Dinner with parents

Is Loving You A Mistake?

Hasung's parents told her that they had dinner with Baekhyun's parents that night. Great.

"Oh. What do I do?! What do I wear?!" The usual problem. 

*I wonder what Baekhyun oppa will say to me. Or will he even say something?*

---

"Dinner with who?" Baekhyun said to the butler who served him lunch in the huge dining room. After serving, the butler went to stand behind Baekhyun.
"The Parks, young master" The butler replied. "Juinim and Yeojuinim asked me to tell you this morning before they left."
"They were here today?" Baekhyun asked surprised, turning to face the butler as he put his fork down. "Yes doryeonnim, they came yesterday. In the evening at about 7 o' clock."
*I was out at that time* Baekhyun thought. *Still they should have informed me somehow. How long has it been that I haven't seen them?* He went back to eating his food. "What time will we have dinner with them?" He asked. *Atleast I can go and apologize to Hasung. Stupid Jongin.*

"Doryeonim, I think they are here now." The butler said. Maids began to set the cutlery. "What are doing this for?" Baekhyun asked. "Doryeonim, Juinim and Yeojuinim want to have lunch with you. *Lunch? With me? What did I do now?* He thought. He knew his parents never asked to eat with him unless it was something important like how he's 'irresponsible' and needs to change his attitude if he's going to be the heir of the company. After a while his parents came and sat on the dining table with him and told the maids and butlers that they could leave now.

*Here comes the lecture.* Baekhyun thought and continued to eat. Without even bothering to greet his parents who he hadn't talked to in about a month. *Why should I even bother?*

After the maids left, Mr Byun exploded "Byun Baekhyun! Is this the way to greet your parents?"

"No." Baekhyun said calmly and continued to pretend that he was eating. "Look at me Baekhyun." His father said through clenched teeth and Baekhyun looked up. "Hmm?"

"Do you even bother to tell us your decisions regarding your future?" His mother asked sternly.

"Is it important?" Baekhyun said, looking her in the eyes. "Byun Baekhyun, donot talk to your mother like that!" His father said loudly.

"Today the Parks called us and asked us to have dinner with them to discuss your marraige, and we didn't even know." His mother said. "Well now you know" He said, and stood up.

"Do you know how embarassing it was for us? That our son didn't even bother to inform us about this?"

"If I'm such an embarassment to you. Why don't you just.." Baekhyun began but when he saw the look in his parents eyes, he knew it was best to just stop. "Forget it, excuse me. I have somewhere to go now" He heard his mother telling him to be ready on time as he left for his room.

----

Hasung wore a lovely pink knee length dress with white heels, her long silky brown hair spilled over her shoulders. Soon, The Byun family arrived. After greeting eachother, the two parties sat down and talked. The parents discussed about Hasung and Baekhyun's engagement party. While the two of them were left feeling awkward as the mothers had already started discussing about their future offspring. Mrs Park was exclaiming again and again (and again), what a ''wonderful decision'' their children took, while all Mrs Byun cared about was the baby.

"Mother, we're not married yet, don't you think its inappropriate to talk about offspring when even we haven't inherited the company." Baekhyun said with a smile, but there was hardness in his voice and eyes.
"Well, can't a woman even dream of having grandchildren, dear son?'' She said the last two words with a strange tone.

*Grandchildren, my . Its not like she's my real mother anyways.* Baekhyun turned away from his father's second wife.

Hasung sensed the tense atmosphere, *This is not good. Oppa and his mother are  like this again*

"Omonim, Abounim. please try this beef stew!" Hasung said trying to lighten up the atmosphere. "Such a nice young lady." Mr Byun said, Hasung smiled and bowed her head lightly. "Atleast I know I will have a good daughter-in-law." Mrs Byun said with the same tone, causing Baekhyun to ball his free hand to a fist. Hasung saw that. *Why is everything going wrong again!*
But she saw the slight hurt in Baekhyun's eyes, which he hid from everybody by wearing a cold mask. But Hasung could see it in his eyes. "No, ommonim." Hasung said with a warm smile. "Baekhyun oppa is a very nice person too. He's a real gentleman." As much as it was a lie, she wanted this dinner to be nice.

Baekhyun looked up at Hasung with a surprised face and for the first time that night, made eye contact with her. She just smiled back. Baekhyun's lips curved into a smile too. A genuine smile. *She..defended me. The last time someone did for me that was when..* He didnt lose eye contact with her. Hasung finally broke the gaze when Mrs Byun began to talk to her. Baekhyun suddenly felt guilty for what happened before. After dinner, they had dessert. Baekhyun had a warm feeling in his chest the entire time, but at the same time he was guilty too. *I really need to apologize to her now*.
Hasung's heart was beating crazily and sweat was forming on her forehead because Baekhyun was passing smiles to her whenever they accidently made eyecontact. *Aish, why does his smile have to be so perfect?*

 

After finishing dessert, they Parks went outside to say goodnight to the Byuns, while the parents were having their final chitchat. Baekhyun slipped behind Hasung and touched her shoulder. Hasung jumped with shock at the sudden contact and turned around to see Baekhyun. Her heart started going crazy at the closeness *Great, there goes my heart again* "Y-yes oppa?" She said. "Can we talk?" Baekhyun asked. "Sure" she said and they went to a side.

"Look...I don't know how to say this." Baekhyun said scratching the back of his neck. "What is it oppa?" She asked.

Out of nowhere, he took her hand in his and enveloped it in both hands, he had felt the urge to hold her hand, why? He wasn't sure. "I'm sorry for what happened the other day." 

Hasung barely heard what he said over the loud bamming of her heart. *Stupid heart. Stop it!*

"I didn't mean to leave you like that, I..just..I'm sorry." He said. *He's apologizing* her heart melted. One apology was all she needed. Oh wait, she didn't even need that."Its okay oppa" she managed to say.

"I mean, it really wasn't supposed to..wait..its okay?" He said. She smiled and nodded. "So we're good now right?" He asked, not letting her hand go yet. She nodded again. She was sure that her cheeks were tomato red by then.

"So..will you give me another chance?" He said "Can we go out again sometime?" 

"Ofcourse. When do you want to go?"

"Anytime you're free."

"Oh, you mean all the time?" She tiltd her head and blinked. *Cute* he thought. "I'll call you" he said, he saw from the corner of his eye that his parents were ready to leave. "Later." he said and flashed her his dazzling smile. Then, he quickly leaned forward and gave her a peck on her cheek and walked away "Bye!" he waved. Leaving her speechless and stiff.
 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey you !!

I finally updated! what do you think?

Thanks for being patient! Double update tomorrow!