Saying "No"

Is Loving You A Mistake?

Dara and Hasung went shopping the next day. No wait. Let me rephrase that. Dara dragged Hasung to go shopping with her the next day.

“Wae?!” Hasung complained as Dara tried on scarfs one by one posing in the mirror. “We came here last week!”

“Well. Do you have anything better to do?” Dara said. “Ooo this one is y.”
“Well…no I don’t thinks so..” Hasung tapped her chin. “Well, the most you’d be doing right now is depressing over that jerk of a boyfriend of yours-“

“Dara!” Hasung crossed her arms.
“Well it’s the truth.” Dara rolled her eyes as they walked towards the counter. “I’ll have this one please.” She smiled at the cashier.
Hasung kept quiet as they walked out of the store. “Let’s get a drink I'm thirsty.” Hasung said putting a hand on her tummy.

--

Dara and Hasung sat on the table near a stall.

“Gimme your phone.” Dara wagged her finger while she sipped her bubble tea.

“Why?” Hasung raised a brow.
“Just give it!”

Hasung handed Dara her iPhone hesitantly. “This.” Dara opened her purse and slipped Hasung’s phone into it, “Will stay with me for a while.”

“Why?”
“And you.” She pointed at Hasung as she leaned forward. “Will use your other phone.”
“But-“
“And you will NOT give your other number to your boyfriend.”
“What the-“
“And if he asks you out again. You will say NO.”
“Dara-“
“UNDERSTOOD?” Dara growled causing all the people to turn back and stare.
“Okay.” Hasung squeaked and sighed. Dara was right, and she knew it.

--

Baekhyun dragged Sehun to the mall with him.
“Aww…hyung!! I don’t want to go!!” Sehun whined and punched Baekhyun’s shoulder.
“Your aegyo is not working at the moment now shut up and HELP ME FIND SOMETHING!” Baekhyun growled at the maknae who pouted and crossed his arms. “No.”
Baekhyun sighed.
“What will I get in return?” Sehun said.
“ANYTHING YOU WANT!” Baekhyun clenched his teeth. This boy, sheesh.
Sehun brightened. “Okay! Now lets find an I’m Sorry present for hyung’s girlfriend!”

Baekhyun facepalmed and shook his head. “To the gift store!” Sehun pointed ahead and marched. “Come on hyung we wont find anything by just standing here.” Now Sehun was the one dragging Baekhyun.

--
“Noona will like this one. Girls always like nice earrings.” Sehun picked up a pair of silver earrings.
“Too cheap.” Baekhyun said.
“How about this?” He picked up a fine silver ring with a sapphire heart at its centre.
“I already gave her a ring.” Baekhyun yawned.
“Then lets buy her this cute hairband!” Sehun brightened at a pink hairband and held it up. “I would give buy this if I had a girl I liked.”
“Sehun.  She is not a middleschool kid.”
“Aish hyung we’ve been here for an hour now! Just buy her anything!”
“I cant find anything nice!!” Baekhyun wined and crossed his arms.
“This mall is filled with nice things.” Sehun stumped his feet in an annoyed manner. “Just buy her ANYTHING!” Sehun pointed randomly at something. “Buy her that!”

“Don’t just point at stupid stuff without-“ Baekhyun nagged as he followed where Sehun was pointing. “OH MY GOD SEHUN YOU’RE A GENIUS!!”

“I am?” Sehun said, dumbfounded. “I am!” He clapped as he saw what he pointed at. “Girls love teddy bears! Why didn’t we think of that before?”
Baekhyun brightened. *I just hope she would give me another chance.*

They bought Hasung’s gift and had it packed and delivered to Baekhyun’s house.

“Okay hyung so…” Sehunplayed with his fingers as they made their way towards the elevator.
“So what?” Baekhyun asked as they entered the elevator.
“What about our deal?” Sehun asked innocently.
“What deal..Oh that!” Baekhyun crossed his arms and turned to Sehun with a raised brow. “Okay what do you want?”

“A ticket to Greece!” Sehun brightened. “And I want you to get my car fixed and a new piano and-“

“ONE THING!” Baekhyun clarified.

“Oh.” Sehun said.  Then he put on his biggest smile and said. “Well in that case I only want bubble tea.”

“Bubble tea?” Baekhyun chuckled. “Okay lets buy you some bubble tea then.”

They went to a bubble tea stall as soon as they got out of the elevator. They were talking about random things when they entered the second floor.

“Yeah, dad wants me to join the office starting.. HOLY !” Baekhyun covered his mouth and grabbed Sehun, he pulled both of them inside a store.

“Ow! What was that for?” Sehun rubbed his arm. “Shh!” Baekhyun put a finger on his lips, he pointed behind him. Sehun looked beyond Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Ooo that’s a pretty girl~” Sehun cooed.

“Idiot!” Baekhyun smacked his head. “Look closely!”

“That’s…that’s..HYUNG’S GIRLFRIEND!” Sehun exclaimed with wide eyes. “Shut up idiot!” Baekhyun whispered and put a hand on Sehun’s mouth. He removed it slowly. “What do I do..” Baekhyun bit his nails.

“Aww hyung~” Sehun said d. “Somebody’s nervous~”

“Am not!”

“Yes you are. Look at you. You just turned into a puppy for noona~” Sehun teased. “Just go to her and say sorry.”

“Hmm…” Baekhyun thought. “Maybe I should..”

Baekhyun got out of the store  straightened himself.

--

“Yeah…yeah okay..I’ll be there in a minute..okay bye.” Dara hung up. “Sungie I have to go its an emergency..” She started to explain as she got up.

“Where are you going?” Hasung got up. “Sanghyun called, Mom isnt feeling well, I have to go to the hospital.”

“Its okay…” Hasung said. “You can go I just realized I have to look for a few things for my cousin.”

“I’m really sorry..”

“Its okay!” Hasung said. “Now go!”

Dara left and Hasung sat down to finish he bubble tea. *I hope ajhumma is okay.* She thought. As she sipped the last of it. *I should be going too.* She got up and grabbed her purse.

“Hey.” She heard a fimiliar voice behind her. She turned around and her eyes widened.

“Baekhyun oppa..” She said. Her hands started trembling. *Stay calm Hasung.* She told herself and relaxed a bit. “Is anything the matter?” She said with a hint of coldness as she crossed her arms. Baekhyun was slightly taken aback.

“I uh..” He began when he realized he was at a loss of words. “I..I’ve been calling you but your phone was off.. I ..”

“Yes, my phone..broke and I sent it to get fixed.” She lied. *I LIED?!* Her insides screamed but she managed to hide it.

“Oh..” Baekhyun started. “I wanted to..”

Buzz~Buzz~

Hasung’s other phone started vibrating. *Yes! Saved!*
“Hold on please.” She excused and attended her phone. “Yes umma. Yes. I’m outside right now.. okay no problem. Bye.”

Baekhyun started to say something but she cut him off and started walking. “I have to pick someone up from the airport. I’m sorry. Good day-“

“I’ll go with you!” Baekhyun tried to stop her. “Let me drive you there..”

Hasung sighed deeply and turned back to face him. She put on a smile. “There will be no need for that. Good day.”

“But-“

“I have my own car. Thankyou for your kind offer. Now if you’ll excuse me.” She turned and went away.

He watched her enter the elevator.

“DAMMIT!” He cried and ran fingers through his hair. Sehun appeared next to him. “Can I have my bubble tea now?” He said innocently.

Baekhyun glared at him. “NO!”

“But you promised!!” Sehun ran after him. “HYUNG!”

“MY BUBBLE TEA!!!”


Oh Sehun~ T.T