The letter goodbye

What My Heart Tells Me To Do

Sanha had to go the hospital now and the one standing by herself was Ilhoon. Not Daehyun or Eunkwang, but the sweet Ilhoon.  Her parents waited in the car as she finished packing her small suitcase with Ilhoon watching by her side. Tears silently fell down her face as she snapped the bag shut and felt her whole world close off around her. She lifted the bag off her bed and felt the wind get knocked out of her. As she gasped for air Ilhoon tightly held her hand patted her back which did nothing but comfort her. The more she wheezed and sputtered out little gasps of air, the more it felt like someone was punching her square in the chest. She finally felt the familiar copper tasting phlegm coming out of her lungs. She dropped the bag and raced to her bed side table and pulled tissues out to cover . Ilhoon tightly squeezed her hand as painful tears came down her face, he hated seeing this side of her when he fell in love with the strong Sanha that was now on her knees coughing out blood.

"Are you okay? do you need to me to get you anything?" He asked looking around the room for anything that might be of help right now. Sanha pointed towards an empty glass in her desk and motioned for a drink. Ilhoon grabbed the glass and shot off towards the kitchen and filled it with water before rushing back to Sanha who seemed to have finished coughing everything up. She took to water from him and chugged the whole thing back hoping to get rid of the disgusting taste in . "I'll grab your bag, come on." With one hand he lifted the bag off the ground and with his free hand he held it out for Sanha to take and she gently took his hand. It wasn't like holding Daehyun's hand. She didn't feel the butterflies or the sparks but instead felt the same feeling she had when she held her brothers hand as a child. She felt very safe and protected as he guided her down the main stairs and out to the awaiting car. "All of us will come visit you really soon." Ilhoon threw the bag into the trunk of the car and went to Sanha who was standing on the front lawn with her shoes off. He looked at her confused for a moment until with a teary smile she looked at him and giggled like an innocent child.

"I never really liked the feeling of grass in my toes but....it feels heavenly...." She sniffled and slowly slipped her flip flops back on. Ilhoon wrapped his index finger around hers and led her over to the car which was parked in front of his van that was waiting for him.

"You'll feel it again." He wanted to promise her that, but the more he talked the more her smile faded and became pained annoyance.  Sanha pulled a small, sealed pink envelope out of her back pocket and with a shaking hand she held it out for Ilhoon to take. In bold black letters Daehyun's name was scrawled across it. Ilhoon reluctantly took the envelope and with a silent nod, he promised to give it to him intact. She embraced him in a tight hug and Ilhoon thought his heart was going to explode. He had waited so long do hug her and it was under the totally wrong circumstances. The separated and with her head hung, Sanha went into the back seat of the car and drove off towards the hospital. Ilhoon kicked the gravel under his feet and with his hands shoved into his pocket he headed over to the van and jumped in. When his manager tried to ask a few questions about Sanha he could only give one word responses. If he talked anymore it was like he was admitting Sanha was deathly ill and would never get better. He didn't want to jinx it so he tried to talk as little as possible about it and tried to fall asleep. Before he fell asleep he asked the manager to take him to B.A.P's dorm because he had to drop something off for Sanha. Twenty minutes later Ilhoon was awaken by their manager in the parking garage of B.A.P's apartment building. He stepped out of the car and went over to the call box and punched in their apartment number. There was a minute of silence and just as Ilhoon was turning to leave a voice came over the intercom.

"Hello?" It was definitely Yongguk who could only have that deep of a voice. Ilhoon cleared his throat and asked for Daehyun while explaining that he had a letter from Sanha. "Sorry but he's out at a schedule.  You can come drop the letter off through." Yongguk buzzed him in and Ilhoon grabbed the door before it could lock again. With heavy feet Ilhoon headed to the elevator and walked up to B.A.P's door. He knocked lightly and Yongguk opened the door with sleep still in the corner of his eyes. with a goofy grin Yongguk ran his hand through his short hair and thanked him for dropping off the letter. Ilhoon said his good byes and headed back down stairs feeling a little better knowing that he had done something for Sanha that no one else could have. Yongguk brought the letter to the groups late night practice, but he kept it in his bag so Daehyun wouldn't be distracted throughout their run through of their dances. When they were in the van heading back home, Yongguk finally remembered the letter and handed it to Daehyun. "BtoB Ilhoon came by today and dropped this off for you. It's from Sanha apparently." Daehyun, who was at one point half asleep, practically leapt out of his seat and ripped the envelope open and pulled out a small pink and white card.

Dear Daehyun,

I'm so sorry about what happened with my brother last time! He was such a jerk and I apologise for the both of us. I would promise you another date but I'm sorry, that can't happen. I've been hiding it from you but I'm sick. really sick. I'll be in the hospital receiving treatment for a long time. I wish I could have seen you one last time before being locked away. But I want you to know I will continue watching and supporting B.A.P with a warm heart and open arms. I know you guys will be just as amazing as you are now. Your futures are so bright it's blinding. I hope to see you perform live day when I'm healthy again. I'm sorry for everything.

Love, Seo Sanha.

Daehyun read the card again before he noticed he had tears falling down his face. Youngjae gently pulled the card out of Daehyuns hand and held it out for everyone to read. Daehyun was in such a daze that nothing made sense to him right now. There was no way she could be sick. She was perfect in every way shape and form. There was no way she could be sick.

"BULL !" He yelled before repeatedly punching the back of Yongguk's chair. When he had enough of punching the seat, he back into his seat and pinched the bridge of his nose to hopefully stop the tears. As soon as Himchan finished reading the note he wrapped his arms around Daehyun and brought the younger member into a hug. He didn't understand how Daehyun felt at the moment, but he knew that the poor boy was heartbroken. Daehyun gripped onto his hyungs shirt and silently cried for the rest of the car ride home. He needed Yongguk and Himchan to guide him back to the apartment because his eyes were so red and swollen that the world was a blur to him. He wanted to see her again. He wanted to touch her skin one more time. This couldn't be the end of them. He was determined to see her again no matter what it took.

------------------------------

~Please comment~