Chapter 30

Exoergic

 

The couple spent their day exploring the city- which really means they went out with the other couples and scouted their meeting place.

The couples split up for each street once they found out that their meeting location actually took up an entire block. Kris and Lay scouted the north street, Chanyeol and Baekhyun took the east, Sehun and Luhan searched the west, and D.O and Suho walked the south.

As they walked, Kris kept an eye out for potential suspects while Lay stayed on his phone, locating all devices in a 5 mile radius of the location. As they walked to the spots of each hidden devices, Lay would carefully examine it then put an opposing device underneath. For every locating device he found, he’d add a scrambler to it.

The team finished in 3 hours and decided to spend their evening doing something fun.

Chanyeol, being the oversized child he is, suggested the arcade. That idea was shot down by an irritated Baehyun, who claimed his back hadn’t healed enough for him to do anything too strenuous.

Sehun then suggested bowling, but he was promptly smacked upside the head by a frowning Luhan.

“Didn’t Baek just say Chanyeol can’t do anything too strenuous?”

Suho intervened before they started arguing.

“How about the club? We’re all a little too old to hang out at movie theaters and arcades anyway.”

Baekhyun thought it over before nodding, “Yeah, I mean Chanyeol’s not going to be doing too much moving at a club. Why not?”

So the group walked back to the hotel, walking in pairs since it would seem suspicious for the same group of guys to walk around everywhere together.

Lay led Kris into his room, where he shoved Kris onto the bed and started rummaging around in the closet to pick out a decent outfit.

He finally managed to pull out a pair of jeans that were horribly wrinkled and a random graphic tee that Kris would deny owning. Lay threw the clothes at his boyfriend, grinning when they smacked him in the face.

Kris growled as he ripped the pants off his head but Lay was already sprinting back to his own room.

Kris sighed and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. His quick shower got quicker when he heard the bumps and moans coming from Luhan and Sehun’s room. Kris has never dried off and gotten dressed so fast.

In Lay’s room, Kris lay across the bed, playing a game on Lay’s phone while his own phone charged. Lay walked out of his bathroom, towel-drying his hair.

He scolded Kris, “Did you even choose your weapons?”

Kris nodded, not taking his eyes off the screen. Lay scoffed and walked over to his closet, pulling out an outfit and quickly slipping into it.

When Lay was done getting ready, he took out his weapons case and admired all of his little beauties before grabbing a random gun- that Kris would explain to be a very nice choice as a Desert Eagle.

Lay picked out a few more weapons before putting his case back in its hiding place. He rolled his eyes at Kris, who was still playing on his phone with a slight glare on his face, before walking into Kris’s room and going to the couch to pull out his case.

Lay chuckled as he easily took apart the complicated security system and clicked open the case. He scoffed at Kris’ assortment of weapons. Did that man ever upgrade?

Lay quickly picked out some small weapons before he grabbed Kris’ Charter Arms Target. He put everything back away and made his way back to Kris.

Once Lay finally managed to get his phone away from his boyfriend, he handed over the weapons he’d picked out and scolded him as he watched Kris hide his weapons.

“Why are your weapons so old? How many upgrades have you skipped? Why are there things in there from 6 years ago?!”

Kris rolled his eyes as he slipped his gun in his pants, “Because I’m more of a gun and knife type person. And don’t you try to get on me, your guns haven’t been taken care of properly and they’re old too!”

Lay uncrossed his arms put them on his hips, “Don’t try to turn this on me! It’s required for you to upgrade at least every year!”

Kris smirked, “Not if you’re a top-notch gun user like myself.”

Lay rolled his eyes this time before turning around to walk out of the door.

“Whatever. I don’t like guns anyway.”

Kris mimicked him behind his back as he followed him out of the room and to the elevator.

They met up with everyone else in the lobby before heading out to a club Luhan researched.

 

They arrived at the club and slipped through the front door as if there wasn’t a 40 feet long line full of envious eyes watching them like hawks.

On the inside, Chanyeol and Baekhyun quickly disappeared and Suho and D.O went to find a decent booth for the group of 8. Sehun and Luhan followed Baekyeol’s example and disappeared.

Lay wrinkled his nose as another sweaty body bumped into him from the back. Kris grabbed Lay’s elbow and pulled him into his chest. The couple made their way to the bar, Kris hanging over Lay protectively like a shield.

When they finally made it to the crowded bar, Lay leaned over the top to get a bartender’s attention while Kris pressed as close to Lay’s back as possible, almost draping over him like a blanket.

Lay quickly ordered a round of 6 Wise Men before leaning back into Kris’ chest, enjoying the warmth and support of the strong man.

Kris kept his eyes on the woman making their drinks across the bar. She worked quickly and didn’t lift her bead much, despite the huge amount of people trying to get her attention. When she was done mixing the 6 drinks, she placed it on a dark brown tray before picking up a pen and piece of paper. She quickly scribbled something down and walked over, handing the tray to Lay.

 

Lay took the tray from her when she walked over and he smiled before turning around to lead Kris to their table.  

Kris quickly picked up a glass and downed the drink before snatching the slip of paper from the tray.

6 strangers

10 minute increments

Constant eye contact

Kris crumbled up the paper and turned his head back to the bartender, nodding. She nodded back before going back to taking orders from loud customers.

Lay walked in the direction he’d seen Suho and DO drift to, making his way to the booth they’d saved. He eyed a man dressed in black pants and a dark red tight shirt who seemed frozen in place watching something.

Lay followed the man’s gaze and stopped walking when he noticed what the man was staring at.

There, in the booth, were 2 small men making out quite obscenely. Their hands roamed everywhere on each other and their tongues seemed to be dancing between their lips.

Lay almost dropped the tray.

It was D.O. and Baekhyun. 

 

A/N: hahahahaha OH LOOK ANOTHER UPDATE!!! hehehe and I've reached a ton of subscribers i can't remember the number bc halmeoni-kai has horrible memory but thank you to every single person who likes the story and is willing to read it! 

There's a lot more chapters left but there are a lot of plot twists that I'll be adding so things might move a little faster from now on. I'll try not to put in stuff like "3 weeks later" because I don't really like it when people skip over so much time without acknowledging it.

author's note is getting pretty long so I'll just stop here. feel free to talk to me and give me feedback! i'm on here, twitter, tumblr, and livejournal so there's always someway to reach me lol

Much love muchachos! <3