Chapter 23

Is Loving You A Mistake?

*I know I should have let him say something.* Hasung thought as she drove to the airport. Her mother had called earlier and had told her that her cousin was coming back from Sweden, and Hasung offered to pick her up.

She parked her red BMW and got out and entered the arrival lounge.

--

"Unnie~" she sang as she hugged her cousin. "How are you?"
"I'm grand." She laughed. "Wow it's been a while."
"It sure is." Hasung smiled. "Come on let's go."

_____________________________________________________________

"And then I took her phone and told her to use the other one." Dara told Hayi as they dressed the mannequins in the latter's boutique.
"Well that's a good thing I guess." Hayi said fixing a blue sundress on one of the mannequins. "But how do you know she won't contact him anyway?"

"I told her not to...and besides.. I know her-" Dara made an abrupt stop and her eyes were fixed on something over Hayi's shoulder. "Look!!!" She cried, causing Hayi to turned around. "There he is now!"

Hayi examined him for a few seconds. "He is goodlooking, to be honest." She said while tapping her chin. Dara flicked her forehead. "No idiot, look, he's with some girl!"

"Oh God.. Such a jerk!"

________________________________________________________________

"Well, we got Suho hyung's anniversary gift." Baekhyun said as he took the bags from Jaehwa. "What's next?" 

"We need to buy me a dress." Jaehwa said. 

"Okay, I guess." Baekhyun shrugged. *I've got nothing better to do anyways.* 

"I'm so nervous, its our first anniversary.." Jaehwa said. "I wonder if he'll like my surprise."

Jaehwa started telling about her preparations to Baekhyun, who was hardly listening. *I should talk to her soon. Maybe pay her a visit. I need to see her. I have to. But what will I say?* He tapped his chin. *Think. THINK.*

"Hey Baek?" Jaehwa waved her hand infront of Baekhyun's face. "Are you okay?"

No answer. *I should ask someone for her new phone number. But who?!*

"Baekhyun-ah!!" Jaehwa shook his arm.

"Huh? What?" Baekhyun shook his head and looked at her. "Why did you stop walking?" She asked.

"Oh..I just... Nothing." Jaehwa eyed him suspiciously. "You okay, Baek?"

"Yeah. Totally." He rubbed his neck.

"Well okay then I see a good boutique there, let's go!" She started walking. "Okay, I guess." Baekhyun murmured and started following her.

_____________________________________________________________________

"Oh look!" Dara exclaimed and shook Hayi's shoulder, who was hanging the bracelets. "What? What is it?" She said.

"There coming in here!" She said. But before Hayi could say anything, Baekhyun and Jaehwa had entered.

"Excuse me?" Jaehwa knocked at the glass door. "Is anyone here?"

Hayi appeared from behind the racks. "Yes, good evening." She smiled. "How may I help you?"

"I'm here to look for an evening dress." She smiled, walking towards Hayi. "Ofcourse, please follow me."

Jaehwa dragged Baekhyun with her. 

"What are you doing?!" Dara whispered loudly as she pulled Hayi to one side.

"Excuse me please." She smiled at her customers and then turned to Dara. "What do you think I’m doing? I’m seeing my first customers.” She whispered back.

“We should sabotage them!” Dara said with a grin. “NO!” Hayi yelled, causing Baekhyun and Jaehwa to snap their heads at them and stare. Hayi looked at them apologetically and mouthed. “Two minutes!”

They nodded.

“No!” She turned towards Dara and whispered. Dara opened to protest but Hayi cut her off. “No buts. They are my first customers, and I don’t want a bad start. I’m going to look after them and you’re not going to ruin this for me.” Dara tried to say something but was cut off again. “PLEASE.” Hayi said and without waiting for her answer, turned to her customer.

“Sorry about that, let’s see what I have for you.” She said warmly and led Jaehwa to the other side of the shop. Baekhyun looked around him and his eyes fell on the girl sitting on the counter playing with her phone. *That’s… that’s the girl who I saw with Hasung the other day.* He started walking towards her. *Maybe she has her new phone number.*

“This maroon one compliments you skin tone.” Hayi told Jaehwa as she stood infront of the mirror.  “You’re right….” Jaehwa replied.

There was a moment of silence but Hayi broke it. “Excuse me, if you don’t mind. What’s the occasion?”

“Oh. It’s my first anniversary with my boyfriend tomorrow.” Jaehwa smiled.

“Him?” Hayi raised a brow and pointed towards Baekhyun.

“Oh no not him!” Jaehwa giggled. “That’s just a friend.”

“Oh.” Hayi said and sighed in relief.

--

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun approached Dara. Dara looked up at his face without flinching. “Yes?” she raised a brow.
“You’re Hasung’s friend right?”

“Yes.” Dara replied.

“I was..um..wondering if you have her number… the new one… you see i’m her boyfriend and she broke her other phone.. I kinda didn’t have time to ask her for it. It wuld be kind of you if you would give it to me.” He explained to Dara who broke into a phony smile and took out a sticky note from her purse. “Why not?”

She wrote on the paper and handed it to Baekhyun, rolled her eyes and left without waiting for his response.

*Yes!*

Baekhyun was about to open the note when Jaehwa called. “let’s go Baek!” He put the note in his pocket and walked towards Jaehwa. “Coming!”

_________________________________________________

Hey Guys!!! Sorry for making you wait so much, I've been reeeaaallllyyy busy lately. Don't ask why.

I'll double update tonight ^^

thankyu for your patience!! <3