Rumors......

Not So Bad Girl 2

“Thanks Addie.” I said to the script handler. She was delivering my scripts for tomorrow. “Hmmm oh nothing it was just Addie.” I said into the phone. “We are shooting the next part of the episode tomorrow and the director changed some lines.” I said explaining.

“Oh, how was work today?” Ilhoon asked interested. I could hear him messing with something in the back ground.

“It was fine…what are you doing?” I said curious as to what it was.

“Mmmm, oh the guys wanted ramen and it’s my turn to cook.” It has been two weeks since me and Ilhoon kissed in his room. That day I rushed to my shoot and then we were bombarded with the tasks of finishing up the first season early, and ilhoon’s company decided they were coming back from hiatus early so we have yet had a chance to see each other since then.  He did call me every day asking how I was, and what y day was like. The only thing we never talked about was that day. It always set me on edge like he regretted it and he was feeling an obligation to call me every day because of it.

“How’s Malaysia?” I asked making conversation so we could stay on the phone longer, I loved our calls though, the sound of his voice always made my day, even if he felt it out of obligation.

“Hot…very hot.” He said exasperated.

“It’s winter?” I said bewildered.

“That’s why I’m so confused…I think I would rather freeze performing then die of this heat.”

“Miss…it’s time for your scene.” Addie said poking her head into my tent. I gave her a polite nod.

“Ilhoon…”

“Uh…yea?” he said his voice nervous. It always changed when I said his name like that…

“I have to go…my scene is up.” I thought I heard a sigh of relief on the other end and it made my throat contract.

“Oh…uh yea ok…I’ll call you tomorrow. Bye!” he said returning to his happy tone from before.

“Yea…bye.” I said softly and disconnected the call. I tossed my phone aside and cast thoughts of Ilhoon out. It was nearing a critical point in my show and I had to be focused.

 

“Ilhoon! Is dinner ready!” sungjae called. He wandered in to the kitchen his phone glued to his ear like it always was. “I and Lee hi want to eat dinner together.” He said with a cutesy smile. I groaned rolling my eyes.

“You guys are an ocean apart!” I hissed irritated.

“Doesn’t mean we can eat at the same time while we sit on the phone!” sungjae said insulted. I tossed some noodles into a bowl angrily and shoved it at him.

“There! Eat!” he gave me a smile and ran off with the bowl. I sighed and started making more noodles.

“Yah! What’s with all the slamming?” eunkwang fussed coming into the kitchen. “Hey… did you just get off the phone with hye mi-ah?” I nodded sulking. “Did you ever ask her about that stuff online?” I gripped the spoon tightly in my hand at the mention of it. “You know it’s probably not true right…you know how they like to start rumors about co-stars…joo won is like 7 years older than her.” Eunkwang said trying to comfort me. The day I had kissed hye mi-ah I had found something online…something that made me uneasy. There was a rumor that her and joo won given their romantic roles in the show had a relationship going on outside of the show…I didn’t believe it but thoughts of how he had always been very kind and caring towards her and their affection for each other kept running through my head…then pictures of them holding hands and eating lunch together surfaced making the rumors grow. I hadn’t had the courage to talk to her about it even though I called her every day trying to…and she had yet to bring anything up.

“Suppers done.” I huffed tossing the spoon down on the counter and walking off. I walked back to the room I shared with peniel, eunkwang and changsub and flopped myself down on the bed beside peniel and stared at the ceiling.

“Phone call again?” he said knowing already. “Ok, I’ll leave you alone.” He said sliding off the bed patting my leg as he went. I heard the door shut behind him as he left.

 

“WHAT!!! AND YOU’VE BEEN KEEPING THIS FROM ME!” I screamed angrily at Addie…she flinched away from me never having seen me lose my temper. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself before is poke again. “Why…didn’t you say anything weeks ago!” I said calmer this time. I pointed angrily at the computer screen where pictures of me and joo won where pulled up along with articles on a relationship between us.

“I’m sorry ma’am…but your manager and your company director said not to say anything to you about it now, they said it was pointless to frustrate you at this important time especially when they couldn’t do anything at the moment because the rumors already spread…it’s also very good for publicity since the ratings for the show have shot through the roof since the rumors started.” I sat in my chair with a huff running my fingers through my hair messing up the work the stylist had done.

“You guys don’t understand…” I said near tears. No wonder Ilhoon hasn’t spoken to me about us, or anything substantial since that day…he was bound to have seen these. I closed the computer gently not wanting to look at it another minute.

“Uhhhhh…can I come in.” I looked up to see joo won peeking in nervously. I waved him in not caring anymore. “Addie.” Was all he said I assume he made a gesture to her to leave because a second later she was quickly leaving the tent.  Joo won knelt down in front of me and clasped my hands tightly in a reassuring gesture. He was good at that, always like the bigger brother to me. “How are you?” he asked in that tone that always made me feels comfortable and safe. I shook my head trying to hold back tears. I looked up to the roof trying to make them go back but they still escaped.

“Ilhoon…he has to have seen these…it…” I stopped before I cried harder.

“Calm down…it will be ok…I’m going to fix the rumors.” I looked at him hopefully.

“How!” I said clenching his hands tighter.

“It will be a week or so before it happens you understand? I have to wait for the right time for me…I…I want to propose to Addie.” He said bushing. I gasped in shock.

“Our…our assistant?” he chuckled.

“Your assistant…I refused to have her as mine… we’ve been dating a while now…and her birthday is coming up… I wanted to do it then. She’s been just as devastated as you are now for this whole time and I think we will all be happy when the rumor goes away. Ill announce to the reporters after I propose ok?” I nodded tears streaking my face. I was so happy for him but even more excited that these rumors would be cleared up.