Something that needs to be said

What My Heart Tells Me To Do

"So what do you want to do?" Daehyun asked as he intertwined their fingers together while sitting in the back of the taxi. Sanha shrugged her shoulders, the weight of the world was gone from her shoulders. Being with Daehyun calmed Sanha. Any problem she was having didn't matter as long as he was beside her.

"Anything...everything..." Sanha told the taxi driver to turn down an empty street and the two of them stepped out of the car. "Here." Sanha pulled a face mask out of her pocket for Daehyun and a matching one for her. Daehyun looked disappointed as he held the mask in his hand.

"So you don't want me to be seen by other people?" Daehyun slowly slipped the mask on and Sanha did the same.

"You're an idol...I don't want your reputation to go down because you were seen walking the streets with someone like me..."  Sanha lightly grazed her hand against Daehyun's cheek. He nuzzled into her touch and looked at her with sad eyes. He didn't care if everyone in the world saw them together, he was happy being with her and if no one else liked it, then that's their problem not theirs. But he understood her insecurities and kept the mask on.

"Come on." Daehyun grabbed her hand and together they walked out onto a cute little street that had college style cafes and hangouts. Sanha felt like everyone was staring at her, as if they knew she was with Daehyun. She looked to Daehyun and he was just staring ahead of them as they maneuver their way through the crowds of people. He was so brave and careless that it relaxed Sanha a little bit. "Let's go in here!" Daehyun pulled her into a cafe that had an abandoned second level. Sanha went down to the counter and ordered drinks and food for them. Daehyun felt like an idiot for not being able to go and buy it for them since he wanted to seem dependable to Sanha, instead he looked a bit like a burden.

"Hot chocolate for the two of us and a slice of cheese cake for you." Sanha placed the cake slice in front of him and Daehyun's eyes grew wide. He thanked her before eating the cake so quickly Sanha would have sworn he had been starving for days.

"So what's the sudden field trip for? Not that I'm complaining or anything, but it is a bit random. It's just..you know...I'm worried. Is anything wrong?" Daehyun sipped on his drink and watched as Sanha tried to figure out what to say. She took a large chug of her drink, the scalding liquid didn't even phase her. Daehyun reached out with a napkin and wiped a little bit that was starting to run down her chin.  

"No, nothing's wrong. I just really needed to see you." Sanha could feel her heart break as she lied to Daehyun so effortlessly. He stared at her blankly for a moment before reaching out his hand and placing it onto hers. He ran his thumb over the back of her hand and the scar that had formed from the IV being constantly stabbed into her.

"Okay...I trust you." Daehyun smiled sweetly as he looked at Sanha. She smiled back at him and adjusted the hat on her head. "Are you done? Come on, let's walk some more." Daehyun stood up from the table and slipped his mask back on before taking Sanha's hand and leaving the cafe. They walked down the street, their steps in sync with their hearts. They talked about everything that was on their mind. Daehyun's busy schedule, Sanha missing being able to hang out with her friends every day and things that they wish they could do again.

"But you know what I miss the most?" Sanha suddenly said as she let go of Daehyun's hand and stopped in the middle of the road. He looked at her confused as Sanha slowly inched towards a path that led to a park. "Races!" Sanha took off running down the path and Daehyun quickly followed after her. He could have easily passed her but instead he decided to keep up at her pace and see the smile on her face. They made it to the park that was hidden from view in the street by some trees and over grown bushes. "Oh cool, a jungle gym!" Sanha skipped over to the rusting jungle gym and climbed up to the very top. Daehyun put his hands in his pockets and watched as Sanha ran around exploring every nook and cranny of the forgotten jungle gym. She ran over to the large metal slide and rested herself on the metal bar that rested above it. "I miss being able to act like a kid." Daehyun watched her with gentle eyes and he felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest.

"I have something I want to say." Daehyun said loudly, catching Sanha off guard.

"Okay...then say it." Sanha sat on the top of the slide with her knees pulled up to her chest. Daehyun waved for her to come down but Sanha shook her head and beckoned him to come to her. He chuckled before going to the bottom of the slide and slowly climbed his way up. On the whole way up Sanha and Daehyun never broke eye contact. When he reached the top their faces were only inches apart. Sanha thought her heart could be heard beating quickly so she took a deep breath to try and calm it. That didn't work because when she breathed back in Daehyun's  cologne filled her lungs.

Daehyun pulled his mask down and with half lidded eyes he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. Sanha closed her eyes and kissed him back as butterflies filled her stomach and threatened to lift her right off the ground. Daehyun kissed her more passionately as  his hand ran up her arm and rested on her neck and pulled her closer to him. Their kiss started off sweet and innocent, but it quickly caught fire and instantly turned into something more. Daehyun leaned forward making Sanha go onto her back. He hovered above her, their lips never parting.

"Sanha.." Daehyun pulled away and cupped her cheek in his hand. Seeing her like this, out of breath and eyes filled with love and lust, made Daehyun feel like he was on top of the world. "Sanha....I love you." The words came so effortlessly out of his mouth and they sounded so right. Daehyun looked to Sanha and waited for her answer. He wanted for any sign that she felt the same way.

-------------------------

~Please comment~