Chapter 5

Exoergic

Lay woke up to the sun in his face. He sat up and stretched before slipping out of bed and heading for the bathroom. As he used the bathroom and brushed his teeth, he thought about Wufan. He’s probably still sleeping. Or attempting to get out of bed.

 

Lay chuckled. Wufan was a horrible morning person. It took something extreme to wake him up.

With a smile on his face, Lay went to the little kitchen in his hotel suite and peeked inside the refrigerator. Whatever, I’ll just order room service.

He ordered a fruit salad along with a chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes with bacon and eggs on the side. He got dressed in a simple pair of black dress pants and a dark blue button down shirt while he waited for his food to arrive.

There was a knock on the door 2 seconds after Lay finished fixing his hair. He smirked as he walked to the door, his smirk changing into a smile that he knew melted hearts. The maid at the door started blushing and muttering.

Lay smiled as he took the cart from her, thanking her before closing the door in her face.

He pushed the cart to the balcony, planning to eat out in the sun when he saw a familiar looking manila folder, sitting on the sofa, looking as if it were waiting for him to bring it a cup of tea. He snatched it up and continued his walk to the balcony.

On the balcony, he enjoyed his breakfast while reading over his folder, which was thicker than usual. After seeing his next mission of protecting someone’s kid, which surprisingly didn’t require him flying to another country, he noticed a piece of paper that wasn’t in Chinese like the others. It was in Latin.

He scanned the document, looking for key-words.

Anti-spies… traitor in the organization…. Well-trained… change phone numbers… lay low… spies in twos… be safe… report any and all suspicious activity… get rid of vehicles… incognito for at least 2 months..

Lay sat back in his seat once he finished reading. “Huh… I wonder what Wufan will think when I tell him I won’t be back for a while… Will he miss me?”

His phone vibrated. If Lay wasn’t a grown man and a spy, he would have crossed his fingers and prayed that it was Wufan. But he was so he pulled his phone out of his pants’ pocket and checked it. It was Luhan.

“Yeah?”

“Hey do you know everything yet?”

“If by everything, you mean how you and Sehun ed in the parking lot of that Chinese restaurant, then yes.”

Luhan sighed in frustration, “LAY!”

Lay chuckled, “I’m sorry. Yes I know about our little fans. By chance, do you know who I’m being paired with?”

It was quiet for a few seconds, which meant Luhan was thinking. “Well I know all the couples got paired together... Which means you and Kris are the only ones who aren’t paired.”

Ahh, I finally get to meet the other top spy.

Lay nodded, “Ahh ok. That must mean he’s coming to me then. I’m not supposed to leave the country.”

Luhan hummed in agreement, “Yeah I think you’re the only one who doesn’t have to go anywhere.”

Lay sighed, “Ok well let me get my stuff ready. I guess I’ll be meeting Kris at the hotel.”

“Yeah, you should probably leave early. You need to get rid of your phone ASAP.”

“Oh . I forgot. Ok talk to you later.” “Bye.”

Lay hung up the phone, heading back inside to pack up. When he managed to put all the stuff back into the 2 suitcases, he grabbed the bag with the t-shirts and plushy in it and stuffed that into a suitcase, on top. Maybe he could send the gifts to Wufan after he got settled at the other hotel.

Lay walked out of the hotel, sending a smile at the man behind the counter who nodded back. He walked to the curb and raised his arm in the air. A taxi slammed on brakes and slid up the curb.

Lay grinned, “Hello! I need a ride to the Monarch Skyline International Hotel.”

The taxi driver, a dark-skinned man in his 40s, nodded, and spoke in English with a thick accent, “Yes, yes! I know the place. It is 30 to 45 minutes away.”

Lay nodded and placed his bags in the trunk before sliding into the backseat. He switched to Taiwanese to make the man more comfortable, pretending to know just the basics of the language, “I’m sorry but my Taiwanese is not very good. Is there… phone… place.. close?”

The man chuckled and responded in English, “Your Taiwanese is decent. I will stop by a phone store on the way, ok?”

Lay grinned. “Thank you, sir.”

That was the end of the conversation and the ride to the phone store was silent. The man got out and opened the door for Lay before walking to a trashcan and lighting a cigarette. Lay smiled and nodded at him in thanks before heading into the store.

It took 20 minutes for Lay to sell his phone to the company and another 15 minutes for him to pick out a new one and get it activated. Once everything was settled, he walked back out to the taxi. The man had gotten back in the driver’s seat and looked back to make sure it was the same person getting in.

Lay put his new phone in his pocket, “Thank you sir. Helped… a lot.”

The man chuckled and waved his hand, “No problem! You seem like a good kid.”

The ride to the hotel was just as uneventful as the one to the phone store. He got out nd took his suitcases from the man. Lay paid him an extra 40 bucks because he deserved it and walked into the hotel.

Of course Lay, being the unobservant guy he is, runs right into someone as soon as he steps through the door. His suitcases fell to the ground and he gasped, taking in the familiar scent.

Since his eyes were closed, Lay just nestled into the broad chest, wrapping his arms around the familiar waist. He buried his nose in that chest and breathed in, a smile coming to his lips.

A voice spoke out in Arabic, “What are you doing?”

Lay’s eyes sprang open and he tripped over his suitcases backing up to see if it was the right person.

Wufan stood there with a smirk on his face and amusement in his eyes.

Lay huffed and crossed his arms, his cheeks turning bright pink, “I missed you ok! And you smelled so familiar I forgot where I was for a minute.”

Wufan laughed, “It’s ok. I missed you too Yixing.”

Yixing stepped forward and hugged him again. Wufan bit his tongue to keep the eating grin off his face as he hugged Yixing back. They stood like that for a minute before Wufan cleared his throat and removed his arms.

“What are you doing here, Xing?”

Yixing reluctantly stepped back and picked up his suitcases, “Oh, hum. Well I was here when I went on that trip, and I decided to come to this hotel. The reviews for this place are really nice. Why are you here?”

Wufan scratched the back of his neck, “Well apparently, I’m supposed be protect someone for some event for a while.”

Yixing nodded, remembering that Wufan worked as a body-guard. Yixing smiled, “Ok well I should probably get going. Hopefully, we can meet up later or something.”

Wufan smiled at him, “Definitely. See you later.”

They both headed to the desk on the far side of the room. Wufan stepped up to talk to an older woman while Yixing went to the other side of the desk and chatted with a young man.

They both received their keys at the same time and looked at the other, smiling when their eyes met. Yixing walked quicker to catch up with Wufan as they walked to the elevator area.

Instead of riding the elevator with Yixing, Wufan took the stairs all the way to the 5th floor. Yixing got to his room first, room 523, wondering which room Wufan was in.

Not 2 seconds after Yixing’s door closed, Wufan walked out of the stairwell and walked to room 525, wondering which floor Yixing was on.

They both secured a suitcase, full of weapons and gadgets and other things that were most likely illegal in a few countries, away. Lay cut a hole into his large closet’s wall and hid his there while Kris cut the stuffing out of one of the large couch cushions and hid his there.

Once they finished hiding their weapons, they both plopped down, wondering what the other was doing. Wufan got up first. He forgot to give Yixing his new number! He grabbed his room key and his phone and headed out of his room, turning towards his right and walking right past Yixing’s room.

He made it a few steps before Yixing’s door opened and his head peeked out.

“Fan?”

Kris never turned around as fast as he did at that second. “Xing?”

He could see Yixing’s eyes, crinkling at the corners, which meant he was laughing. Most likely at Wufan.

Yixing stepped out, “You missed me so much that you decided to search every floor for me?”

Wufan knew he was joking but his cheeks still flushed. That was his plan in the beginning. He chuckled awkwardly, “Well actually I’m right next door to you…”

Yixing’s eyes lit up, “Really?! That’s so cool! Sleepover!”

Wufan laughed. Leave it to Yixing to be such a kid. “Sure, I have an important dinner at 7:30 but I’ll definitely meet up with you later.”

Yixing nodded, pouting. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with Wufan. “Yeah, sure. Oh hey! I had to get a new phone, let me give you my new number!”

Wufan’s right eyebrow raised, “You too? I decided to upgrade and got a new number too.”

Yixing chuckled, “Don’t worry, I’m not trying to be like you. I dropped mine off a train.”

Wufan smirked. Yixing would be the one to hang out of a moving train window and try to snap a picture with his phone. And drop it.

He walked back to Yixing’s door, “Ok, give me your number.”

They exchanged numbers and Wufan headed back to his room. Once he got in, he lay back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, a dazed smile on his face. He checked his watch, 5:45 PM.

Just enough time to get ready for that dinner at 8. He got up and headed into the bathroom, ready to take a nice hot shower and recharge for the meeting that was surely going to be a pain in the .

Less than 6 meters away, Yixing was lying across his bed thinking about his next door neighbor. What a coincidence that they’re not only in the same country but they’re in the same hotel, and neighbors at that! Someone up there must have loved Yixing. He checked his watch. 5:46 PM. He didn’t feel like showering. He also didn’t feel like watching TV. He grabbed the manila folder and began reading over it again.

Ooh, dinner at 8 to meet clients. Hmm Kris should be there right?

His thoughts went back to Wufan. His dinner was at 7:30… Maybe… Nah, they couldn’t be.

Yixing looked up, contemplating the idea of Kris being Wufan. Kris was a top spy in their organization. Wufan was the clumsy guy who only left his apartment when he had a job, which wasn’t as often as Lay’s. Kris was supposedly the best assassin with a gun. Wufan couldn’t kill a spider. Kris sounded fierce and ruthless, almost like a machine. Wufan was sweet and funny and charming and clumsy.

Nah, they’re definitely not the same person.

He continued to read over the information until he got bored. Then he remembered the plushy he got for Wufan. He could go over to Wufan’s room and hang out with him until he had to go. That sounded like a great idea.

Yixing snatched up the bag and headed over to Wufan’s room. 2 seconds later, when he was standing in front of the door with his hand poised to knock, he suddenly got nervous. What if Wufan didn’t like it? What if he thought Yixing was weird for the couple shirts? What if he got offended by the angry bird?

Before Yixing could chicken out, he knocked on the door and held his breath. After a few seconds he started panicking again. What if Wufan was tired of him being so clingy? What if he was sick of Yixing following him around and always asking to hang out?

His doubts were cut short when the door opened. To reveal a wet Wufan. In nothing but a towel.

Yixing couldn’t stop his eyes from traveling down his body. Wufan was . Wufan was wet.

Wufan was staring at him like he was a ert. Yixing quickly looked up and locked eyes with a very amused Wufan.

Wufan quirked an eyebrow, “Yes?”

Yixing gulped, “I-I-I I brought you this.” He shoved the back towards Wufan and lowered his head. Maybe if he avoided eye-contact, the awkwardness would go away.

Wufan looked at the bag then back at Yixing’s blushing face. He chuckled, Xing was so cute!

He cleared his throat and took the bag from Yixing. He glanced back up at Yixing and turned around, heading back into his room. He left the door open in hopes that Yixing would come in. Yixing didn’t let him down. He slipped into the room and shut the door with a soft ‘click

Yixing sat down on the bed while Wufan went through his closet, trying to find something suitable to wear. He pulled out a black suit and a light grey suit. “Which one?”

Yixing looked over both suits before nodding to the light grey. “That one. With a red tie.”

Wufan nodded and put the black suit back before tossing the light grey suit on the bed. He crossed the room to the dresser and slipped on a pair of boxers under the towel. The entire walk across the room was torture for Yixing, who couldn’t take his eyes off of Wufan’s back.

Wufan dried himself off and tossed the towel on the floor in the bathroom, watching Yixing in his peripheral vision. He enjoyed leaving Yixing speechless. He looked so adorable sitting on the bed with a flushed face and his mouth hanging open.

Wufan chuckled and headed back to the bed, reaching for the pants. Yixing snapped out of his daze and closed his mouth with a snap. He grabbed the bag and dug out the shirts and plushy, just to busy himself instead of staring Wufan down.

When Wufan had his pants and shirt on, Yixing got up and grabbed his dark red tie from the closet. He wrapped it around Wufan’s neck and started tying it for him.

Wufan breathed in Yixing’s scent, fruity (if Wufan had to label it, he’d say tangerine) with a hint of peppermint. That scent always brought a smile to his face. It was comforting.

Yixing was smiling, happy to be so close to Wufan. He smelled like pine with a hint of spice. Yixing could never get enough of Wufan’s scent. When he finished the tie, he took one last deep breath and stepped back, staring up at Wufan.

Wufan stared back at him and their faces were subconsciously getting closer and closer and Ying could see his reflection in Wufan’s eyes and Wufan could feel Yixing’s breath hitting his mouth.

They were so close and of course because they were about to have a moment, someone’s phone went off. Yixing flinched back, almost as if he had just woken up from a dream. It took everything in Wufan not to growl and throw his phone into the wall.

He checked his watch. “, it’s 7:00. Look, Xing I need to go pick up my date. I’ll see you after the dinner, ok?”

Wufan grabbed his jacket and headed out of the room, grabbing his room key and waving at Yixing. Yixing stood in the middle of the room, at a loss.

D-d-DATE?!?! 

 

 

A/N: Ok here it is! They met, kind-of sort-of. I'm sorry, I'm not too happy with this chapter but I'm still proud of it, you know? Anywho, here's that link to that blog http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/338689 feel free to add me as a friend! This was 2750 words because I couldn't seem to find a good stopping point. The next chapter will take a few hours because I literally just finished writing this part before adding it. PLEASE TALK TO ME! Tell me what you like, what you don't like, how you feel, how your day went , guys please comment because I really don't want to throw something out and have everyone hate me for it. Anyway, hope you guys like the chapter, I HAVE 29 SUBSCRIBERS DEAR LORD AUSADHAIDABNSDF;OCFN 

This hasn't been edited, because like I said I literally just finished typing it up. If you find a mistake anywhere, feel free to tell me and I'll fix it as soon as I can. This note get is getting disgustingly long so I'll end it here. I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

Much love muchachos isn't that such a great catch phrase?