Episode 16.

Rules of Attraction (Temp Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Can You Smile

Because of the first volleyball game of the season being only two weeks away Hana hadn't been able to talk to either Nina or Meilin who were also busy doing their own things.

She hadn't been able to clear up the misunderstanding, if there were any.

She felt a heavy feeling of guilt.

She messed up and needed to talk to them.

Both she and Meilin assumed it was L but not once did she ever hear Nina directly say that it was and now that she thought about it Sungjong had been standing near L that day during baseball practice.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. She thought as she walked away from the volleyball court.

She saw Sunggyu sitting in the center of the bleachers.

"Hey you" he said with a smile but even that didn't help lighten her mood and he noticed it right away, "What's wrong?"

"I think I messed up." she said as she walked over to him and took a seat beside him.

"Wanna tell me about it?" he asked raising a brow.

He wore his uniform the way that he normally did except he had taken his tie off and the buttons on his shirt had been undone revealing his white tank top underneath.

"Not really, it's kind of not my place to say anything." she said with a shrug.

He sighed deeply and turned to her, his eyes drew her in and she felt her stomach tie into a knot.

"If it's really bothering you that much then do something about it."

That's easy for him to say.

"But I don't know what I can do. I'm still confused about the whole situation as it is."

"Well then clear up the misunderstandings."

Hana took in a deep breath. No matter what, Sunggyu had a point. She would have to talk to Nina as soon as possible.

"So what brings you here?" she asked trying to change the subject.

"I'm here to tell you that Hoya and I won't be here."

"Why not?" she said taken aback, "I thought we would all go out."

"I know but we can't. We found out that we have to drive out tonight to Mokpo for a game tomorrow morning."

"But my first game is tomorrow night." Hana said disappointed. She wanted them to be there for moral support.

"You're kidding?" He said and she could tell he felt guilty.

She sighed and looked away from him towards the court, "Things just keep getting worse."

Sunggyu flashed a mischievous smile, "So does that mean you want me to go to your game?"

"Well you have to; I go to all of yours."

He scoffed playfully, "Yeah, but for Hoya."

"And you too!" she said defensively.

He just smiled his eyes beaming, "I'm that important huh?"

"Slightly."

"Maybe I should make you miss me some more that way you can finally realize..." he cut off suddenly and began to laugh.

"Realize what?" she asked confused.

"Never mind." he said shaking his head and turning away from her.

"That's not nice." she pouted before Sunggyu let out a heartfelt laugh and looked back at Hana.

Her eyes narrowed and that only made him go into laughter again, "Alright, well go get dressed" he finally said after he was done, "I'll wait for you here."

"Fine." she said as she got up and headed down the bleachers, "I'll be quick."

"Sure you will." he said sarcastically as Hana flashed her own mischievous smile before she walked down the bleachers and towards the girls locker room.

"Oh hey, I've been meaning to ask you something." Sunggyu said as they walked out of the gym.

"Go ahead."

Hana's hair was picked up with a clip and was now wearing a pair of light distressed jean shorts, her clean volleyball shirt and a pair of red and white converse.

"The day at the beach, you spoke to Sungjong right?" he asked as he placed his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah why?" she asked raising a brow.

"I don't know. He's been acting strange since then."

Hana was then reminded of the moment back at the beach when she mentioned to Sungjong about Nina liking L.

Although he didn't say much after that she knew that when she said it she did unintentionally did something she shouldn’t have.

"How so?" she spoke carefully as she listened to what Sunggyu said.

"He's mopey and serious all the time, more so than usual. Even his game is off. I'm afraid it might affect how he plays tomorrow." Sunggyu was worried about him.

Even though Sungjong is an already soft spoken and somewhat serious person the change must be so drastic that even Sunggyu could sense something was up.

"We just spoke nonsense though. About school and stuff" she finally said and immediately felt guilty for lying to Sunggyu but she couldn't tell him. She didn't know how to explain herself bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter