REVIEW

What My Heart Tells Me To Do

What My Heart Tells Me To Do - AnnPark (Review)

 

- Title 2/5

Was the title interesting? Did it match the story? Was it eye-catching and original?

I feel like the title was irrelevant towards the story itself. The title seems common, too.

- Description/Foreword 7.5/15

Was the description and foreword interesting? Did it persuade the reader to read more?

In my opinion, there was too much information that was given. It was practically a given that Seo Sanha ends up with a sickness or something that prevents her from getting together with the love interest, which is Daehyun.

- Character Development/Showcasing 10/20

Were the character’s personalities properly introduced to the reader? Did the characters gradually develop their personalities over time?

I didn’t completely understand Sanha’s personality because I felt like it kept changing. Their personalities were a bit rushed, like Daehyun’s attraction towards Sanha.

- Appearance 2.5/5

Did the poster and background match the story? Was the formatting of the paragraphs and font properly done? Was it easy for the reader to read the font or story?

Sometimes, I felt like the paragraphs were too long. I often got distracted and had to find where I left off. The font was perfectly fine and it was easy for the reader to read. I could’ve sworn I saw a poster but now I don’t. Every story needs a poster, even if it’s a one-shot. It’s the first impression of the reader so it’s very important :)

-Originality 9/20

Was the plot uncommon and creative? Was it original and unpredictable? Did it keep the reader on the edge?

I’ve read this kind of story all throughout AFF. The two main characters are attracted to each other but they can’t really be together because one of them is ill. It’s relevant to Big Bang’s Haru Haru, if you know what happens in the video. The girl pushes G-Dragon away by pretending to go out with TOP because she has some sort of illness and she ends up dying. In this case, there’s a happy ending where the girl survives, tries to push the guy away because she doesn’t want it to affect his famous career, and they end up together. I kind of predicted it.

- Flow 2.5/5

Did the story flow nicely? Was the story written in a choppy way? Did the story make sense? Was it rushed?

I feel like it was a bit rushed. Daehyun bumped into her twice and suddenly, he’s interested in finding out her number. Also, Ilhoon’s in a one-sided love with her but what I don’t get it that he was the one who had given Sanha’s number to Daehyun. I didn’t understand parts of the story and I often had to re-read some paragraphs. However, I liked how you foreshadowed Sanha’s sickness, although it was a bit too much at times.

- Grammar/Spelling 20/25

Were there grammar errors such as commas, misspelled words, improper word usage, etc.?

There were a few grammar and spelling errors. Just check over your work for the spelling and that should be easily fixed. As for the grammar problems, stories are usually written in a past narrative. For example, in the beginning of your second chapter, you wrote, “Three days later Daehyun is sent to the grocery store...”

It should be, “Three days later Daehyun was sent to the grocery store...”

Minor problems like that are also fixable.

- Extra 1.5/5

My overall impression of the story/extra comments

I feel like the story was very common because I’ve read a handful of stories that had the same plot but I like how detailed some parts were.

Score: 55/100

Author's Note:

Sorry if you feel bad about getting a new grade. I'm just really strict. I'm usually not lenient about grading stories unless you ask for an easy review. I hope it's okay! Don't forget to credit me! :) Thanks for requesting so much!

Review by: CAMTHEKPOPFREAK

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/224740/59/camthekpopfreak-request-shop-busy-still-accepting-requests-graphics-kpop-poster-request-review-trailers