One more second

What My Heart Tells Me To Do

A Year Later

Sanha stepped out of the taxi with two large bags filled with food. She paid the driver and ran off into the building. She flashed her VIP special access pass and easily walked passed all of the security as jealous fan girls whined. The news of Sanha and Daehyun being a couple was a hot topic for a month until people started finding better entertainment news to report. Even though the two haven't seen each other in a year, the news of their breakup was never published. Everyone still thinks they are a couple, but are just super secretive of their private affairs. Sanha had started university and was studying Pre-Med. Whenever people asked her about Daehyun she would just laugh and smile, not wanting to say anything bad about him or that every night she cries knowing that he must have totally forgotten her by now. Because of her studies Sanha has very little time to go and see her brother and BtoB perform, but it was the day before Eunkwang's birthday and she wanted to surprise him.

"Sanha!" Ilhoon cheered as he stood in the hallway getting his microphone set up. "Is that food? I'm jealous." He stepped away from the stylists who were fixing his hair and makeup. Sanha giggled and shrugged her shoulders. Her and Ilhoon tried going out for a date or two, but Sanha could never move on properly from Daehyun. She would rather die alone than play Ilhoon like that. Ilhoon playfully ruffled her hair and pointed her off in the direction that the boys dressing room was.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure they save you some. Just hurry back from your stage okay?" Sanha blew him a kiss and skipped off towards the dressing room. Ilhoon reached out and grabbed the kiss before placing his hand over his heart.

"That girl..." He muttered before chuckling and rushing off to the stage he was featuring on. Sanha knocked on the door that had a large sign reading 'BtoB'. The door opened and the boys manager automatically hugged Sanha and brought her into the room.

"SANHA!" The boys jumped up from where they were sitting and rushed over to her. "Food? You spoil us way too much~" Changsub cheered before grabbing the food and rushing over to the table to lay it out. Their managers yelled at them to be careful since they were on a diet. Eunkwang walked past the guys and hugged Sanha. He reached out and lightly touched the tips of her hair.

"Why don't you let your hair grow long again? You're not sick anymore....you can grow it out." Eunkwang looked over his sister with her short bobbed hair cut, healthy pink skin and bright eyes that reminded him of the girl he knew before her sickness. She was finally starting to realise that she could live her life again, and that made Eunkwang ecstatic.

"I like it like this. Plus it's easy to manage this way. Happy birthday by the way." Sanha kissed his cheek before pushing him over to s who were already devouring the food. "Hey! Leave some for Ilhoon!" Sanha had to tear the lunch set away from Sungjae who was already begging for seconds. They sat in the dressing room for a couple of minutes before one of the boys managers came into the room.

"Hey Sanha, can you do me a huge favour?" He explained that someone needed to find the stylist because Ilhoon had ripped his outfit on stage, but no one could find her. Sanha promised to find her and ran out of the room and searched every nook and cranny. She poked her head out of the back door and found the stylist smoking and laughing with some other employees.

"YAH! Get inside right now! Ilhoon ripped his outfit!" Sanha yelled and the stylist threw her cigarette on the ground and ran inside, cursing about how she was going to get fired for this. Sanha giggled and started walking back to the dressing room.

"Sanha?"

"Yeah?" Sanha turned around expecting one of BtoB's managers to be standing there. Instead it was Himchan whose mouth was hanging open. Sanha's eyes grew wide and she started to panic. If Himchan was around that meant Daehyun was too.

"Hyung what are you doing?" Daehyun stepped out from around the corner, laughing about something stupid Zelo had done in the dressing room. He looked to see what had made Himchan paralysed and when he saw Sanha, he too froze. "Sanha?" Daehyun blinked a few times, hoping that he wasn't imagining this. "Sanha....Sanha!" Daehyun took a step towards her but Sanha her heels and ran with all of her strength. "SANHA!" Daehyun took a few steps to run after her but Himchan grabbed him. "Let me go hyung! It's Sanha!"

"Let her go Daehyun...it's been a year." Himchan tried to reason with Daehyun who was starting to pull Himchan down the hall with his strength. Their argument got louder and the other members came out of the dressing room to see what was going on.

"I don't care! I still love her hyung!" Daehyun ripped away from Daehyun and took off running the way Sanha did. Yongguks arms wrapped around Daehyuns chest and pushed him to the wall before he could get any farther.

"We have to perform Daehyun! You can't go running after her! She left you for a reason!" Yongguks tone was angry which was enough to scare Daehyun into staying still. Yongguk let go of Daehyun who kicked the wall and stormed off towards their dressing room. He was so close to her, but he let her slip out of hands again. He cursed to himself and covered his face, not caring that he could be messing up his makeup. He felt like he was in a bad dream that never seemed to end, no matter what he did he always seemed to lose her. He looked up at the television screen and saw that BtoB was now performing their new single. A staff member came to get the boys since they were going to be next. Daehyun pulled himself to his feet and was dragged by Youngjae to the back stage where their microphones were getting their finale checks. BtoB just finished up and was waving to their fans when someone caught Daehyun's eye. Sanha was sitting in the very top row with the BtoB's stylists. She was waving her arms crazily in the air and her brother did the same. The boys came bouncing off the stage and nearly ran into B.A.P.

"Oh....hey..." Ilhoon said when he bumped into Daehyun. They both just looked at each other for a while before Ilhoon patted Daehyun on the back and continued off to their dressing room with his hands shoved into his jacket pockets so he wouldn't feel the need to break anything. Daehyun took a deep breath before going out onto the stage to perform.  The lights turned down and as soon as the boys stepped onto the stage they were greeted by the deafening screams of their fans who had been with them through thick and thin. Sanha sat painfully still and dug her nails into her knees to try and make herself move.

"Come on Sanha, aren't you going to go see the boys?" The stylist asked before looking to the stage and seeing who Sanha was staring at. "Oh, you want to see your boyfriend? How cute." The stylist waved good bye and left Sanha alone. She didn't say anything back as she sat there, watching as the lights came back on and B.A.P's song started playing. Sanha closed her eyes and listened to the music as it vibrated through the studio. The fans chanted along with the boys and blew their whistles at the perfect moments. B.A.P shined on stage and it was hard for Sanha to ignore her feelings. She loved Daehyun, even after a year apart from him. Sanha opened her eyes and looked at the boys as they finished up their song. Daehyun was staring right at her as he sang his final solo of the song. The song ended and the boys stood panting on the stage as the lights shined down on them making them look like God's to their fans who screamed for their favourite member. The boys bowed and waved to their fans who patiently waited for them.

"I LOVE YOU!" Daehyun yelled pointing right at Sanha. None of the fans seemed to notice and just started screaming. Sanha felt her heart quicken and finally her legs let her stand up and run away. She left through the doors at the back of the studio and ran towards BtoB's changing room. As soon as Daehyun saw her get up to run, he bolted off the stage, had the microphone ripped off of him and he also ran towards BtoB's changing room. He came running down the hall just in time to cut Sanha off who came from a different direction. "Sanha!" He reached out and grabbed her wrist.

"Let go of me!" Sanha tried to pull away from him but Daehyun pulled her tight against him and wrapped his arms around her small body. Sanha froze in his embrace and her heart melted at the feeling she had missed for so long.

"Don't leave me....I don't know if I can survive it again...." Daehyun held onto her tighter and Sanha could feel him shaking. She slowly brought her arms up and lightly held onto him. "I love you so much Sanha. I never could love anyone else you idiot." Sanha held onto him tighter and felt herself giving into him again. It didn't matter anymore. They were together.

"But....what about your company....your fans....I'm not good enough for you..." Sanha tried to snap out of it and pull away from him but Daehyun held onto her tighter.

"IDIOT!" Daehyun yelled and held her at arm's length so he could get a better look at her.  The noise brought BtoB and a few of the staff out to see what was going on. Eunkwang was going to go over and break them up again, but Ilhoon grabbed onto his hyung and forced him to stay away. "I don't care what they say or do. I love you. I will leave B.A.P is that's what you need to feel secure. Is that what you need?" Daehyun looked at her, totally serious about his declaration. Sanha saw how serious he was and shook her head. The last thing she wanted was to ruin his career because of her. "Sanha...I want this to work...you need to trust me that I will never let anyone ever hurt you." Daehyun her cheek and the ice in Sanha's veins melted. She felt so human again that it was almost painful to remember.

"I love you." Sanha whispered as she felt tears prick at the corner of her eyes. She looked up to Daehyun who, with a sweet smile, leaned in and kissed Sanha on the lips. The both of them felt so complete. They knew that after all of this, nothing was going to separate them. Daehyun pulled away from the kiss and placed a light kiss on her forehead before laughing and pulling her into another hug.

"You make me so mad sometimes.....I love you." Daehyun took her hand  and looked around to see everyone staring at them and smiling. "Come on...we need some privacy." Daehyun started walking away with her, afraid that any movement would break her.

"Daehyun...." Sanha felt how gentle he was being with her. She tightened the grip on his hand and pulled him along as she ran. Daehyun was afraid that she was going to pass out any moment but Sanha kept looking back and laughing as they made their way out of the building. He stepped up his pace so he was a step ahead of her, the both of them laughing and smiling knowing that they had found their other half.

"Taxi!" Daehyun yelled when they made it onto the main street. Still in his stage outfit, it didn't take long for the fans to find him and come running. Daehyun wrapped Sanha in his arms and buried her face in his chest as the girls swarmed them and started taking pictures. He waved and greeted them like an idol should, but whenever they tried to come near Sanha he would put his arm out to protect her. A taxi finally pulled over for them and the two of them spilled into the back of the taxi and started to drive away from the craziness that is fan girls. Daehyun told the driver a specific location but Sanha couldn't recognise it at all. On the car ride there they told each other everything that was going on with their lives. How Sanha was better now and the only reminder of her sickness was the pale scar down the middle of her chest. How she was studying medicine to help people like her. How Daehyun had won many awards and how the both of them still cared for each other like they did a year ago.

"Hm? What is this place?" Sanha asked as the taxi pulled to a stop and the two of them stepped out and Sanha paid since Daehyun didn't have any money on him.

"You'll remember. Just give it a second." Daehyun took her hand and happily led her up a gravel trail. The two of them didn't care if anyone saw them together. They were a couple and ready to flaunt it with the world. They walked up to the jungle gym from a over a year ago where Daehyun first confessed his love for Sanha.

"No way." Sanha said breathlessly as she walked over to the jungle gym and climbed up it with Daehyun right behind her. They played for a while before sitting on the edge of the jungle gym with their legs hanging over the edge. Daehyun was sitting behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist and his legs on either side of her. Sanha rested her hands on top of Daehyun's and leaned her head back on his shoulder.

"By the way....did you like me back then? I never really got an answer you know." Daehyun whispered in her ear after brushing a piece of hair behind her ear. Sanha giggled and turned her head a little so their lips were only an inch apart.

"I loved you back then but I love you more today and I'll continue loving you more everyday for the rest of my life."  Sanha planted a sweet kiss on Daehyun's lips before blushing and looking away. "I'm sorry I ran away from you for a year. I just didn't want to hurt you more than I already have." Sanha played with one of the rings on Daehyun's hand and looked at the way the silver shown in the sunlight that leaked through the leaves of the surrounding trees.

"I'm sorry I didn't chase after you harder." Daehyun rested his chin on Sanha's shoulder and kissed the pale skin of her neck, loving every second they were together. "My managers must be going crazy." Daehyun laughed, earning a laugh from Sanha too.

"Eunkwang oppa must be furious too." Sanha bit her lip and moved her hip so she could pull her cell phone out of her pocket. Before she could hit the speed dial for her brother, Daehyun reached out and grabbed the phone from her, holding it out of her reach.

"Wait. Before you call them.." Daehyun leaned over and kissed Sanha sweetly. When their lips parted they rested their foreheads onto each other's and smiled. "Let's be together in bliss for one more second please."  Sanha nodded in agreement and kissed Daehyun again, wishing this moment would never end. But with the person she loved, she knew that this moment would continue on for the rest of her long, healthy life.

------------------------------------

~Please comment~