All alone

What My Heart Tells Me To Do

"Oppa!" Sanha sat up straighter in her bed as Eunkwang charged into the room with a large smile on his face. He wrapped his arms around his little sister and tightly embraced her. Sanha and Eunkwang had a hard time separating but when they did Eunkwang sat on the bed beside her. He was surprised with how little she was since they could both fit on the bed comfortably.

"Sorry I couldn't be there for when mom and dad brought you here." Eunkwang rested his head on Sanha's shoulder and tried to hold his breath. The hospital smelled of cleaning supplies and sickness, sadly that was what Sanha now started to smell like.

"It's okay. Ilhoon was there." Sanha looked at the flowers and back to Eunkwang. Bringing her flowers was something that Eunkwang never would have done. Maybe an article of clothing or maybe a book but he would never bring her flowers. Eunkwang turned the television on and the two of them watched drama's together and just like Eunkwang he whined and complained the whole time, but he never changed the channel. Two hours later there was a knock at the door and in walked Eunkwangs manager.

"It's time to go." He said and Eunkwang let out a little sigh. Eunkwang swung his legs over the edge of the bed and pulled himself away from his sister.

"I'll come visit you again." Eunkwang kissed the top of her head and turned to walk out of the room.

"Oppa...thank you for the flowers." Sanha gave a shy smile but Eunkwang looked at her with confused expression. He looked to the flowers on the window and shrugged.

"I didn't buy those for you." Eunkwang was led out of the room by his manager, leaving Sanha stunned. Sanha grabbed onto the IV pole and stood out of bed. Her stomach turned at the motion of moving but she continued on towards the window. She reached out and grabbed the small note that was placed among the flowers.

To, Seo Sanha

I hope you like the flowers, I didn't know what else to get you. Maybe when we hang out next time you can tell me what you want.

From, Jung Daehyun

Sanha looked at the flowers which glistened in the setting sun light. She shuffled over to the side table and hit the nurses button. A young, perky nurse came into the room with a wide smile on her face.

"Excuse me but...uh...do you know who brought these for me?" Sanha gently ran her fingers over the silky petals.

"Yes a young man came by and dropped those off. He was extremely handsome. You're a very lucky girl." The nurse left the room and Sanha looking down at the flowers. It had to be Daehyun, there was no other person who could have brought it. She banged her head off of the window frame and felt tears come to her eyes.

"Oh God! Did he see me like this?!" Sanha whined as she brought the flowers over to her side table. She placed it down and sat on the edge of her bed looking out of the window. She was so tired and felt so terrible that all she could do was cry. The visit from her brother only made her feel lonelier. Life was continuing outside those hospital walls but she was stuck in this stuffy, cold room. She rolled onto her side and rested her head against the rough pillow. "Mom....mommy..." Sanha muttered to herself and tears came trickling down her face. She was alone. Everyone who was in her life were moving on without her. Sanha let herself drift in and out of sleep, constantly being awaken by the nurses and doctors who would come in and check on her every hour or two. At four in the morning Sanha walked out of the room and headed over to the nurses desk where the perky, young nurse looked tired and beat down. "Excuse me...umm...I was wondering if I could..maybe...use your phone..." The nurse picked up the old styled phone and lifted up on the counter so Sanha could use it. "Thank you." She stood there for a minute thinking of what person she could call at this early hour. She dialed the number and listened to phone ring and ring and ring. Just as she was about to give up hope she heard the phone click and a deep, groggy voice answered her.

"Hello?" The man said and Sanha couldn't remember anything she was going to say. "Hello? Is anyone there?" He said clearly annoyed and Sanha wouldn't blame him.

"Hello." She finally said and the man cleared his throat. "Ilhoon...I'm sorry for calling you..but I just..." Her voice trailed off as she talked to him. She felt like a complete idiot for calling him and waking him up. He's a busy idol who runs around all day and the last thing he wants is to listen to her talk when he could be getting a few hours of blissful sleep.

"Ilhoon! Shut up!" Minhyuk said and Ilhoon jumped off of his top bunk and quickly stumbled into the main part of the apartment. Sanha wanted to hang up. She felt terrible for calling him as her second option. Truthfully, if she had Daehyun's number, she would have called him. But she didn't. And instead she had to call Ilhoon.

"Hey Sanha...what's going on?" Ilhoon was a little concerned as he rummaged through the fridge and pulled out the orange juice that Peniel had bought the day before. He popped open the bottle and started drinking it.

"Nothing much....I just wanted to hear a familiar voice." Sanha looked up to the nurse who was clearly listening in to the conversation but was pretending to be shuffling a few folders around. "I didn't know who else to call."  Ilhoons heart beat faster and he couldn't help but jump up and down a little.

"Don't ever be afraid to call me. I'm here for you 24/7....well maybe not that much, I do have to work after all...it's more like 12/5.." Sanha chuckled and Ilhoon smiled knowing that even in his current state of mind he could make Sanha happy.

"Thank you." Sanha looked up at the nurse again and saw that she was motioning for her to wrap it up. With a heavy sigh Sanha twirled the phone cord around her finger. "I hear you guys are having a comeback soon...You'll have to tell me the comeback date so I can watch it on television."

"Well hopefully you can come watch it live. Otherwise I want nothing to do with you anymore." Ilhoon looked outside the large windows in the living room and gazed at the romantic night sky. Sanha laughed loudly and apologised to the nurse for making too much noise.

"Oh man I love you." Sanha said while getting glares from the other nurses who came to check out who was causing the noise. Ilhoon stopping breathing when he heard Sanha say those three words. He thought for a second that he was just imaging it, but with her silence he knew that she had truly said it. He opened his mouth to say it back to her, but he was cut off. "You're almost a better brother to me than Eunkwang." Ilhoon heard his heart break. He rested his head against the cool window and cleared his throat. "I gotta go Ilhoon....I'll call you another time okay?"

"Yeah...sure...anytime. Talk to you later." With that Sanha hung up the phone and thanked the nurse before heading back to her room that seemed a little brighter than before. Ilhoon wandered back to the bedroom and climbed back up onto his top bunk and stared at the ceiling. He tried to fall back asleep since they had to get ready at six, but there was no way he was falling asleep any time soon. Sanha on the other hand, felt very relaxed and content with talking to Ilhoon. She fell asleep looking at the flowers and reading Daehyun's note over and over again.

--------------------------------------

~Please comment~