Late night meeting

What My Heart Tells Me To Do

Sanha sat on her bed looking down at the picture of BtoB, wondering what it was like to smile. It had been so long since she had smiled that she forgot what it was like to be happy. It seemed is if no matter what she did, she would end up hurting someone. If she became a couple with Daehyun it could ruin his career, ruin her relationship with her brother and break Daehuns heart if she were to die. On the other hand if she told Daehyun to go away she would be alone and resent her brother for denying her the most beautiful thing on the face of the planet, first love. Nurses and doctors came and went all the while Sanha did not mutter a word. No protest in upping the treatment sessions, no crying as long needs were stabbed into her back and no complaining as she had to eat and drink disgusting medicine that made her organs show up brighter in x-rays. Silence was the only way she could figure out what to do. She hated this. Before getting sick Sanha would have watched her brothers group perform like the super stars they were. She would have ran head first into her first love and not looked back. But now all she could worry about was the present. The future was unknown to her. After another coughing fit in the bathroom, Sanha came waddling out into the hallway gargling mouth wash to get rid of the all too common taste of blood in the back of . As she sat on the edge of the bed taking a deep breath and shivering at the strong mint flavour in , a large group of doctors came in the room. Two she recognised as the regular doctors who look after her, but the three other men were strangers to her. Behind them walked in her parents with pale faces and red eyes.

"Miss Seo Sanha,  we have some good news and some bad news." Her doctor said as he flipped through some papers on the clip board that he held in his hands. Sanha just looked at him with her blank expression. There was no such thing as good news anymore. It was just news that her pathetic excuse of a life would dragged out for more days of suffering. "The cancer in your lungs doesn't seem to be spreading to any other part of your body due to the radiation treatments. Since it is in one centralized we can perform surgery and remove the cancer from your body. That's the good news. The bad news is that that cancer has latched itself onto the lining of your lungs making the surgery quiet dangerous." Her doctor looked to the other three men who gave a reassuring nod to her parents. Sanha now knew why they looked like they had gotten hit by a truck. "The surgery has about a sixty percent success rate. That is fairly high but most of the cases before you had smaller forms of the cancer." He pulled out an x-ray of what Sanha assumed were her lungs. Her right lung was invisible in the x-ray but her left lung had a baseball sized white patch. That was her cancer. She was staring right at it. That what blob had destroyed any chances of her being a happy teenager. "As you can see the cancerous cells are quite large in size so the success rates for your case drops to about forty five percent." Ah. Below half. That was what Sanha was waiting for. Hearing that she had a baseball in her lung wasn't the bad part. Hearing that she has worse chances having the surgery and living than some guy on the side of the street flipping a coin and getting heads or tails was the bad news. Sanha's mother started crying again as she came and hugged Sanha tightly. She wanted to cry with her mom but there was something about it that didn't surprise Sanha. It was hard to describe the feeling of having cancer to other people. The best way of describing the feeling of knowing something was terribly wrong was to compare it to the feeling of knowing you're getting sick. The voice in the back of your head telling you that something was off. Something wasn't right. For days Sanha had been hearing it and for a doctor to confirm her own feelings was a little comforting. Now she knew she was only cancerous and not cancerous and paranoid. Hours later when her parents finally left after signing Sanha's life away to the surgeons, Sanha was left alone again. She didn't want to be alone. She wanted to be beside someone. Anyone. Sanha snuck out of her room and crawled along the floor to the nurses desk on the other side of the hall. It sounded childish but Sanha liked feeling like James Bond. She climbed under the desk and pulled the phone under with her so no one would see her. She dialed an all too familiar number and waited for someone to answer.

"Hello?" A high pitched voice answered as rowdy people could be heard in the background. Sanha could feel the edges of slowly turning into a smile.

"Zelo...it's Sanha. Is Daehyun there?" Sanha clung onto the phone for dear life. Zelo on the other end of the phone almost dropped dead from surprise. Daehyun had told them what was going on with Sanha, and to hear from her was the greatest shock of his young life.

"Just a second~ Daehyun hyung..." Zelo called but Daehyun was too busy fighting with Jongup over the last granola bar. "Daehyun hyung..." Zelo called again but still Daehyun ignored him. "DAEHYUN HYUNG! SANHA NOONA IS ON THE PHONE!" Zelo finally snapped, tired of his hyung being a -head. Daehyun shoved the granola bar into Jongup's face and lunged at the phone. He ripped it out of Zelo's hand and curled up into a little ball against the wall.

"Sanha? Sanha what's wrong? Is everything okay?" Daehyun had been preparing himself for days to hear from Sanha. He practiced sounding cool and calm, all of that practice went to waste the second he touched the phone. Sanha giggled and poked her head above the desk to see if any of the nurses were coming.

"I'm......fine. I just want to get out of here for a while. Can we meet up?" Sanha felt like the phone was going to break because she was holding onto it so tightly. She waited for what seem like eternity for a reply.

"Yeah, sure. I'll grab a taxi and head down there." Daehyun ran around the apartment with the phone pressed against his ear. His friends watched as Daehyun grabbed a back pack and started to throw random things in it like his wallet, a note book and headphones.

"Thank you so much. I'll be waiting outside." With that Sanha hung up and barrel rolled back into her room just as the familiar sound of footsteps came around the corner. Sanha pulled the suit case from under her bed and looked through all of her clothes that she packed. For some reason she didn't think about packing any cute, last minute, rendezvous clothing. Using what she had, Sanha threw on a navy tee-shirt and plain jean shorts. Looking outside she decided to put on a large pink cardigan and a white beanie to hide her thinning hair. Half an hour later Sanha stepped outside to see a taxi sitting there waiting for her. Daehyun was leaning against the taxi with his arms folded against his chest. When he spotted Sanha standing there a large smile spread across his face. Sanha jogged towards him with a huge smile on her face. Oh yeah. Sanha remembered what it was like to be happy again. Daehyun opened his arms and Sanha ran into his arms and pressed her face against his strong chest. He wrapped his arms around her tiny frame and held in her a tight embrace. After they felt they had hugged enough Daehyun gently led her into the back of the taxi before sliding in beside her and heading out on their light night adventure.

-----------------------------------------

~Please comment~

I am SO SORRY about not updating *slaps myself*

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Here...enjoy Daehyun's smile :D