Episode 4.

Rules of Attraction (Temp Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Numbers

The end of the school day was nearing with only one class to go and the English teacher was assigning class partners, partners that would be paired for the entire year. Sungyeol had just finished getting paired up with Eunjee and seeing this made L anxious. The most impressive thing about this pairing was how well they matched. Eunjee was tall and slender, yet slightly shorter than Sungyeol. Her hair was lightened which gave her slight golden skin a bit more color. She was athletic and had the toned arms and legs to show for it. Sungyeol was acting strangely and it bothered L... he never wanted to hit him so bad before.

So embarrassing.

"Myungsoo?" The teacher, Mr. Williams, looked around. He was tall and sported a white button down shirt, under a baby-blue blazer and beige Dockers.

"Yes" L replied in English raising his hand.

"Okay you will be paired up with... Hana?" Hana looked up from her desk, slightly shocked.

Was she disappointed? L thought as he saw her looking back down at her book with a confusing expression.

He suddenly became nervous and apprehensive as he grabbed his things and headed toward the desk beside her. She didn't look up when he got there, at that moment he started to feel unwanted but then she looked up at him and he stood in his place gazing at her.

"You can sit," she said with a smile, "I promise I won't bite." She gave him a wink and continued writing in her notebook.

He exhaled and sat down. He was luckily she couldn't hear his heart which started racing as soon as she looked up at him and then suddenly stopped when she winked.

This girl really didn't have a slight clue as to what she did to him. She was completely unaware of that, and the hold she had on him was a completely new and frustrating experience for him. She was the only one who can turn him into a fool just by looking at him. L was naturally unaffected by many things and because of this always manages to have a cool, calm and collected expression but this was just getting ridiculous.

"I'm L" he said as he stretched out his hand towards her.

She looked at him slightly and smiled before putting down her pen, "I'm Hana" she reached out and shook his hand.

How long had he been aware of her and now it was when they would speak to one another for the first time in a year. Her hand felt soft against his and the slight touch brought a gentle shudder to his body.

She broke the connection and leaned back against her seat as he did the same and looked up at the teacher who was going to explain the reason for partnering up.

"Okay, today I'm talking in Korean but starting next class it will all be in English. Once I step foot in this class you'll have to speak in English, write in English and read in English until the bell rings. Got it?"

"Yes." the students responded in unison.

"I will only accept Korean under certain circumstances. Now, the reason I partnered you up wasn't only so that you could help one another with the assignments but so that you can both discuss with each other, in English, the topics I put up on the board every class This will help your communication skills and boost your confidence. Theres no need to be nervous or afraid of speaking English. It doesn't matter if you say a couple of words wrong here and there, that's how you learn. You need to get comfortable with it and that's what we're going to do here."

This teacher wasn't half bad, most of the students thought. He was a lot more understanding about the situation as to why people are normally put off by speaking English. 

"I have your grades from last year and it helped me decide how to partner you up. Seeing as we have 4 English speaking students in this class I decided to partner them up with the 4 lowest ranking students in English."

Hana laughed as L exhaled. She leaned in closely trying to keep her voice down, "Aren't you usually a straight-A student?" 

He looked at her, so she did know something about me; this made him a bit happy inside, "You can imagine just how frustrating English is for me." 

He smiled shyly and she flashed her bright smile again as her beautiful large, round hazel eyes hid behind her cheeks. She shook her head and looked back up at the teacher. After a while he finally ended his explanation and went on to give the class a small assignment.

"Since it's your first day we're only going to do something simple but fun to help you and your partners get to know one another. It's going to be a mock-interview. I'm going to pass around a questionnaire-" the students playfully began making sounds of dissatisfaction. The teacher could only laugh before adding, "Don't worry there are Korean translations besides them. This will help you get to know each other better, plus you can practice writing, reading and speaking in English. After you finish filling out the sheet, you can turn it in. If you have any questions you can come up to the desk and ask or raise your hand and I’ll be there. Alright, enjoy." He began walking around the class, passing out the assignment sheet as the students started moving their desks around to be closer to their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter