Goodbyes and Hellos

Not So Bad Girl 2

“HOW ARE YOU FEELING?” peniel asked as I slowly ate some of the ice cream he had gotten me. I was sitting on his bed with my knees pulled up to my chest. The girl from earlier had already left.

“IM BETTER…THANK YOU PENIEL…BUT I THINK I SHOULD GO.” I said standing up. “I DON’T THINK IT’S THE BEST THING FOR ME TO BE AROUND HERE FOR A WHILE.” He stood up a sad expression on his face.

“YOUR MY FRIEND…YOUR ALL OUR FRIENDS… YOU DON’T HAVE TO STAY AWAY JUST BECAUSE YOU AND ILHOON HAD A TIFF.”

“PENIEL IT WASN’T A TIFF… IT WAS AND ENDING… IT DOESN’T MATTER THAT’S NOT THE REASON I HAVE DECIDED TO STAY AWAY… IVE GOTTEN TO FAR OFF MY ORIGINAL TRACK HERE… I NEED TO FOCUS ON BECOMING AN IDOL.” He nodded.

“IF YOU THINK SO… KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T SKIP MEALS OK?” I nodded and gave him a tight hug.

“I LOVE YOU PENIEL YOU’RE THE BEST FRIEND I THINK IVE EVER HAD. I NEVER WANT TO LOSE YOU.” He squeezed tightly before walking me out. “TELL THE GUYS TO TAKE CARE AND NOT BE SUCH LUSHES… IT MIGHT BE A WHILE BEFORE I SEE THEM AGAIN…YOUR GOING TO MAKE YOUR COMEBACK SOON…AND I PLAN TO SHOOT UP INTO STARDOM, WELL ALL BE BUSY.”

“I will… see you around hye-mi-ah.” He kissed my forehead before walking back inside. I started down the hall when I froze in my tracks. Ilhoon was sitting on the stairs. As soon as he saw me he hopped up. I gave a slight nod as respect before I moved towards the steps to leave.

“wait… I know things are going to be tense for now… but maybe we can be friends again.” He said looking at me. I turned to him and gave him an emotionless smile, the kind that you would give to a stranger who decided to talk to you in passing.

“ilhoon…” he looked at me slightly off guard from my tone. “sure.” Was all I said.

“really?” he said in surprise. I gave a chuckle that was cold.

“when “friends” have a fight like that and one comes to the other saying they want to be friends again…when one of them easily agrees like I did….it just means that they don’t plan on ever seeing that person again.” His eyes widened in shock and I turned and wlaked away not looking back. I was going to throw myself into my career…I was through with men getting my head all screwed up for no reason. I picked up my phone and dialed my closest oppa.

“hye-mi-ah? Why are you calling so suddenly.” I steadied my voice before I spoke.

“daehyun oppa… do you still have that contact you offered in the idol business?”

“yea of course why?”

“I would like to take you up on that offer…I want to join now.”

“are you sure? I thought you wanted to go to school and graduate first… so you would have some time…you know if you do this…its really hectic you wont see all your friends and family very often.” I took a deep breath.

“I know…im ready.”

I tucked a stray hair back behind my ear as I waited in the lobby with Daehyun. We were waiting for the director.

“are you ok? You sure about this?” Daehyun asked holding my hand.

“Im sure…thank you oppa…for doing this for me.” he nodded giving me a smile.

“miss hye-mi?” someone called. I looked up and the directors assistant was waiting. “you may come in now.” I nodded and followed her in Daehyun close behind.

“Daehyun! How wonderful to see you!” the director cooed happily. Daehyun smiled and walked over shaking the hands friendly with the director.

“been a long time director.”

“it sure has…it broke my heart when you left the company…hows that lovely wife of yours… and the child?” they chit chatted a few more minutes before turning their attention back to me. “but I think ill forgive you since you are bringing in this delightful young lady. Miss hye-mi… I’ve been watching you since Daehyun told me you where coming to school here in Korea, he told me to leave it be because you wanted to graduate. Until he called me up and told me you were ready to become a trainee… I looked at your audition tape and I think you have all the talent to debut right away but unfortunately we have nowhere to place you at the moment so you’ll have to endure some training… but otherwise…” the director stood my heart racing with every word he was saying…was this really happening? So easily. He held out his hand to me and I took it eagerly. “welcome to YG entertainment.” He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but giggle looking to an approvingly proud Daehyun.