Escape

Slave Heart

Key P.V.

The door flung open and the next thing I see, is Minho board straight in bed with the blankets crushed in his hands.

"Hyung! Whats wrong with MInho?!"
"Get in and close the door!"
"Hyung!" he snatched me inside and shut the door behind me.
"Help me wake him up."
"HYUNG! Whats happening to him!"
"I'll tell you later! Just help me wake him up or he will continue to be in pain! Hurry!"
"Andwae! Minhyo-ah!"

My hands were shaking so badly. I've never seen anyone in so much pain. I was scared to touch him. Onew on the other hand was shaking him violently....He's used to it...

"Minho-ssi Wake up! It's a dream!"

I sat useless ...what exactly is going on...Minho suddenly came to. His eyes popped open and he frantically scoured the room...

"Here. Here look here!" Minho looked at Onew and exhaled, all signs of his spazzing leaving. Then Minho realized I was sitting there stunned...His whole body tensed and he looked back at Onew with nervous eyes. My focus also turned to the troubled looking Onew....

"What...what was all of that? Just now...what was that? Why-Minhyo-ssi...why were you..." When I said her name the both of them became agitated...
"...WAE?! What is going on!" Minho just stared at me....
"Hyung...what do we do now?" Then Onew stared at me with an unreadable expression....
"Tell him...theres nothing else to do...you can't lie again..."
"Ah Hyuung..." still staring at me, Minho was whining with tears in his eyes...
"What else do you want to do Minho? He's heard EVERYTHING!"
"What! What is it!" I was getting angry. The both of them clearly have something that they aren't telling the rest of us, and here they are speaking as if I'm not right here in front of them.
"What!" They both went silent

"...."
"Key, listen to what we have to say, but you can't get all crazy okay...Try to understand...Minho-ah...he...he-"
"Hyung...I'll tell him...." I looked at Minho. He looked so fragile, his eyes were glassed over with the coming of tears...His whole body looked completely worn.
"I...I...." He took a shaky breath.
"I've fallen so deep...in love...with Minhyo-ssi..." he in another shaky breathe
"...I need her...but I...I can't..." My head was spinning...what is he talking about....deep...in love...what?
"Since...since when did you...."
"The moment I saw her..." When was that, when is he talking about?.....The airport.

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

 

All of a sudden Minho was clutching my arm. he looked sick, what was wrong with him!

"Yah! Minho-ah! Yah! whats wrong with you?!"

He was staring at Minhyo. Was he afraid of her? Because she is African American?

"Onew hyung! Something is wrong with Minho!"

"N..no...i..i am fine.."

"NO you are NOT! You can barley breath! Onew hyung, i will take him to sit down. The rest of you can take Minhyo to get her bags."

I took Minho to one of the food courts in the airport. He sat down while i got him a cup of water.

"Minho-ah are you okay? What was that about?"

He drank the water slowly

"N..nothing. I'm fine."

"That back there was not fine! You scared me half to death! I thought you would faint! Is it...by any chance...are you scared of her?"

He shook his head and looked sick again.

"Then are you sick?" I stretched over the table and felt his forehead. He was a bit warm and sweaty.....

~~~~~END~~~~~

I felt woozy.
"So...since then. Since then you've been having these dreams?!"
"No. the dreams just started about a month and a half ago."
"Then where did the dreams come from? Anni why are you having such violent dreams?"
"Hyung, I think it's better for me to start from the beginning..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1 hour laterheart~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unbeknownst to me, tears had become spewing from my eyes while hearing the story, My whole body felt heavy. Poor Minho-our poor heartbroken Minho....and Taemin. Taemin...
"We have to tell Taemin!"
"No!"
"AH! WAE!"
"He doesn't trust me at all...It's scary...when it comes to my Minhyo-" Oh god he said my Minhyo..."Hes really scary. Actually I'm kind of thankful to him. Without him...She'd be going through allot more pain and hurt."
"But he's just going to keep misunderstanding you."
"She'll be gone soon..." Minho hid his reddening face and swelling eyes. But I could hear it in his voice...Thats going to kill him...her leaving like this...
"When she leaves I'll explain everything to him. If I try to tell him while she's here, he will say its another excuse...Hyung...your not mad that I lied to you guys about my mom?"
"No! What else should you have done? I understand where you were coming from. I'm just really worried about you, though you did do something to deserve it. Why would you treat her like that? No wonder Taemin has gone all Minhyo protection program on you!"
"I was so confused and scared, I didn't know what to do. So that was the first solution that came to me, to push her far...far away...unfortunately I've made her despise me...I think thats where these dreams are coming from."
"Have you ever tried changing it?"
"Yes. I have. But always ends the same...she dies...leaving me in excruciating pain. I haven't had the dream for a while...but thats only because...well...I haven't been sleeping..."
"Minho-ah..."
"It's so hard...I feel like the more I fight against my feelings for her, the stronger it gets. Sometimes I just want her right next to me, in my arms. It hurts literally, not being able to just hold her....What do I do?"
"Minho-ah...sorry...but if we really can't tell the others...you may have to continue like this for a little while longer.."
"I know..."

 

~~~~~~NEXT MORNING~~~~~~

 

Minho P.V.

I waited in the practice room for Minhyo, and thirty minutes later is came walking in with sweats and her hair pulled up in a ponytail. I felt cursed...why...why of all things...must I correct her body positioning...?

"Okay...you can start from the beginning...." I'll just focus on the perfecting to the dance....She began-there....there...there...and there...why are there so many awkward body positions! AND THERE TO! 

"STOP!" She froze....
"Could you shift your focus to the center...more...a little...yes there. Now move you waist to the right...yes...nooo.no..don't move your head...no...*sigh*" Aiiiiissshh. I got up and walked over to her...I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this...I stepped behind her and put my shaking hands on her waist, she stiffened as I adjusted her body...now her head...I gently took her head on the edge of my fingertips and slowly turned her head back to center...she shivered...I know...I'm sorry...You don't like this, I know. I felt myself wavering. I suddenly felt that I didn't care who finds out anymore. Who else is there Jonghyun? Taemin disregards anything I say. A feeling of safety overwhelmed me. It was comfortable, untouchable...her hair swept across my face....ummm Taemin was right...her hair did smell amazing...like sweet vanilla and a hit of honey...I was losing myself...I took a deep inhale and dizziness came over me...

" I'm sorry...so sorry.." I said while exhaling. I felt her shake again
"Sorry. I'm sorry. okay?" I couldn't control myself. all I want is to hold her tight, and never let her go. Before I knew it my arms wrapped around her and I was pulling her close to my chest...how can this be so soothing...so comforting? Mine...mine...mine-she broke free of me, snapping me back to reality.
"Minhyo-ah..." I felt empty 
"What do you think you are doing?" she was shaking with anger. That false sense of security wore off as soon as she left my arms. Oh no...what did I just do?
"Minhyo-ah..."
"Don't call me like that!"
"Min-Minhyo-ssi...I didn't mean t-"
"Stop. stop right there. You know what. I can't take this. What! What do you want with me?! uh? I'm so sick of this split personality thing!"
"So am I..."
"What was that?"
"I'm sick of it to..."
"So why are you doing it?"
"....." I couldn't answer for myself
"I see what Taemin was saying. Why don't you explain yourself!" The words were seeping into my mouth from the pit of my chest...whats the worst that can happen? She feels the same way....
"I'm leaving." She turned away from me and began to leave...
"I love you." I can't do this anymore, I can't take it anymore. I can't be another Lee in her life, so I will explain myself clearly. I can't have her leave and hate me...I just can't. Walking over to where she stood stunned, I guided her to sit down. She was so shocked she could barely walk.
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry for acting the way I've been acting. But it's stopping right now. I can't take it anymore either. The more I hide it...the stronger it gets. So I'm not going to hide it from you anymore, at least.I love...you Minhyo....so much its driving me crazy...you don't even know." 

She looked at me still in shock..

"But I can't...I'm not allowed to do the whole fall in love and date thing as an idol...so I was trying to hide the way I feel by acting like a total jerk. But when I realized how much you were hurting because of it, I stopped and I've been trying to redeem myself..."

There she goes with that lip bitting..
"Stop that, you're going to bleed..." I took my fingers and smoothed her frowning brow line..."and you're going to wrinkle. But this is as far as it goes...right...we can't start anything, because if the director and my fans find out...its over for the both of us..."
"Minho-ssi..."
"Wait...let me just finish...Onew knows, and well Key knows now to. Jonghyun has no clue, and Taemin already hates me. Even if he did find out, he would think it's just another excuse...So the only one I'm really hiding it from now is Jonghyun, the director, and my fans. If Jonghyun finds out, it increases the chance for the director to find out. And if the director finds out, thats the end of my SM Entertainment contract, and if that happens..fans will be angry and hurt...Which could put you in danger and thats the last thing I want to happen. I wont tell Onew or Key that I've told you, and please don't speak a word of this to Taemin. I only wanted to clarify this issue...I can't stand for you to go while hating me...." I watched her expression as everything sunk into her head. What is she thinking right now?I reached out and took her hand in mine, and she jumped up from where she was sitting, looking at me with blazing eyes. Now I was stunned.
"Min...hyo-ssi..."
"I'm so happy! So relieved! I can't believe this, and my heart is thudding in my ears..." Hearing her say that spread warmth through my body. My face was hot and I was finding it impossible to stop grinning. I was feeling especially ecstatic...but she was glaring at me...
"But...how can you be so selfish? Mwol? I can't tell anyone about this? So I have to deal with all of these emotions on my own? Onew and Key know about your feelings, but you wont tell them that you've told me? While your being comforted by them, I can't be comforted and I have to watch Taemin to continue to hate you! So what did you tell me for? To make yourself feel better? So now what do I do?!"

The warmth of happiness left me to be replaced by the ice cold of reality...I hadn't realized....
"Minhyo-ssi..."
"Stop right there. I'm so mad, so angry. But what do I do when I'm so happy at the same time? Everything is whirling around in my head, I want to explode...so don't say anymore. The thought of what will come out of your mouth is making me dizzy."

She stared at me with her hurt eyes and tear streaked face. Guilt joined reality, and I just wanted to hold her. I didn't know if it was to make her feel better of make me feel better...so I refrained and she left wiping her checks.

 

 

Minhyo P.V

I wanted to smile and cry, spin around in circles and kick a whole in the wall...that bad person....that jerk. How can he make someone so confused.

 

~~~~~NEXT MORNING~~~~~

I woke up with the room spinning around me. It wasn't a dream was it? Without the encouragement to sit up, letting my eyes sink shut, I reminisced.

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

"I love you...I love...you Minhyo...so much it's driving me crazy...

~~~~~END~~~~~

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Nonna! Are you up?"
"Neeh." Sighing I pulled myself up in bed while Taemin entered my room.
"It's almost eleven, are you ready for practice?" Oh right practice...I don't want to-with that person-
"Taemin-ssi..."
"Neh?"
"What are you doing today?"
"Nothing. Wae?"
"Do you...want to help me practice?"
"What about Minho Hyung..."
"I can't take him anymore. I don't want to practice with him anymore..."
"Waeyo""
"Just help me practice for the remaining two months okay?" He just looked at me with his suspicious eyes...
"Taemin-ah-"
"okay fine." I exhaled
"Thank you...thank you soo much."
"Yea yea. Well don't just sit around, come on lets go."

 

 

Minho P.V.

 

My palms were sweating, I was so nervous. Is she still really mad? How the heck am I going to run practice today. The thought of it alone is putting my stomach in tight knots. With my fist clenched, I stood in front of Minhyo's door.

*Knock Knock Knock*
"Minhyo-ssi"
"..."

*knock knock knock*
"Minhyo-ssi are you ready for practice?" Again there was no answer. Turing the knob, I poked my head in. There was no one there.

"Minho-ah." I turned around
"Oh! Onew hyung."
"She is already in the practice room." I let my breathe escape me. For a second there I thought she had run away...I entered the practice room
"Minhyo-ssi you-" The music was very loud and she was dancing, and Taemin...why is Taemin here.
"Would you excuse us Taemin. Minhyo and I have to practice..."
"There's no need for that." Suspicion rose from my feet...
"What do you mean by that?"
"Minhyo Nonna asked me to practice with her in your stead." no, she can't do that..My eyes widened
"The director said I should..."
"I Know your part pretty well Minho. I'm a better dancer. So don't worry, I'll train her well." I looked at the indifferent Minhyo.
"Minhyo-ssi..."
"..." Her silence confirmed it and set everything me ablaze!
"Minho-ssi...We would like to continue. So could you excuse yourself?"
"Minhyo-ssi..."
"..." No answer.No she can't! I snatched her arm and dragged her out of the practice room, out of the house, through the park, and down the street.
"Minho-ssi! Let me go! You're hurting me!" For the first time I was extremely angry at her. I know I'm wrong! But how can she end our little time together!
"Let ME GO!" Her had dropped from my grasp and I swung myself around to face her.
Whats your problem?"
"Whats my problem! How could you! How could you do that! Don't you feel any regret at all?!"
"Why should I!"
"Thats or only actual time together!"
"I don't want it! I hate it! It driving me crazy!"
"So your solution is to practice with TAEMIN! Are you trying to drive me CRAZY!"
"AND! SO! Isn't that what you've been doing to me?!"
"I'm not doing it intentionally!"
"Neither am I! I'm only looking out for my health! My sanity! Isn't that what you've been doing? Whether it drives you crazy or not is YOUR business!"
"NO! NO NO NO! You can't! I need it! Please! Can you just! CAN'T YOU JUST IGNORE ME!"
"No. I need to be away from you! I can't take this anymore. Mwol! I can't tell anyone and I can't do anything about this? So I'm supposed to keep it all inside and suffer myself sick while you have peace of mind! Well I'm doing something! I'm not putting up with it anymore!"

 

Fan P.V.

What is going on? Who is that girl? Why is my Minho oppa so sad?

"NO I need to get away from you! I can't take this anymore!" Who does she think she is saying those things to my Oppa! That Monkey .

"Minhyo-ah! Okay I'm sorry okay. I wont ever bring it up again okay. So can you just-"
"Didn't I say no to call me like that!"
"MINHYO-AH! COULD YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME!"......Minnnnhyooo-ssi
"Two moths and we will be done with the show. Maybe even less than two months. It will be over with us in that time. So close your eyes, and I will do the same okay!"
"The only way I can do that is by staying as far away from you as possible."....show..?

 

Author P.V.

The Fan girl crawled out from the curtain of bushes, dusted herself off, pushed her pink framed glasses back on her nose, and continued home..

"shhoowww.."