Midnight Phonecalls

What My Heart Tells Me To Do

Three days later Daehyun is sent to the grocery store to pick up some food for B.A.P and their managers to eat back at their dorm. As he stood at the cash register paying for the two large bags of food, he reached into his jacket pocket and felt a piece of paper. When he pulled it out he remembered that it was Sanha's number. Thinking about her again Daehyun is haunted by her beauty that was stuck in his mind this whole time. He looked at his watch and saw that it was midnight and wondered if she would be awake or not. Grabbing the bags he headed outside and stopped at the first pay phone he found. Paying with the left over money Daehyun listened to the endless ringing. He never expected her to answer and was more than willing to just leave a message, but she picked up suddenly.

"Hello?" Her voice was clear and chipper but it seemed as if she were whispering. Daehyun stood there, wide eyed, wondering what to say. "Hello? Is anyone there?" He started freaking out and tried to say something but his mind was blank. "If you don't answer I'm going to hang up." Now she sounded annoyed and Daehyun couldn't pass up the chance to talk to her.

"Hey Sanha.....................it's me.....Jung Daehyun......" There was a moment of silence. Did she hang up? Did she forget who he was? Or worse, did she think he was a creep for suddenly calling her in the middle of the night?

"Ah! B.A.P Jung Daehyun right?"  Hearing her say his name reassured his fluttering heart. He let out a large sigh and chuckled. No words seemed to describe how happy he was knowing that she knew his name and remembered him.  "Hey......I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything but how did you get my number?"

"Don't get mad or anything but Ilhoon gave it to me." Daehyun rubbed the back of his head and looked around him. Teenage girls walked right past him without recognising who he was. He was grateful for the darkness surrounding him. It was the only time he could act like the real him without being stared at or judged.

"I'm not mad!" Sanha tried not to sound like an absolute fan girl, but how could she not was Daehyun from B.A.P was calling her in the middle of the night. She was thankful that for once she didn't listen to her parents and stayed up to browse the internet. Sanha would never admit it but she was listening to B.A.P right before he called which was why it took her so long to answer. "So what's up?" She asked trying to sound like a normal human but she felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest.

"Nothing much, I just had some free time after buying groceries so I thought I would call you....truthfully I didn't think you'd still be awake." Daehyun chuckled and lightly kicked the groceries, thankful that he lost rock-paper-scissors for once.

"Well I shouldn't be since my curfew is eleven." Sanha started fidgeting with her  blanket and pulling at it. She didn't know why but it suddenly felt like sandpaper against her skin. She kicked it to the ground and was sitting on her bed with her knees pulled up to her chest.

"What a rebel. Next thing we know you're going to join a gang."

"And get a ridiculous tattoo across my chest that says 'Seoul thugs 4 lyfe." The two burst out laughing and Sanha heard one of her parents walking down the hall towards her room. "My parents are coming.......Hold on a second." Sanha quickly turned the lamp off and threw the blanket on top of her. She pretended to be asleep as her father peeked into her room.

"Ohhhh what a rebel~ Don't let them catch you talking to a strange boy at night. For all you know I could kick puppies for fun." Sanha wanted to burst out laughing at what Daehyun was saying. He could hear her holding back her laughter and he smiled brightly knowing that he could make her happy.

"Oh thank God he's gone." Sanha said as she sat in the dark afraid that if she turned her light back on it would only bring her father back.

"You're welcome." Daehyun hit his head against the side of the phone booth because of how weird he was acting. He never acted like this around someone he barely knew. Only the B.A.P members knew how weird he was and now he was letting some strange girl see him for the first time. It was a little scary.

"Oh how modest." Sanha started playing with her hair, something she only did when she was truly nervous. Why was she acting this way? It's not like Daehyun is standing in front of her. It's just a phone call. She tried to bring herself back to earth but nothing seemed to work.

"I know. Anyways I better go, Zelo will be angry if his ice cream melts by the time I get back to the dorm." Sanha laughed and agreed when really she didn't want to stop talking to him. She had never been very good at getting close to people because of her weird sense of humor and her lack of human contact when she was a child, but talking to Daehyun seemed to natural to her. "So is...uh...is it alright if...I...you know...call you again?" Daehyun shifted his weight from one foot to another. He rubbed his sweaty palms against his pants and hoped that Sanha would say they could.

"No." Daehyun stood there shocked. Was talking to him really that bad? He couldn't speak and instead let out a few weird noises that he never knew he could make. Suddenly Sanha started laughing and told him to calm down. "Of course you can call me again dummy. You're Jung Daehyun after all." He froze. Ah. So she only talked to him like this because he's B.A.P's Daehyun.

"Yeah well it must be exciting to talk to a member of B.A.P." He was a bit sour in the way he talked and Sanha started to panic. She didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

"I guess but I like talking to you, not Daehyun the main vocals of B.A.P. You're way cuter than him." She couldn't believe the words that came out of . She smacked the back of her head off her head board and stopped herself from cussing. Daehyun chuckled and could feel his face burning. He liked knowing that she saw him as a human, not an idol.

"Thank you....anyways I better head back to the dorm. Night Sanha." Daehyun picked up the two bags in his hand and waited for her to say something.

"Good night Daehyun. Talk to you later~" They both finally hung up and Daehyun raised his fist in the air like a cheesy eighties American move. He ran back to the dorm so no one would notice he was gone for so long. Sanha stared at her phone and wondered how she was every going to fall asleep with her heart beating so fast.

---------------

~Please comment~