Chapter 12

Exoergic

 

Kris walked into his room with a small smile on his face. He walked straight to his closet and started looking through his clothes. He picked black slacks and a dark blue button up shirt with a side pocket.

He quickly got dressed and put some black socks on before walking to the couch and pulling his large suitcase out of the couch cushion. He set it down on the long table in front of the couch.

After turning the dials to the correct numbers 6 3 5 2 8, he opened the case and looked at his toys.

A few grenades, a hand-sized device that scrambled security cameras and frequencies, a few pebble-sized bombs that went off after 5 minutes, a pen that was actually a hi-tech drill, another pen that was really a laser, and a tablet that the agency had given him that would hack into any program or network without him having to do anything. A little square touch-screen tablet that had all of his superiors numbers programmed into it and could also be used as a tracking device and security hacker.

His suitcase was similar to Lay’s as it had 3 layers. The second layer however contained a TMP, a PP2000, a Glock 22, a Taurus 709, a Charter Arms Target, and a Smith & Wesson. The third layer held the parts of 5 guns: a Grad Assault Rifle, a Tar-21, a Kalashnikov AK-12, a Bravo Squad Assault Rifle, and an M4 Carbine.

He checked to make sure everything was in the correct place before picking his weapons. He grabbed the Glock 22 and it’s holster and put it on his right hip. He also grabbed a few bomb-pebbles and the drill-pen and put them in his pockets. He also took the dart-gun/cigarette-carton and reloaded it before slipping it into his pocket with the pebbles. He slipped the palm-sized tablet onto its holster and wrapped it around his thigh, securing it. When he felt it was secure, Kris put the suitcase back in its hiding spot in the couch. He sat down on top of the suitcase and put his shoes on. 

As soon as he was done checking his reflection in the bathroom, he heard a knock on the door. He pecked Lay on the lips before backing up and letting him in.

Lay was admiring Kris’ outfit as he walked around grabbing things he would need.

Lay looked around the room, “So where is it?”

“Where’s what?”

“Don’t play dumb with me.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I‘ll show you mine if you show me yours.” Lay smirked.

“Huh?”

“Panel in the back closet wall.”

It was silent for a few seconds.

“Couch cushion.”

Lay chuckled. He knew Kris would end up telling him. He eyed the couch. That was an interesting spot though, very clever.

Kris grabbed his wallet, phone, and room key before looking at Lay and nodding “Ready?”

Lay smiled as he stood up from the couch, “Yep!”

They headed out of the room and down the hall to the elevator. As they waited for the elevator, Kris looked over Lay, wondering where he hid his weapons. The ding announced the arrival of the elevator and they got on, nodding politely at a family of 3. As they rode down to the lobby, Lay was scanning Kris, wondering which weapons he had and where they were.

Once they got to the lobby, Lay followed Kris to the front desk where he asked for the keys to the black Lincoln that he’d used the day before.

If Lay was honest with himself, he absolutely loved this side of Wufan. Kris was confident, borderline arrogant. Wufan was confident but it was a calm confident, he didn’t flaunt his perfect. Kris on the other hand seemed to subconsciously rub his perfection in everyone’s faces. Kris was demanding and in control while Wufan only spoke to be the voice of reason. While Wufan was soft and warm, Kris was rigid and cold. Lay loved it.

Kris took the key from the concierge and led Lay out of the hotel and towards the parking garage.

As they walked to the car’s parking space, Lay broke the comfortable silence.

“I like Kris. A lot.”

An outsider would have probably thought he was crazy but Kris knew exactly what he was talking about.

Lay sensed his unease and continued, “but I still love Wufan more.”

That brought a smile to Kris’ face. As they got in the car, Kris teased Lay, “I’d say the same but I haven’t actually met Lay yet.”

Lay shook his head as he chuckled, “Well let’s hope you won’t have to meet him any time soon.” 

That was the end of the conversation and Kris drove back to the Wacik residence. Neither of them spoke during the 30 minute drive. 

 

A/N: I know this is short and I'm sorry. I also want to apologize for trolling because I went through and changed a few things (nothing big so you don't have to go back and read it -unless you want to but i doubt you'll notice the differences-) I changed a few things in the first few chapters and I'll probably go through and change some in the next few so sorry in advanced for that...

Hope you guys like these updates do you guys even read these notes? Anyways, I want to apologize for not updating quicker and for the short chapters. My head has been hurting for a few days so instead of just typing up the chapter, I've had to write it down and then type it up because the computer brightness has been killing me. It hasn't been hurting for a few hours so hopefully it went away. I'll post the next chapter in a few hours

Much love muchachos <3