Chapter 35

Exoergic

 

The morning of the information pick-up, the first one to wake up was Kyungsoo.

When he opened his eyes, he smiled at Joonmyun’s sleeping face. Joonmyun looked so peaceful, it was almost as if he wasn’t the best long range shooter in the world.

Kyungsoo placed a soft kiss on Joonmyun’s chin before carefully slipping out of bed to take a shower. He brushed his teeth while waiting for the shower to warm up and quickly stepped under the stream of hot water.

2 minutes later, Suho shuffled into the bathroom to brush his teeth, “Morning, babe.”

“Good morning.”

Kyungsoo shivered when the curtain was pulled back so Joonmyun could step into the tub as well, a breeze of air sending the goosebumps rising on Kyungsoo’s skin.

The goosebumps went away when Joonmyun wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist.

Kyungsoo smiled as Joonmyun’s chin rested on his shoulder.

Mornings like this were always nice.

Joonmyun gently took the bottle of soap from Kyungsoo and began to lather Kyungsoo’s back, hands lovingly sliding up and down Kyungsoo’s backside.

When Joonmyun had covered the entire back, he turned Kyungsoo around to let the water wash away all the soap.

When Kyungsoo was facing Joonmyun, he captured his lips in a gentle kiss.

The kiss didn’t get very far because Kyungsoo pulled away before Joonmyun could even kiss back.

Joonmyun pouted when Kyungsoo pecked him again before Kyungsoo quickly slipped out of the shower, laughing as he dried himself off.

Joonmyun grumbled as he quickly scrubbed and rinsed himself before turning the shower off and stepping out. He grabbed the remaining towel and quickly dried off before going to find his lover.

Kyungsoo was in front of the little closet space, buttoning up a light blue shirt. Joonmyun couldn’t help the small smile that slid onto his face when he saw him.

They made eye contact, both smiling at each other before Kyungsoo launched clothes at Joonmyun’s head.

Joonmyun frowned as he caught the pants, watching the balled up shirt float to the ground gracefully only 3 feet from Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo his teeth as he shuffled forward to scoop up the shirt and try again.

Joonmyun chuckled when Kyungsoo’s efforts were a bust. The shirt didn’t seem to get farther than 10 inches from Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo his teeth again and snatched the shirt off the ground before stomping to Joonmyun and shoving the shirt into his chest.

Kyungsoo ignored the laughing Joonmyun, heading for the hidden weapons cases.

Joonmyun quickly got dressed before joining Kyungsoo at the wall, knowing that he needed certain guns and Kyungsoo couldn’t name any of the guns in either of their suitcases.

 

Luhan was woken up with kisses, courtesy of Sehun.

Sehun grinned as he saw Luhan’s eyeballs move even though he pretended to still be asleep. He placed one last kiss to his boyfriend’s nose before pulling away.

Luhan’s eyes opened to see Sehun smirking at him.

Luhan pouted, “Why’d you stop?”

“It’s time to get up.”

Sehun got out of the bed, ignoring Luhan’s whiny temper tantrum.

Luhan pouted as he watched his boyfriend walk into the bathroom and close the door. Flailing around, Luhan huffed and groaned. He really didn’t want to get out of bed.

He heard Sehun through the door, “Quit being such a baby, get your out of bed!”

Huffing, Luhan sat up and threw his legs over the edge of the bed, glaring at the door as he stretched.

Luhan stood up and stomped to the bathroom, childishly ignoring Sehun, who had begun to laugh at him in the shower. Luhan continued to ignore him as he brushed his teeth and used the bathroom, wishing the shower water ran cold when he flushed.

He continued to ignore his evil boyfriend as he slammed the bathroom door shut on his way out.

 

Kris woke up, thanks to a tuft of hair trying to invade his nose. Luckily, he pulled away in time or he would have sneezed in Lay’s hair. He yawned and slid out of the bed, heading for the bathroom.

Lay rolled over, subconsciously curling up in the warm spot Kris had just vacated.

When Kris finished using the bathroom, he washed his hands and brushed his teeth before stripping down and turning the shower on. He peeked out of the bathroom to see Lay still asleep, hands curled tightly around Kris’ pillow.

Smiling, Kris stepped into the shower, muscles relaxing as the hot water rained down on him. He grabbed his body wash and began to lather himself up when he realized that it had been a while since he’d showered alone. Ever since he’d gotten to Taiwan, excluding the day he arrived, he had showered with Lay.

Kris’ jumped when he thought more about it. They were lucky to be clean, all the stuff they’d done in the shower. It brought a satisfied smirk to Kris’ face. Shaking his erted thoughts away, Kris finished his shower quickly, turning the water off and stepping out to grab a towel.

He walked back into the bedroom to see Lay curled up, watching him with a small smile.

“Good morning.”

Lay’s smile grew, “Good morning.”

Kris chuckled, “What are you so happy about?”

He walked over to stand on the side of the bed, smiling softly down at Lay.

Lay shook his head as he continued to grin up at his boyfriend.

Both men were silent as they smiled at each other, Kris’ hand caressing Lay’s cheek.

They both looked up when they heard a loud slam.

Lay snickered, “I think Luhan’s throwing a temper tantrum.”

Kris chuckled and walked to the closet.

Lay sighed, pouting a little when Kris pulled away to get dressed. He sat up and stretched before making his way into the bathroom to get ready.

 

Baekhyun woke up feeling like . He slowly sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, rubbing the crust from his eyes so he could see clearly.

When he felt more awake, he shuffled into the bathroom and turned the shower on. He couldn’t even bring himself to look in the mirror so he used the restroom and washed his hands with his head down.

Baekhyun slipped into the shower and quickly cleaned himself. When he stepped out, he dried himself and pulled on a pair of jeans and a random t-shirt along with a pair of sneakers.

He didn’t bother to even check which weapons he was grabbing, randomly snatching a gun and shoving it into its concealed holder before sweeping his hand through the top compartment of the case and grabbing small weapons to stick in his pockets.

When he finished putting the case back, Baekhyun grabbed his phone and room key before making his way out of the room and downstairs, heading for the complimentary breakfast in one of the front sunrooms.

Baekhyun walked into the room with his head down, only briefly looking up to find an empty table. His eyes widened when he saw that the only empty table was next to the table where Chanyeol was sitting, facing the window.

Chanyeol usually never woke up before 10 unless there was an extremely important reason. Chanyeol looked to his right and they locked eyes, neither man blinking or breathing.

Baekhyun’s frown deepened when Chanyeol looked away first, going back to stare out the window as he mindlessly munched on a bagel.

Baekhyun inwardly scolded himself for freezing up the way he did as he made his way to the breakfast bar.

Baekhyun quickly grabbed a bowl and filled it with fruit before hustling over to the empty table, not paying attention as he sat in the seat facing Chanyeol. He mentally slapped himself when he looked up and locked eyes with Chanyeol again. They both quickly looked down and continued eating.

Thankfully, they were both saved when Sehun and Luhan walked in.

Sehun grabbed a cup of coffee and a few donuts while Luhan made himself a bowl of cereal before they parted ways to sit, Luhan sitting with Chanyeol and Sehun sitting with Baekhyun.

Luhan dropped his bowl on the table and pulled his chair under him as he kept his eyes trained on Chanyeol’s face.

Chanyeol squirmed around in his seat as he played with the piece of toast in his hand.

Luhan sighed, “Yeol.”

Chanyeol sighed too, “Luhan. Don’t, ok? Just, don’t.”

Luhan slumped a little, another sigh falling past his lips, “And why shouldn’t I? It’s such a childish argument. Just go tell him you’re sorry.”

Chanyeol shook his head, “This isn’t high school. I’m not just going to lie to him and say I’m ready to settle down. I refuse to ignore my opinions just to make him feel better.”

Luhan nodded, dejected, “I understand.”

And that was the end of it. Chanyeol was glad that even though Luhan wanted to talk about it more, he wouldn’t push it and he’d respect Chanyeol’s privacy.

 

Baekhyun was torn. Part of him wanted Sehun to say something so he could vent but the other half of him prayed that Sehun wouldn’t say anything about it at all.

Sehun gave him a small supportive small, “I’ll listen if you want me to. But I’m not going to force this on you.”

Baekhyun felt a little bit of weight lift from his shoulders. It was nice to know that Baekhyun had a friend who would just listen and not try to give advice.

Sehun’s smile grew a little when he saw Baekhyun visibly straighten, knowing he’d said the right thing. 

They both sat and finished breakfast quietly, both going over the day’s mission.

 

When Baekhyun and Sehun finished breakfast, they decided to go out and explore the city. Sehun walked with Baekhyun back up to his room to finish getting a few weapons and they headed out to sight-see.

Chanyeol and Luhan decided to go out as well. Luhan mentioned some tour that would keep Chanyeol’s mind preoccupied so Chanyeol agreed because staying in his room until 10 was the worst idea.

Lay and Kris just barely made it downstairs in time to eat the complimentary breakfast. They walked into the designated breakfast room seconds after Luhan and Chanyeol walked out of the building.

Suho and D.O joined Lay and Kris a minute later, the 2 couples chatting over leftover pastries and coffee.

 

*I’m sorry but I’m fast-forwarding to the meet-up and if I feel like it, I’ll add in some interesting stuff from the day later.*

 

At 9:30 PM each couple was dressed in all black and armed, ready for anything. They all left separately, each spy taking different routes and making sure to steer clear of each other.

 

10 PM had all 8 spies standing around the bottom floor of a building that wasn’t done being built.

They were all a little surprised when they saw Vanness Wu stroll into the building with a smile.

Vaneness walked into the large makeshift circle, turning around to look at each spy. When he finished his mental inspection, he held up the large, thick manila folder in his left hand, “So, who am I giving this to?”

Suho stepped forward, carefully taking the envelope before bowing slightly to the grinning man.

Vanness held his finger to his forehead, giving the spies a mock-salute before strolling back out of the building.

Baekhyun pulled out a tablet, and scanned the screen, “No unknown hidden devices.”

D.O nodded as he eyed the ceilings, scanning the high windows and dark rafters, sharp vision pointing out little details in each hidden nook and corner.

The group of spies settled in a circle in the middle of the floor, the contents of the manila folder out and being passed around from spy to spy.

“Well that was strange.” Lay commented as he read over the mission plan for Oregon.

There was a murmur of agreement, each spy concentrating on picking out any flaws in the information.

D.O and Baekhyun were taking pictures of the backs and fronts of each document.

Luhan spoke up a few minutes later, “Almost as if there’s…”

They all looked up just as the sound of windows breaking echoed around the room.

Everyone with the exception of Baekhyun, who was shoving everything back into the folder, had pulled out their guns, already aiming and firing at the many men who seemed to be pouring into the building.

As gunshots fired from all directions, D.O pulled out another weapon that looked like a gun. He held it straight up, aiming for the ceiling and firing. A rappel launched upwards, flying right through the ceiling, the sharp edged claws popping out and securing the rappel in place. D.O held on tight as the rope began to contract, sending him up to the ceiling.

D.O went from the floor to the ceiling in less than 2 seconds, firing his gun at every person aiming for his rope.

Suho made his way to the back door, carefully aiming at men on the opposite side of the building. He kicked the back door open, grabbing the door handle before it could slam against the outside wall and alert anyone of his presence.

After carefully closing the door, Suho snuck over to a decent hiding spot between an old structure and an old truck. From his spot, he was able to use both his dart gun and his normal gun to take out all the men who were using the ladder at the back of the building to climb to the high windows and sneak in.

What felt like hours later, Suho took out the last man. He stood up and stretched, his back cracking pleasingly as he raised his arms over his head and leaned backwards.

He checked his watch. 10:27

He smiled, making his way back in the direction of the hotel, whistling happily.

 

D.O, from his vantage point in the ceiling, was able to take out a few men but once he ran out of ammo for his weapons, he swung himself over to one of the lesser crowded windows, being sure to duck his team’s bullets and dodge all the bullets from the anti-spies. Whenever an anti was hit, D.O would grab their gun and toss it down to the 4 spies below.

He was able to get outside and climbed down the 2-story building, hopping off at the bottom of the wall and looking around. Suho must’ve taken out the rest of the guys.

D.O checked his watch. 10:30

Grinning, D.O began the trek to the train station a few blocks away to buy more ammo, humming a song to himself.

 

Kris, after using all of his bullets, grabbed Lay’s gun and began aiming. He noticed D.O make his way to a window, probably in search of Suho. He was careful to avoid the wide-eyed genius, aiming instead for anyone trying to shoot D.O. Thankfully, D.O was throwing down all the antis’ weapons, keeping Kris stocked with enough weapons to take out the rest of the men.

Sehun and Chanyeol were also picking up discarded guns and aiming at any man that was in range of that weapon. They fired in rapid succession, taking up to 5 men out in seconds before picking up another gun.

Lay was close to Kris, aiming 2 pens and firing cyanide dipped arrows into the shadows, making sure to catch any man that Kris, Chanyeol, and Sehun weren’t able to see.

Luhan and Baekhyun had taken cover under a table, Luhan helping Baekhyun mix and hold chemicals for a small explosion.

“Hold this.” Baekhyun would pass a small vial over to Luhan.

“Take this.” Baekhyun would shove a metal stick into Luhan’s hands.

“Hold this.” A small container forced into Luhan’s lap.

“Give me this.” Baekhyun took the small vial.

“And this.” The metal stick

He was going so fast, mixing chemicals and pouring powders and stirring things so fast, Luhan couldn’t even identify which chemicals were which and what Baekhyun was trying to do.

Baekhyun poured his mixture of chemicals into a miniature container made out of a special chemical coating. Once all of the mixture was in the container, he popped a tiny lid on the container and quickly looked around the large room.

Noticing that there were quite a few men near the front entrance of the building, Baekhyun decided where he was going to throw his little bomb. Crawling out quickly and facing the back door of the building, Baekhyun launched the tiny container as hard as he could at the group of 15 men standing on the second level of the building.

The 6 spies took off to the door as soon as the container left Baekhyun’s hand, just barely making it out of the building before the explosion rocked the ground.

They continued running far away from the building, only stopping when they were a safe distance away from the collapsing building and the flying debris.

Panting, Kris looked around, “Where’s Suho? And D.O?”

Luhan snorted, “Oh come on. Just because they act like parents doesn’t mean they don’t love a good every now and then. I bet they’re having in some random public place.”

Lay chuckled, “I will never forget the time we found them in Notre Dame.”

Sehun shuddered, “Gross, man. I was not trying to hear about the parent couple’s past capades.”

Everyone chuckled, Sehun really did act like the youngest sometimes.

Baekhyun looked at his watch. 10:40

“Ok, well I’m gonna head back now and get some rest. I’ll see you guys in the morning.”

Chanyeol also checked the time. 10:40

He sadly watched Baekhyun walk away before shaking the sad thoughts away, “Well, I’m starving so I’m gonna go get some food before going back. See you guys tomorrow.”

And with that he headed off in the same direction he’d come from, in search of the 24 hour noodle shop he’d passed on the way to the meet-up.

Sehun shook his head as they all watched both men walk off in different directions, “They’re so stubborn.”

Lay hummed in agreement before breathing in, causing a cough-attack because of all the smoke, “Well guys, I think we should head back now, too. There are way too many dangerous chemicals in the air.”

The remaining 4 spies made their way back to the hotel, talking and laughing quietly.

 

When Chanyeol got to his destination, he slumped a little, quickly taking his phone out and typing a quick text message.

 

Be careful.

 

When Baekhyun got to his destination he took a deep breath before pulling his phone out and typing a quick message.

Be Careful.

 

 

A/N: GUESS WHO'S BACK EVEN THOUGH I SHOULD'VE ACTUALLY BEEN BACK LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO and i am so sorry guys. I really have been doing nothing but school work and bullting and ugh, school has just been kicking this semester kinda sorta but it's ok cus I don't have another paper to write for like a week OTL. anyway, i hope you guys like this chapter. maybe tomorrow or saturday I will go back and talk about what everyone did while they waited for the meet-up at 10. And for those of you who might not have read it,

I WROTE HOW BAEKYEOL MET GUYS  

but yeah idk why that's so big. and this author note is getting crazy long. i feel like i need to tell you guys something else but whatevs i'll just come back. 

much love muchachos <3