Chapter 14

Exoergic

 

The entire drive back to the hotel consisted of Lay looking out the window and Kris glancing at him every 3 seconds. Kris couldn’t help it. He had always been intrigued by technology and the fact that he was dating the world’s best hacker was enough to get his heart beating faster.

He took deep breaths and forced himself to calm down as he drove to the hotel. Finally, he parked the car and quickly got out, running around the front of the car to open Lay’s door and yank him out of his seat.

Kris quickly walked through the lobby holding Lay’s wrist. He tossed the car keys to the man behind the front desk as they zoomed past to the elevator. He punched the up button but decided it was taking too long so he walked to the stairwell. Kris ran up all 10 flights of stairs dragging Lay behind him.

By the time they got to the 5th floor, Kris was jogging to his room and Lay was still half jogging half-dragging his feet behind him, panting. Kris opened his door and shoved Lay inside.

Lay couldn’t finish catching his breath because Kris had slammed the door shut and was kissing him senseless. Lay kissed him back until he felt himself get dizzy. He shoved Kris away from him, panting even harder.

Kris moved forward again but Lay put his hands up is if to surrender.

“Ok, we need to establish this right now. This relationship is not purely .”

Kris smiled as he pulled Lay in for a hug, “I know. I just get hard thinking about you in action.”

Lay finally caught his breath, “We’re gonna have to work on that. Especially since we’ll be together for who knows how long.”

Kris nodded as he walked them over to his bed. They still had a lot to talk about.

Lay spoke first, “So why do you think nobody told us about each other?”

Kris thought for a second, “Well I’m guessing you never told Luhan and the guys that your real name was Yixing. They only know me as Kris.”

Lay nodded, “That makes sense. I never invited them over to my place, either. So that’s settled, what about the superiors?”

Kris’ eyes flashed as he thought back to the day Kyuhyun stopped by. His eyes widened when Kris mentioned Yixing.

“Well Kyuhyun came to my place for the first time a few days ago. I told him I knew a Yixing and he looked surprised. He was either surprised that we lived together or he was surprised that I found out we lived together.”

Lay blushed when Kris mentioned them living together, even though they really didn’t. He cleared his throat, “Well it would make sense if they never really thought about it. I mean, I gave them that address 5 years ago, when I first moved there. And I’m closer to Kibum and Hankyung than the others. They probably never thought anything of it when you changed addresses.”

Kris nodded, thinking. Something still wasn’t right. “What if someone didn’t want us to know we were living together? I mean someone higher than Yesung and Kyuhyun.”

Lay nodded too, “But why? Why wouldn’t they want the agency’s top 2 spies to know about each other? Something’s not right about this.”

Kris sighed, “I agree. We need to settle this. And soon. I have a bad feeling about it.”

Lay hummed in agreement. “Well, we have to figure out this anti-spy deal first. Are we the only ones paired up?”

Kris shook his head, “We were paired because all the couples were paired together.”

Lay wrinkled his nose. There was no telling what type of trouble Baekhyun and Chanyeol could get into in just a matter of minutes. He prayed they were being smart about this.

Kris chuckled as he saw Lay wrinkle his nose. “Well, since we’re basically sitting ducks, why don’t we have fun? As Wufan and Yixing.”

Lay’s face lit up, “really?! Let’s go on dates! We can go to movies and dinner! And we can walk around doing nothing but holding hands! And-”

Kris shut him up with a kiss. When he pulled away, he smiled, “Yes, Yixing, we can go on dates but don’t get too excited. We still have stalkers.”

Lay deflated, “But I already killed one.” Kris would classify that as a whine, but he wouldn’t tell Lay that. Instead he focused on what he said. Wait, Lay killed an anti-spy?!

“Wait, you’ve killed one?!”

Lay sighed and nodded telling Kris what happened and how the spy fought. He recited what the spy said.

We will end you. All of you. There is no escape from this. A new era is here and all you spies will be taken care of…”

“He kept repeating that phrase. It was creeping me out so I just fought him.”

Kris was listening with wide eyes. Lay had already killed an anti-spy. “Did you tell the superiors?”

Lay nodded, “Yeah, I told them on my way over here actually. They told me to ‘get to the other spy and keep an eye out for more’”

Kris nodded, “Yeah. Kangin showed us a scar. It looked like it was from bomb shrapnel. He said his guy wasn’t playing games. He didn’t spare anyone.”

Lay sighed and rested his head on Kris’ shoulder. “I still wanna go out tonight.”

Kris nodded again, smiling. “Of course, Xingie.”

Lay blushed as he heard his nickname. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a phone ringing. Lay’s phone rang first, and Kris’ rang a millisecond later. It was Sehun and Chanyeol.

They both picked up. “Hello?”

“What?”

Lay stood up and walked to the living room area while Kris walked to the window.

Sehun was speaking quickly. Lay finally made out “Are you and Kris together?”

“Yes. Why? What’s going on? Are you ok? Where’s Luhan? What happened?”

Sehun was rambling, “Me and Luhan were in Brazil when someone found us. there was like 15 of them, Lay. We managed to get them into a deserted area but they planted bombs and it was horrible. Blood. So much blood.”

Lay quickly spoke over Sehun, “Sehun, calm down. Take a deep breath. Ok now tell me where Luhan is.”

“He’s next to me. He got shot. We’re on our way to Taiwan now. I think Sudo are on their way there too. Lay, Luhan’s bleeding. It won’t stop no matter how much pressure we put on it.”

Sehun continued rambling about the explosion and the fight and how much blood was everywhere.

“Sehun. Sehun! SEHUN! Now is not the time to start freaking out. Is Luhan ok? Were you two able to get away? Are you two safe? How bad is his wound? Sehun! Talk to me!”

 Lay heard someone snatch the phone and his breath caught in his throat. This was not good.

It was Luhan. Luhan chuckled, “Lay, listen. I was shot in the leg. I’m fine. You know Sehun’s still not used to this stuff. We’re fine. They’re all dead and we’re on our way to the hotel to get our stuff so we can get to Taiwan.”

Lay wanted to cry with relief, “Are you coming here because we’re here or were you ordered?”

Luhan groaned, “Ouch, they told us we were all going to Taiwan. I think the 8 of us are going to be working together from now on.”

Lay nodded, “Ok. How bad is it?”

He could see Luhan shaking his head, “Not bad, I just pulled the bullet out. Once we get to the hotel, I’ll be able to patch it up properly.”

Lay breathed out, “Thank God, Lu. I was worried.”

Luhan chuckled, “I knew I shouldn’t have let Sehun call.”

Lay rolled his eyes, “Yeah, that newbie had me so scared!”

They both laughed softly. “Well, I’ll call when we get to Taiwan.”

Lay said his goodbyes but Luhan called his name before he pressed End.

“And Lay. They know where we all are. You and Kris seem to be the only ones who haven’t had any encounters yet. Be safe.”

With that, Luhan ended the call. Lay looked at his phone before sighing and putting it in his pocket. He looked over to see Kris still in deep conversation with Chanyeol.

Chan and Baek must have had trouble too. Lay wondered what Suho and DO were doing.

His phone rang again. This time, Suho was on the other end.

“What happened?”

Suho sighed, “20 of them. Australia. Bombs everywhere. We managed to get everyone out of the buildings in time but there were some injuries. No deaths thankfully. DO managed to take them all out from a rooftop. We’re on our way to Taiwan now.”

Lay sighed too, “Are you 2 safe? No injuries? Everything’s ok?”

“Yeah, we were planning on going to a different hotel tonight so we had all our stuff. Now we’re at the airport, waiting to board.”

Lay nodded, “Luhan and Sehun are also coming to Taiwan. Have you talked to the others?”

“Yeah, DO just got off the phone with Baek and I just got off the phone with Sehun. What about you guys? Are you and Kris ok?”

“We haven’t had any problems yet. But there will most likely be something going on tonight. You 2 stay safe and call me when you land in Taiwan.”

They ended the call and Lay looked back over to Kris, who seemed troubled. 

 

A/N: This was actually supposed to be 2 chapters because meanie author-nim was going to give you all a cliffhanger (can you guess where it would have been?) Hope you all are still interested because I haven't been getting many comments (although I am VERY happy for each and every commenter and subscriber)

Click me! <--- This is the prequel to Love is War. XD I hope you guys like it. I'm excited for it, honestly. I also have a few polls for you guys. The polls were acting stupid so just go to my blog (click me too!) to take them.

Much love muchachos <3