The wedding

Are you really getting married???

 

Jessica's POV:

 

This is it.

 

 

As I was walking. My feet felt like there’s a hundred pound of chain wrapped around them. Every step felt like I’m being pulled backwards, away from the altar, away from here. Like the aisle is getting longer and I’m not moving from my spot.

 

I focused on the person smiling and waiting for me at the side of the altar.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There he is, the one who I adore so much when I was young. The man who waited patiently for me to come around and notice his kindness, his gentleness, him-just simply him, the whole him.

 

I looked around and saw the happy faces of people, my family and friends.

Looking at my members I know this is not what they had expected.

 

 

 

 

This wedding-my wedding-is a reminder of her. The one person who showed me the true meaning of love and the one person who showed me the real meaning of love and the one person who showed me the real meaning of life. HER- -

 

 

I know I’m the person she hates the most right now. I hate myself too.

 

 

At last what seemed like forever ended as I stood beside the man that I know I will always love even if not in the most romantic way I can think of.

 

He took my hand and led me towards the altar.

My mind was nowhere near this event. My heart squeezed tightly inside my chest. My eyes stinging from the controlled tears that I don’t want to escape. This is what I chose so there’s no turning back, no crying, no anything.

I felt a nudge on my side so I looked up and saw a questioning look on James face. He gestured for me to answer the priest.

 

I turn my head to the front and the priest said”

Jessica, do you take Lee James to be your lawful wedded husband to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health. As long as you both shall live?

 

Suddenly her face popped in my head.

Charming smile,

Laugh

Scrunch up her perfect nose

Pouts

The way she looks at me.

Everything about her.

 

I look one more time to the crowd, hoping that that she’s here. I looked at my members, Tiffany shakes her head and smiled sadly at me. i guess it’s stupid to think that she will be here what I did was unforgivable, I broke her trust, big time.

 

 I guess this is really it.

 

 

 

 

 

I cleared my throat.

“I do”.

 

I choke back the tears that so badly want to escape. I might just break down and I don’t want this hundreds of people witnessing how weak I am. I really thank the veil that’s covering my face, I don’t want anyone to see how I look like cause for sure, I looked like someone who just lost a love one.

I need to be strong. I chose this. I chose to suffer for the sake of people that important to me.

 

No matter what happens, she will always be a part of me. I may be broken and shattered right now, but I know, someday, I’m gonna find that missing piece.

 

And when that time comes, I hope she will learn to forgive this pabo.