Episode 3.

Rules of Attraction (Temp Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
In Bloom

Sleep time for L didn't last that long. A rough and deep voice woke him from his slumber, "L don't fall asleep in my class, especially not on the first day."

"Sorry sir," L slowly lifted his head and stretched out his arms in front of him. He was lucky he had the school’s baseball coach as his homeroom teacher, it also helped that L was a member of the starting baseball team. 

"Alright everyone, we're not going to be doing much today considering it's only the first day of school... but don't expect your other teachers to be the same. I'll start with roll-call."

Sungyeol turned to L as Coach Lee began calling out the names on his clipboard, "Psst, do you think we have practice today?"

"Of course we do. Today's the first meeting of the new school year."

"Good point."

"L..." the Coach didn't even look up from his board and continued by checking off L's name, which wasn't L by the way. It was Kim Myungsoo. A lot of people including the teachers called him by the name written on his baseball uniform 'L', he wasn't necessarily fond of his given name, "You are here."

L gave a slight nod and looked back at Sungyeol who was already prepared to hear his name come up next shortly after L's.

"Lee Sungyeol."

"Here"

Coach Lee looked up from his board, "You guys remember we have practice today right?"

"We were just talking about that Coach."

"Alright good, remember to come on time please."

"Yes"

Roll-call continued and after 5 minutes of going through the sheet Coach finally got to V's in the roll-call. "V-Vee-Rahl-"

"Vee-yahr." A beautiful bell-like voice came from the other side of the room.

"Ah, okay, I think I got it now. Villar Hana?"

"Yes, that's me." Hana flashed a bright smile at the teacher and even L could tell that he was completely caught off guard by it. In fact he could have sworn he saw Coach slightly having to catch his breath as well.

HAH! I guess she has that effect on others too.

"Did I say it right?"

"It was perfect."

"Where is that name from?"

"Hispanic. I'm Cuban-American."

"Really? But you're Korean is so good."

"Thank you; I've lived here most of my life."

"Wow, okay well... I’ll be expecting a lot from you then."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Psst," It was Sungyeol now who leaned over his desk closer to L, "that girl is beyond cute."

Of course he noticed her too.

"You think so?" L had turned to Sungyeol and kept a stone-like expression as if he'd never given it any though before. 

"Don't you?" Sungyeol furrowed his brow, of course, only a blind person would be able to get away with even slightly implying that she wasn't attractive. So it would only make sense that Sungyeol thought L was insane.

L stayed silent as he looked back at Hana. Of course he thought so. He thought so from the moment he first laid his eyes on her back during orientation a year ago. Perfection may not exist in this world... but he personally thought that Hana was the closest thing to it.

"Finally, Food." Hana was holding on to a plastic bowl of warm instant ramen noodles as she tapped her feet happily on the outside pavement. Because it was such a beautiful day the girls decided to eat on the steps outside. Three classes out of 6 had already passed and that whole time Hana thought she would pass out of hunger. She had eaten breakfast, of course she did, but she was hungry as if she hadn't. One could only imagine how happy she was when the bell finally rang for lunch.

"Mei, hand me the chopsticks please."

"Yeah, Sure. Here you go." Meilin handed her a pair of wooden chopstick which came wrapped in a small white packaging paper. Like Hana she was of mixed ethnicity and not exactly Korean. Meilin, full name Meilin Wang or Mei for short, is Hana's best friend. A Taiwanese-American girl and a fellow "army brat" like Hana. With pitch-black, pin-straight hair that she usually braided. She loved trying out all kinds of different brai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter