Chapter 34

Exoergic

Chanyeol walked out of the bathroom, rubbing his head with a towel. When he set the towel down and looked up, there was a figure sitting in the chair across from the bed.

It was a woman, and she was looking out of the window.

She turned around and locked eyes with a suspicious Chanyeol. Before he could say anything, she stood up and put her hands up in mock-surrender.

“I come with a peace offering.”

Chanyeol pictured a check-mark being written on a checklist as he nodded at the woman. He turned the light on to see her face clearly, instead of just her silhouette.

It was Oh Yeon Su, a member of their organization.

Chanyeol mentally visualized a trap slamming shut.

 

 

Baekhyun sat up and turned the lamp next to his bed before turning to face his intruder.

It was Han Ji Min, a member of their organization.

Baekhyun could hear a trap snap shut in his mind.

 

“So I’ve heard you’ve been having relationship troubles.”

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed as Yeon Su made herself comfortable in the chair facing him. Yeon Su crossed her right leg over her left and Chanyeol knew there was a knife somewhere along her leg which she would probably use if necessary.

Chanyeol walked over and sat in the chair opposite hers. He leaned back and watched her.

“You have this place bugged?”

On the surface, it would seem like a stupid question but they both knew he didn’t mean spyware for their organization.

Yeon Su smiled, she was going to play dumb, “You know that Chanyeol. We have eyes and ears everywhere. We know everything.

Lie. This anti-SM organization was just getting off the ground, there was no way they could be everywhere.

Chanyeol chuckled, which was really him just blowing air out of his nose, “Yeah, I guess you’re right. But what is this about a peace offering? You can’t offer me anything that’ll fix my relationship.”

Yeon Su’s smile looked extremely suspicious to Chanyeol, like she knew something he didn’t.

“Well, you’re right. Maybe I can’t help you with your love life but I can offer you an escape from it.”

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed again and Yeon Su quickly backtracked, “I didn’t mean a real escape. I meant… more of a vacation period.”

She mentally breathed a sigh of relief when his eyes widened to their normal size. Yeon Su cleared before continuing.

“I’m part of  another organization, Chanyeol. You might know them as the Anti-Spies.”

Chanyeol jumped up,  aiming his gun at her.

Yeon Su also stood up, her hands raised in surrender again, “I won’t harm you. I just want to give you a chance to start over.”

Chanyeol’s gun didn’t waver as he nodded towards the chair, “Sit. Tell me what you have to say.”

Yeon Su sat back down cautiously and re-crossed her legs, “We’ve started another organization, Chanyeol, one that could be even bigger and better than SM. We can become the world’s greatest underground intelligence group in history. All we have to do is get rid of our competition, the top spy agency in the world.”

Chanyeol lowered his gun, “What does that have to do with me?”

Yeon Su smiled again, “Well we need to make sure this company is down and stays down. But we can’t just outright kill everyone, can we?”

It made sense. Their reputation would be trashed if they just wiped out their competition. The only way to make sure SM was completely done was to be discreet about taking them out.

Chanyeol tilted his head to the side a little, “If you want to take them out, you’d start with the top spies. Why haven’t you killed me?”

Chanyeol was getting sick of seeing the woman smile. It took all of his willpower to not knock the smile off of her face with his gun.

“Why kill you when you could come over and work for us? With us?”

“I’m not even SM’s top spy. Why haven’t you gone to Kris? Or Lay?”

“You have so much potential, Chanyeol. You could grow and improve without the constraints of a team. There would be nobody to compare you to. You could be our agency’s best. We can help you improve your skills and teach you new skills.”

Chanyeol put his gun back in its holster without taking his eyes off the intruder.

“That seems like a ty deal. I come over to join your side and all you can offer me is more training?”

Yeon Su chuckled, “Of course that’s not all we’re offering. We’re offering higher pay, more down time between missions, and of course the benefits of having connections everywhere.”

“I have my own connections… But higher pay and longer vacation periods does sound quite nice.”

Yeon Su’s smile widened and Chanyeol still wanted to punch her in the face.

“Well… there’s a meeting tomorrow night if you’re really interested. Don’t worry, nobody will try anything if you come. The location is No.16, Sec.4, Fǔhòu Jiē. Meeting starts at 11. Don’t be late.”

And with that, Yeon Su quickly stood up and made her way to the door, letting herself out.

Chanyeol slumped in his chair, a large hand tiredly rubbing his face. Of course this anti-organization would have a meeting the night of the information drop.

Deciding to just not think about anything, Chanyeol changed into a pair of pajama pants and climbed into the bed. He fell into a dreamless sleep, thankful for the blank peace that his dreams offered.

 

Baekhyun stayed calm as he watched Ji Min make her way over to the bed.

She pulled the chair from the desk and set it in front of the bed, crossing her left leg over her right as she watched Baekhyun.

He was too tired to deal with anything else so Baekhyun slumped down on the bed and tiredly asked, “When and where?”

Ji Min didn’t try to hide her surprise. Surely, Baekhyun would put up a fight or at least ask questions. She brushed it aside, maybe the lover’s spat took more energy out of him than she thought.

“No.2-2, Ln. 27, Sec. 2, Déxīng Jiē tomorrow at 11.” She didn’t waste any time and stood up before walking to the window and opening it.

Before she climbed out she turned around to look at Baekhyun, “Byun. We can offer you so much. Including an escape.”

She slipped through the window and Baekhyun slowly stood up to close and lock it behind her, not even caring if she fell from the 5 story window.

Once he locked the window, Baekhyun made his way back to the bed, turning off the bedside lamp before crawling under the sheets and curling up into a small ball. He refused to cry even though his eyes were getting watery.

After a few minutes of heavy breathing, Baekhyun finally drifted into a fitful sleep. 

 

A/N: Ok I'm back. And today's my birthday so I'm trying to update all my stories for you guys! Thank you all so much for waiting for me and all the comments and i- anyway the next chapter will be both the info pick up for our 8 spies and then the 2 meetings from the anti-organization. 

The addresses probably don't exist since all I did was mix and match addresses. I hope you all like it because I have such a nice plot twist for you guys! 

Much love muchachos! <3

p.s. here's the blog again http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/338689