The Beginning

Exoergic
Kris and Lay are spies. In fact they’re the best spies any organization could have. Even though they work for the same organization and both could be considered ‘famous’ in the world of undercover intelligence agencies, they have never had the actual pleasure of meeting each other. They even had the same acquaintances or ‘friends’ but Kris has only heard descriptions of Lay from Luhan and Lay has only heard of stories of Kris from Chanyeol.
The funniest thing about Kris and Lay is that they live in the same apartment complex. Lay owns the executive suite (aka half of the 12th floor) while Kris owns the entire 13th floor. Kris has no clue what Lay looks like and vice versa but they often ride the elevator together.
Lay knows a Wufan though on the 13th floor. Kris knows a Yixing on the 12th floor. Wufan and Yixing are actually well-acquainted. Whenever Yixing has free time, he’ll cook a meal or two for Wufan, who would sometimes buy Yixing little things that he might like. Yixing would actually go so far to say they might even be ‘best friends.’

Wufan was tired. All he really wanted to do was go home and curl up in his bed for a few hours before bugging Yixing into buying him food. The only problem with his wish was that Yixing was away again for business and wouldn’t be back for another 3 days. So Kris had to cook his own meal, which wouldn’t have been a problem if he didn’t have an empty refrigerator. As soon as he opened the door to his refrigerator, he knew that he would have to go to Hell to get food.

Wufan isn’t much of a people person. In fact, he could easily count everyone who knew him; it was 6 which was actually 6 too many. He didn’t go out if he could help it (sometimes Luhan would terrorize him until he grabbed a drink with the guys or Yixing would nag until Wufan joined him at some club.)

Wufan was not happy when he left his home. He stepped onto the elevator, unconsciously looking to his right even though he knew Yixing wasn’t at home or probably even in the country. His frown deepened when he saw the empty elevator. He contemplated calling Luhan or Chanyeol but quickly dismissed the thought. He already didn’t want to go to the store, adding 2 childish men into the mix would not lift his mood. At all.

He rolled his eyes as he thought about the last time he went to the store with Luhan and Chanyeol. Chanyeol, who was Korean, was fascinated by the Chinese market and ran around pointing at everything that caught his eye. Luhan, even though Chinese, was no better than a little kid going shopping with his mom. If he wasn’t asking Kris to buy stuff for him, he was running around with Chanyeol and just causing mayhem. 

A small smile came to his lips, even though they caused a lot of confusion and trouble, Luhan and Chanyeol never allowed a boring moment and they were actually good friends. He stepped off the elevator and made his way out of the building, nodding at the doorman and skirting around an older lady with a terribly shaved dog.

He turned towards the neighborhood market, which in all actuality was a supermarket that took up almost an entire block. He grabbed a cart and hustled inside with his head down, he did NOT want to be noticed because that meant people would try to talk to him which meant no quick in-and-out shopping which meant less sleep and Wufan wanted sleep. He quickly walked to the fresh produce section, grabbing as many cheap things as possible. Just because money wasn’t a problem for him didn’t mean he wanted to blow it all on food.

Wufan was actually making good time, he managed to get the bullk of his shopping out of the way and was headed to the western food section to get the snacks that Yixing liked so much. After grabbed a few handfuls of random things, Wufan was ready to check out. He headed to the register, head low but eyes scanning and assessing everything.

He got through the checkout process smoothly and was headed back to his apartment with his arms full of bags when he noticed a black car that always seemed to be in his peripheral. He walked past his building and turned left, crossing the street. The car continued straight but Kris took no chances and walked up another block before cutting through an alley to get back to his apartment.

 No sign of the car. He was good. He made his back into his building, nodding again at the doorman and hitting the elevator button with his . As the elevator doors were closing, he noticed a man in a trench coat with a fedora and glasses on walk into the building. The man’s head was down but Kris could see his eyes watching him. The doors closed before the man could cross the lobby and Kris pressed all 16 buttons for every floor. He got off on the third floor and crossed the building to get to the employee elevator. He stepped onto the employee elevator and rode up to the roof.

Once on the roof, he crossed the building a second time to get to the stairs. In the stairwell he walked down to the 13th floor and quickly put his bags down before reaching under the table by the door and grabbing a gun. He hoped he wouldn’t have to use it because Yixing had helped him decorate his new place and he quite liked the set up. He checked his phone, one missed call from Luhan.

Keeping his hand on the trigger, Kris called Luhan back, cradling the phone between his ear and shoulder.

“Hello? Kris?”

“Yeah, you called…”

“Oh yeah, I was calling to say I’m coming over and I think Chanyeol is coming too…”

“Yeah give me 30 minutes.”

“Ok 30 minutes, see ya.”

“Bye.”

Kris pressed END and put his phone back in his pocket. His gun was still raised to the door and he was prepared to lure the guy in just to get this over with. He waited for 3 more minutes.

A soft knock was heard on the door and a split second, Kris’ gun was cocked. He looked through the tiny peephole and saw nothing but a nose. He scoffed, whoever this was was either really dumb or meant no harm. He cracked the door, “Who is it?”

A deep chuckle was heard, “Oh come on Kevin, let me in.”

Kris froze, whoever this was knew his alias. This was not good. Kris checked his gun to make sure he had enough bullets to really end the guy. The chuckle turned into a laugh, “Kevin, you’ve always been a kill-first-ask-later type of guy.”

That was said in English and Kris knew exactly who it was. He only had one cousin that would say that to him. He rolled his eyes and slipped his gun into the back of his jeans, taking the chain off the door and pulling it open so his cousin could get in.

Kyuhyun walked in and looked around, “This is very nice. I need a place like this. What women did you threaten to decorate this for you?”

Kris resisted the urge to roll his eyes, “Haha, you’re funny. I actually had a friend help me.”

Kyuhyun’s eyebrows popped up, “oh?”

Kris actually rolled his eyes that time, “His name is Yixing, he lives on the 12th floor.”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened a tenth of a centimeter and if Kris wasn’t a spy, he would have missed it. That name sounded familia- the agency’s 2 top spies are neighbors?!? And they don’t know the other is a spy?! Kyuhyun wanted to laugh. This was too good.

 Kris narrowed his eyes, “What?”

Kyuhyun shook his head, “Nothing, my appa went to school with a guy named Yixing… Maybe they’re related.”

They both knew he was lying but it sounded believable so Kris let it go. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m in China for a few days and I came for some food.”

Kris rolled his eyes, “So you followed me in an unmarked car and stalked me through the building just for food?”

Kyuhyun frowned, “Ok one: I don’t cook so yes, what’s wrong with that and two: I didn’t rent any car for my stay. My hotel is 2 blocks over. Is someone following you?”

Kris sighed, “No, I just saw an unmarked car on my way home from the market. It was a main street so I took a little precaution and took a walk around a few blocks. I didn’t see it again so I just came back.”

Kyuhyun nodded and put his gun away. He had somehow managed to pull it out when he asked Kris if he was being followed. Kris suppressed a shiver. His cousin(s) were scarily perfect with their ‘talents and skills.” Kyuhyun’s aim was perfect and he could take out, assemble, disassemble, load and reload his gun in less than 7 seconds with no sound.

After putting his gun away (Kris was watching him and he still managed to not see where he put it) Kyuhyun walked towards the grocery bags and went through them. He pulled out a pack of Twinkies and went to take a tour around Kris’ place.

He would never admit it but Kris was happy his cousin showed up. He didn’t really want to waste bullets or ruin his (hopefully permanent) semi-new home. He had moved in 11 months (ooh it was almost a year, he needed to see if Yixing wanted to celebrate his moving in) and he came to really appreciate his new place. Few people knew where a spy lived so Kris was able to live normally (or as normally as being an undercover intelligent specialist living in a normal world cold get.)

Kris checked his watch, 17 minutes had gone by which means Luhan and Chanyeol would be stepping into the building and making their way to the elevator right now.

it, takeout it is. Kris grabbed his grocery bags and went to the kitchen. Kyuhyun opened the door at 2:19, exactly 30 minutes after Luhan called him. After greeting Kyuhyun, Luhan and Chanyeol made their way to the kitchen, Chanyeol already on the phone with the Thai restaurant down the street. The four men put all the food away and went into Kris’ living room, exchanging stories and advice.

20 minutes later and Chanyeol was walking down to the lobby to get the food. He returned and they all dug in. Kyuhyun was telling them about a mission in Indonesia with his hyungs, Eunhyuk and ZhouMi, when everyone’s phone went off. They all went quiet and checked the screens. It was the same message.

Tomorrow morning

11AM

XE745N2

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, this wasn’t an official meeting, the coordinates were wrong. Stupid Donghae, always adding extra symbols to codes. Thankfully, they all knew where the location of the meeting was.

Kris finished his food and threw all the trash in the trashcan in the kitchen. When he walked back out to the sitting room, the other 3 men knew it was time for them to go. They said their goodbyes and Kris happily made his way down the hall to his bedroom, glancing at the bed lovingly before yanking all his clothes off and hopping into it. He had been waiting for this aaaall day. Kris fell asleep almost as soon as he got comfortable under his sheets.

 

 

A/N: I really don't know what I'm doing... All I know is that I watched Taken 2 the other night and espionage EXO would NOT let me sleep. -_- I know it seems kind of boring but this is what my hands typed so...Please review and tell me what you think because I need ideas and suggestions and critics... Usually I don't think about leaving author notes but I can't help myself. 

-Kai