Episode 8.

Rules of Attraction (Temp Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Similarity

A couple of weeks had passed by since the incident and L continued to give Hana the cold shoulder only talking to her about class things when they had to. Any other time he wouldn’t even look at her and when he did she could swear that behind his intense gaze was a mixture of longing and resentment.

The class was assigned to discuss with their partners. The subject of their assignment would be to compare and contrast the differences of Korean and any other society. They had to compare cultures, customs 

L hadn't looked over at Hana at all that day which made her all the more nervous to be partnered up with him again and it didn't helped that time only seemed to make the distance between them grow as they got more awkward with one another. He moved to his usual spot next to her and looked down as he worked silently on his assignment. She felt slightly annoyed and the expression on her face was only making it more evident that she was but before she could say anything he spoke first.

"I think we can continue to do this on our own."

"Uh, no." she said giving him a slight attitude, "You're grade reflects mine as well."

She wouldn't have normally spoken like that to anyone but considering that he had been giving her the cold shoulder not that long ago she didn't really seem to care. Nor did she appreciate the way he was treating her.

"So that's all you care about?"

"What is wrong with you? You've been treating me like I'm some sort of disease lately and I'm not really enjoying it."

He was looking directly at her now, not passed her like he had been doing lately every time they were partnered together for class. His eyes were sullen; a light trace of guilt was there.

She stared at him firmly as the expression in his eyes softened.

"I'm sorry" he finally said and strangely enough, all trace of anger in Hana had completely vanished. She didn’t like that one bit.

"It's okay" she said, "Let’s just get this over with."

The two began their assignment and even though they were having small discussions about the topic, Hana could still sense that there was still a bit of tension in the air.

Class continued on like this and finally Hana had looked up to see it was almost done with only 5 minutes left to go.

Mr. Williams stood up again and cleared his throat, "Alright so you guys are going to have to pair up for a home project."

"WHAT?" Hana and L managed to yell out simultaneously. Only he spoke in informal Korean.

Everyone looked at them strangely but that didn't stop Mr. Williams from continuing on with him giving them the assignment instructions.

"You all gave one another your phone numbers in the beginning of the semester, right?"

"Yes" the class replied.

"Well, it was for times like these. In this assignment you and your partner will have to get together and walk around the town, taking pictures of how English is used in Korea. Organize and document them on a scrap book and then explain if the English was used correctly or incorrectly. If the English is incorrect write the correct form underneath. I'm looking for 20 different forms of English. It can be signs, menus, and products, whatever you choose."

The students were all talking about it saying that it would be fun, as it should be. The only two who looked like they were dreading it were Hana and L.

"Also I will need proof that you and your partner did this together so for every picture you tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter