Episode 11.

Rules of Attraction (Temp Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Over the Top

"Who do you think it is?" Meilin asked as she braided Hana's hair the next day.

It was the early morning and Hana was sitting Indian-style on her bed as Meilin kneeled behind her. Hana had a bag of cookies and was diligently eating it, passing one over her shoulder to Meilin every once in a while. While holding on to the braid with both hands Meilin would lean over, reach down on the cookie with as Hana placed it in.

"Who knows? At this point it can be anyone." Hana said. She had picked a tight fishtail braid. She would usually make Meilin do it loose and to the side but considering that she had to wear it all day and make it last until practice was over she replaced for a tighter version adding a lot of hairspray to keep the fleeting strands from breaking out.

"You gotta admit though..." Meilin said as she placed the scrunchy around the tip of the hair, tying the loose ends, "It did kind of sound like she was talking about L." 

Hana thought about it for a moment as she bit into a cookie, "But theres nothing sweet about L. It's already been three months since school started and he's still just as cold as ever."

Meilin shook the spray can as she leaned in for a cookie as Hana placed one in , "Maybe, it's only how he shows his affections for you."

"Trust me. It's with everyone." Hana was looking straight ahead trying not to move while Meilin put hairspray all over while patting down the free hairs.

"Done." she said as she got up from the bed and placed all of her things back into their case on top of Hana's nightstand. "Okay well, aren't you the least bit curious though?"

Hana sighed as she remained seated, "A little. Do you think she'll take my advice?"

"If she really likes him and thinks it'll work then yeah."

Hana couldn't help but secretly wonder who it was.

Was it L? And why did the possibility of it being him bother her so much?

"Cho, Cho, Cho" Sungyeol said as he strutted his way to where L, Sungjong, Hoya and Dongwoo sat underneath a large oak tree. During free period the boys would always gather by the track field which was on the opposite side of the baseball field near the pool and gym area underneath to this tree which had the most shade. They enjoyed being out in the sun around this time. All of them were drinking ice-cold cans of soda as they spoke about random things. L sat and Dongwoo sat up against the tree while the other Sungjong and Sungyeol sat on a log beside them with Hoya being the only one who sat in between the two but on the grass with his back against the log.

"What?" Sungjong asked as he looked at Sungyeol raising an eyebrow.

"He meant to say Yo, Yo, Yo but he’s an idiot." L said with an un-amused face as he leaned his back and head up against the tree and closed his eyes.

"Of course. That explains it." Hoya said as he tried to hold back his laughter when Sungyeol went to sit in between him and L.

Sungyeol looked at Hoya hard but this only made Hoya break into laughter.

"So about yesterday..." Dongwoo started as he looked at L, ignoring the other two.

"What about yesterday?" L questioned suddenly, his eyes blazing as he stared at Dongwoo.

"Choose your words wisely." Sungyeol said in a dramatic tone which only made Hoya break into laughter again and punch him on the arm.

"Ow!" Sungyeol said looking at Hoya as he massaged the spot where Hoya had hit him.

"You deserve that." L said pointing at Sungyeol.

"Okay so what happened?" Dongwoo persisted but L really wasn't in the mood to answer. He really wasn't trying to start anything with Sunggyu but he knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. It just ended up being sooner. Luckily, before L could answer he was interrupted before he started.

"Hey look, it's Hana." Hoya said pointing in the distance.

It was Hana; she was by herself on the track field about to start doing laps. 

L looked over at her; it was almost second-nature now, whenever he heard her name it became a reflex to look. A bad habit he needed to get rid of. No one could deny that even here she was beautiful. Her hair was styled into some sort of braid as she wore a white t-shirt, red running shorts and a pair of black and white Nike Air Relentless shoes. Those were the shoes that were given to the track team as part of their uniform.

Her dark brown hair had hints of golden when under the sunlight, something he had never noticed before. He was still amazed at the fact that even now there were still so many things that surprised him about her. Once he thought he had her all figured out shed do something so unexpected.

"Hana!" Hoya called out to her as he waved his hand in the air.

"Yah! Don’t call her over." L said alarmed. He was always edgy whenever she was around and he never understood why.

"Why not?" Hoya looked at him curiously.

L tried to relax himself once more, "Just don't."

"Fine. I'll go over there myself." Hoya got up and ran down the small hill toward the track to where Hana stood.

Hana noticed Hoya making his way over and flashed her bright smile. She was always happy to see him. But L noticed something a little different about her today; she looked as if something was bothering her.

She noticed L sitting under the tree; she looked at him, an expressionless face, and looked away from him almost instantaneously. It was times like this he wished he had the ability to read someone's mind. Something he never so much as considered before he met her.

"She’s pretty close with Hoya, you know?" Dongwoo had interrupted L's thoughts, "How come you don't get jealous when they hang out?"

He really did hate it that Dongwoo could pick up onto things quickly sometimes. But L was never one to admit when something was bothering him. Obvious or not.

L scoffed, "I'm not jealous, Hyung."

"Just answer my question and I'll save you the embarrassment." Of course Dongwoo would pick this topic of all topics to be persistent. Sungyeol was the worse when it came to persistence, while Hoya and Woohyun didn't really care if you answered them. They would normally just take that as the conversation is over but L was grateful for that.

"Yeah... it's not like Hoya isn't good looking." Sungyeol chipped in from the side as he opened his back of chips but before he can reach in to grab one L took it away from him. Sungyeol just looked over at him in disbelief as L and Dongwoo grabbed a handful of chips before they gave it Sungjong who also grabbed a handful before sheepishly handing it back to Sungyeol.

"Thanks"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter