me and started gasping for air...

"Minho-ah...wake up."

He grabbed the blankets in his fist.

"You've got to wake up" He started hyperventilating. I removed my hand from his mouth and shook him.

"Minho wake up!" His eyes popped open in fear.
"Min...Minhyo-ssi...andwae...andwae..." He started getting up, I sat him back down quickly.
"SHH SHhh...she's sleeping in her room...please...calm down..."

He looked at me, then traced the room and relaxed a bit...

"Hyung..."
"Minho-ah...I think We are going to have to move into the other room...It looks like that dream isn't leaving you anytime soon..." He nodded in agreement...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~heart~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Minho P.V.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Neh!"
"Min...hyo...ssi..."
"Ah...Neh..."
"I'll be in the practice room...."
"O...Okay..."

I turned and walked toward the practice room. Every night for the past two weeks that dream leaves me gasping for air...why wont it just leave me alone?

"Minho-ssi." I looked to my right...
"Neh. Jonghyun?"
"Can I speak with you for a second?"

uuh oh...

"Umm Hyung...I'm Kind of about to start practice..."
"It wont take long."
"Ah..Neh..."

Sighing I followed him to the porch...I dont like the feeling of this...

"Minho-ah..." I looked at him.
"What exactly is going on with you? You've been really distant...and you've been looking really pale lately...Whats going on?"

Trying to hide the panic in my face, I looked away from him...Oh no...what do I tell him?

"Minho-ah. You're not going to answer me?"

I'm sorry Hyung, I took a deep breathe and made eye contact with him...

"It's ...It's my mom...she's really sick-"
"Minho.."

My heart raced in panic

"How could you keep this from us? Your brothers? Huh? Don't you have any faith in us?"

My body relaxed

"...Hyung...I just didn't...want to worry you all..."
"What do you mean worry us! You are worrying us now! No one knows how to communicate with you...Don't keep things like this to yourslef okay? Thats what we are here for. What is the sence in our idol group if...behind closed doors, theres no trust?"
"I'm sorry to hide it from you guys...In the future I'll be more open..."
 "Good..So your mom...Is it really bad?"
"Y-Yeah...they said ..." A drama that I watched during my midnight insomnia saved me...
"Its MS... Multiple Sclerosis ...and she's deteriorating fast..."

Jonghyun looked at me with emphatic and sympathetic eyes.

"Oh Minho-ah...I'm sorry...you have to hang in there. For you moms sake...don't get sick..."

To avoid speaking I nodded. There was a ball of pain swelling in my throat. Now I've lied to my Hyung...What else am I going to do?

"But Minho-ah, Why did you and Onew move to the other room?" I swallowed hard.
"Oh...Onew Hyung already knows...I've been having trouble sleeping lately...because of a dream I keep having. I didn't want to scare you guys with my talking in my sleep. So I moved to the other room, Onew came along to support me...comfort me..."

"Oooh...You Know what...why don't we tell the other members?"
"NO!"
"Why not?"
"Um..Umm..." He looked at me quizzically
"I really don't want...them to worry..."
"You know Key is very worried about you, and I'm afraid Taemin has mistaken you..."

Yea thats right Taemin still hates me...Maybe this will help...

"Okay...Later..."
"Okay, go practice, and don't stress too much."
"Alright.."

I entered the house hoping I didn't just make more of a mess than this already is...

~~~~~LATER THAT NIGHT~~~~~

Jonghyun P.V.

My talk with Minho earlier really cleared a lot of things. No wonder hes been acting so out of it. I wouldn't know what to do if my mother was sick. he just needs some support...But I'll wait until everyone has finished eating. Onew got up and carried his plate along with Taemins to the sink...

"Umm could everyone meet me in the living room after cleaning up?"
"Is something wrong Hyung?" Taemin had a concerned look on his face.
"There's...something I think...everyone should hear..."
"Did something happen?"
"Lets just finish cleaning up, and I'll tell everyone together..."
"Uh...Okay..."

Washing the dishes and cleaning the table were completed in silence, and everyone grimly made there way to the living room.

"Minho-ah come."
"Neh."

I waited until everyone got situated.

"I know everyone has been wondering why Minho-ssi has been spazing out..his mother is sick...really sick...with MS. Onew Hyung already knows so he has been comforting him...So I think the rest of us should help support him..."
"But...Minho-ah...Why didn't you tell us? How can you keep all this to yourself?"
"I...didn't want to worry you all..."
"JEEZ MIHNO! I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU!"
"I didn't-"
"WHY WOULD YOU HIDE THIS FROM US! WHAT ARE WE HERE FOR!"
"I'm sorry.."
"Key Hyung...lets not blame him right now, I think he has enough on his plate."

It went quite for a while.

"Will everyone give our brother Minho some support in his hard times?"

Taemin shot up from his seat almost taking Minhyo who was holding his arm with him.

"Taemin-ah!"

He threw a look of utter disbelief at me, then transferred it back to Minhyo. The both of them were having a heated conversation with their eyes. His focus darted to Minho and turned into a glare. Minhyo gave his shirt a little tug, bringing his attention back down to her. Another conversation commenced. His whole body seemed ridged with anger. What are those two doing? He removed her hand from his shirt and stormed out of the room...we all looked at Minhyo...

"Minhyo-ssi..."
"Ah..n-neh..."
"What was that about?"

Panic lined her face..

 

 

 

 

I felt like this was a really long chapter. =p it took me three hours to type. I know this chapter is kind of boring sorry :'( But YAY! Jonghyun finally gets a P.V. =P There will be a lot more of him soon *smiles* :) And thank you to all my supporters it really gives me a reason to continue to continue the story =P