Wedding Bells

EDITING | Tangled Ball of Red

Hi guys, I'm finally back but I'm not sure for how long but thank you for waiting! This chapter should have been longer but it's short. I will try my best to update once or twice more before my exams but for now, I hope you enjoy!

"You didn't know?" Gina was confused. Mimi seemed confused. If Mimi didn't know about Hyungsik, then what did she mean when she said that she'd consider him under different circumstances? What other circumstances could there be? Before anyone said anything else, there was a knock on the door. Ailee got up to open it.

"Speak of the devil," Ailee utters when she opens the door to find Hyungsik. "What are you doing here?"

"Mimi left her phone at the shop," he says, walking inside to the living room and returning Mimi her phone. "Landlord called. The water leakage problem has been solved."

"Finally," Mimi gave a sigh of relief and looked at the girls apologetically. "I really missed my bed."

"I'll drive you home," Hyungsik offers. "Your luggage is already loaded in the car."

"Thanks!" Mimi turns to the girls and apologizes that she wants to go home.

"Wait. You guys were talking about me? Ailee said 'speak of the devil' when she opened the door."

"It's nothing," says Ailee. "Just talking about how cool you are."

"Really," says Hyungsik, eyeing the girls suspiciously. "Anywho, Mimi, are you ready to go?"

"Mhmm," says Mimi as she stands up, thanks the girls and heads to the door. 

"Hyungsik, remember tomorrow is-" starts Gina.

"Yes, yes. It'll be fun, just the three us," Hyungsik says with a wink and smile. "I'll see you guys tomorrow. Call me when you guys are ready."

"Okay. Oh and Hyungsik, Mimi's going to be our photographer. She'll be coming along with us," says Gina. "So we can drop her off at her house after the wedding then hang out?"

"Yeah, that should be fine. See you girls tomorrow. Night." Ailee joined Hyungsik at the door, saying goodbye to both and watch them both walk down the hall.

"We need to talk," Mimi whispers to Hyungsik and turns around to see Ailee still at the door, and waves. "When we're alone."

Hyungsik turns back and waves to Ailee and looks at Mimi confused. When alone just the two of them in the car, he asks Mimi what she wanted to talk about.

"Oppa, we- I thought we talked about everything. I kept your secret from your friends, not telling them about us, how we already knew each other."

"Where are you going with this Mimi?" Hyungsik asks, seeing the look of disbelief on Mimi's face. "Yes, I am grateful for that and Mimi, you're the one person I can talk to about everything. You know that and nothing will change that."

"Sigh, but there is one thing you haven't told me. Hyungsik, you know that I support you in everything. I suppose the reason is that this is super personal so that's why you haven't told me but I just wished I heard it from you instead and not someone else."

"Mi, what are you talking about?" asks Hyungsik when he couldn't think of what Mimi was talking about at all.

"The girls told me you were gay."

Realization hits Hyungsik and he laughs. "I see. Well let me tell you about it on the way to your place."

~ - ~

Sunday

"So how are you feeling?" Jays asks the groom-to-be, who was looking in the mirror fixing his tie.

"Happy. Nervous. Excited," Ken lists then turns to face Jay with a serious face. "I'm rushing this."

"Honestly? Yes you are but if you think she really is the one, she probably is. Be happy man, you finally found her," says Jay as he pats Ken on the shoulder. "You ready?"

"I think so," Ken shakes his head with with a nervous smile. "Let's do this."

 

The room was empty. There was about 40 people attending, only a few of Soo Yeon's friends and sister and Ken's friends. Both their parents had objected to such a sudden wedding so they did not attend. This wedding was also not legal because Ken and Soo Yeon did want their parents' approval before doing so, but they also wanted a ceremony that would bind them together.

Gina watched Soo Yeon walk down the aisle with her older sister towards the front to Ken. Gina's thoughts wandered as she began to imagine herself walking down the aisle toward Yong Guk, the wedding that never happened. She shook the thought away, guilty that it was Yong Guk she imagined and not Jay. She turns to Jay and squeezes his hand. When Soo Yeon got closer to Ken, Gina's eyes widen as the strings connecting them appeared. As Soo Yeon's older sister handed her to Ken, the pink thread began to sparkle and once they read their vows and exchanged rings, the line began to solidify into red. Finally, when the groom kissed the bride, the line flashed brightly then stayed solid red. Gina was amazed to witness such a thing: two people that were destined for one another have found each other.

"I really hope she's the one for him. I've never seen him so certain about a girl-" starts Jay as everyone stands up to applause the newlyweds who were making their way out the church.

"Don't worry, she is. Fate brought them together," says Gina. "They were meant to be together and will grow old with each other."

"Can you say the same about us?" Jay asks as he leans his head in a bit closer to Gina. She turns to his, looking at him face to face.

"I hope so," says Gina and gives Jay a peck on the lips.

The applaus died down when Ken and Soo Yeon exited the church and as people got up, ready to leave, Ken pokes his head in.

"Anyone up  for some brunch?

 

After brunch, the newly weds said their good byes. Jay drove them to the airport, along with Mimi. Jay offered to drive her home afterward and Mimi wanted to show the newly weds their wedding photos. 

"Where are we headed to?" Hyungsik asks the girls, who were both sitting in the back as he drove.

"I don't know actually," says Ailee with a frown. "What should we do?"

"Hmm, release our inner child and go to Lotte World?" suggests Gina. "We can decide what to do when we get there since there are tons of different activities there."

"Why not? We got the whole day. Lotte World, here we come!" shouts Hyungsik and raises his fist like they were going on an adventure.

The trio first walked around the building, deciding on what to do. They then went to the theme park and played there until they were tired out. They went to get some snaks to fill up their stomachs and decided to go skating. When evening came, the three friends took some pictures in the photo booth before heading home. On their way, they dropped by a convenient store to buy some beer and a fried chicken store to get some to go.

Once they got home, the three of them showered and changed into their comfortable clothes. Hyungsik came back with some bags of chips for snacks. The three of them then gathered in the living and talked like the old days, eating chicken and drinking beer.

Gina started off, telling Ailee and Hyungsik about seeing Ken's and Soo Yeon's red threads connect.

"Wow, so it's really true?" Hyungsik asks, with Gina nodding in response.

"Do you see them clearer now? Do they stand out more?" asks Ailee.

"Hm, I didn't notice them that much throughout the day but when I did, they were more solid than they were before."

"Interesting," Hyungsik adds. "So how are you and Jay?"

"Good actually. It feels nice to be loved and in love again but..."

"But?" Ailee asks as both her and Hyungsik waits for Gina to continue.

"Today, during the wedding, I felt like I cheated on Jay. Mentally," explains Gina.

"What do you mean?"

"As Soo Yeon was walking down the aisle, I imagined myself walking down the aisle... toward Yong Guk."

"Wow," whispers Hyungsik.

"Have you done what I've told you yet? Got rid of all things belonging to Yong Guk?" asks Ailee.

"No... I'll get to it sometime this week. I promise."

"Getting rid of his things won't make Gina forget him Ailee," says Hyungsik. "Their love was deep. He will always be in her heart and someone that is special to her. Nothing will change that."

"I didn't say it would. It's best that there aren't reminders of him always around her. It'll help somewhat-"

"Okay! Enough about me. Your turn Ailee. Update Hyungsik on your life," Gina interrupts them as she sensed that they were both getting worked up. Sometimes, Ailee and Hyungsik had these moments where they get carried away on a topic and must point out that their idea is better than the other.

"Nothing new or special for me," says Ailee. "What about you Hyungsik?"

Hyungsik gave out a huge sigh and looked at the girls, hesitant.

"It's time I should tell you guys. You remember my grandma," starts Hyungsik.

"Your grandma! I can't believe I forgot about her. What happened to her when you moved here?" Ailee asks, since before, him and his grandma were living together in a house.

"Well, she hasn't been feeling very well so she moved back to my dad's place and he has been taking care of her."

Both Gina and Ailee now understood why Hyungsik must have been so sad and kept to himself for the past few weeks. He never talked about his dad, since he left home at a very young age to live with his grandma. Hyungsik has always avoided telling the girls about his family other than his grandma. All they knew was that he hated his dad, his mom passed away and so, he only had his grandma left. Why he hated his dad, the girls had no clue.

"Is she doing okay?" Gina quietly asks.

"She's doing much better, but very weak. To be honest, I'm scared."

"Hyungsik," squeaks Ailee as she reaches for Hyungsik's hand. "I'm sorry, I had no idea. Here you were, bottling up all this while I-"

"It's alright, there was no way you would've known. It was nice today to spend a fun day with you guys, to forget everything. I've been so stressed. Grandma is one thing but my family," Hyungsik pauses as his takes his free hand and rubs his forehead. "It's getting bad. My grandma is weak, and the doctor says we should be prepared because she can go at anytime. So of course, my family is fighting over her inheritance. They're money blind."

"Fight? Is there... a lot?" Ailee wondered out loud.

"Yeah, actually. My family is pretty rich. I know I've never told you guys that but it's because I don't consider myself a part of them. I worked and earned my own money."

"Wow, we never knew," says Gina. "Can we go visit her?"

"Yeah, but let me find a day when my family isn't there. My dad, ugh-"

"There, there Hyungsik. Your grandma will be fine and healthy soon. I'll pray for her," interrupts Ailee when she noticed how worked up Hyungsik was getting. "We should head to bed. Tomorrow there's work to go to for all three of us."

The three took turns washing up and cleaned up the food and beer cans. They then set up their sleep spots in the living room and laid down, bidding each other a good night sleep. All of them had trouble sleeping that night as they couldn't stop thinking. Gina thought about Jay and Yong Guk; Ailee was worried about Hyungsik and his grandma; and lastly, Hyungsik thought about his dad.