Something's Wrong With Me

The Marriage Spell

 

 

 

 

After they had lunch, their parents stayed in the cabana while Jiyong had to commit his other appointments, so he had to go early. Bom went to her room to change her clothes. She also packed her things which she would bring in Young Bae’s place. Their flight was scheduled at exactly 6 in the afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She is currently checking her belongings when her Nanny Rose knocked on her door and came in.

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re leaving.” Nanny Rose said after a while of watching Bom pack silently. Tears started to form in her eyes at the sudden realization that little girl which she has been taking care of all these years is a grown up woman now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom stood up and enveloped her nanny in a tight hug. “Aissh…Nana, don't cry as if I'm going away forever. I will come back."

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But it’s not the same now, Bommie." Nanny Rose said, pulling out of their embrace and held Bom by her shoulders. "You’re married now. You’re going to live and raise your baby there. You have a family now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Then you want to come with me, Nana?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Of course. I want to be the one to take care of you and your child.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Then, pack your things and I’m going to call the travel agency to get to you ticket.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her Nanny Rose smiled. “Aigooo...Bommie, I'll come but not now. Maybe I can go there when you are about to give birth. Or when you’re having a hard time during pregnancy. You can always call me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom smiled back and nodded at her. “Okay. I will, Nana.”

 

 

 

 

 

“It seems like you’re happy now, Bom. That's good, I'm happy for you.” Nanny Rose said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She smiled. “Of course. Everyone’s happy, so I should be happy too, right? And my child might get ugly if I’ll always frown.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t you have any regrets, dear?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Before she could answer her question, someone knocked on the door. Nana Rose opened the door, revealing her husband. Her heart skipped a beat the moment she saw his face. Bom wanted to feel irritated and smack herself to what she just felt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why does her heart skipped like that? He was her husband, but she doesn’t love him. Right? When he stayed in Seoul for a few weeks then came back to his farm after, she doesn’t know why but her heart will start to beat faster whenever he would call her on the phone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh god, what is happening to her? Are those signs of pregnancy? She hopes it is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Young Bae, dear. Come on in.” said Nana Rose and back to her again. “I must leave now, Bom. Maybe they need me there downstairs.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Before she can even react, her Nana was outside and door was closed. She swears, her heart was beating unusually fast right now. She distracted her self by packing her things again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You need something?” she asked, still her back on him. Now, it's only him and her alone inside her room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Uhm, no. I just thought that maybe I can help you pack your belongings.” Youngbae answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom felt him move and approach, close to her back. It was like there is this magnetic force that keeps on pulling her closer to him. “M-my things are packed. I’m not really planning to take too much clothes with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s good. There are many shops there and I really can help you go shopping.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

She unconsciously faced him and their gazes automatically locked. “I-I..." she stuttered on her words. "I want to go back here in Seoul quickly.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His forehead creased. “Why?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I want to work.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No need.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What? You know I’ll get bored there in the farm.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I thought you resigned?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, but I applied in other publication.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re pregnant, in case you forgot.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“My work is not that stressful.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Still, that’s our first baby.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom rolled her eyes at him. “First," she said. "and LAST baby.” she added, emphasizing the word last to tell him what she means.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She saw his forehead creased more. “Y-yeah. That’s why you should take care of it. That baby is important to me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His words pricked her heart yet she didn’t know why. She’s right, Bae’s happy because he is having a baby. The only thing important to him is the baby and not her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom closed her bag and stare away from him. “What time are we leaving?” she asked, quickly changing the topic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“3 pm. Your driver will drive us to the airport then after that my driver will pick us up from airport to the farm.” He said formally in details.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well then, we should go out now. Maybe they are looking for us.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He chuckled. “Why would they look for us? We are newly-weds, remember? We are supposed to stay together inside a room…longer.” Youngbae said, emphasizing the word longer as he put on a playful smirk on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She felt her cheeks went warm from his statement. “Don’t joke around like that. It’s very uncomfortable.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

He caught her eyes. “Why? We were like this before, right?”

 

 

 

 

 

“The situation’s not the same anymore, Bae. We’re not friends anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You're right, we’re not friends anymore. Well, that is because you’re my wife now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Only in papers, Youngbae.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae stared at her again. “I know. You don’t have to remind me all the time.” He grabbed her bags suddenly. “Would these be all?” He asked, wearing a serious tone to mask the hurt he's feeling. Bom just nodded in reply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Without looking back, he started to head out of the room. And she was left alone. Why is she suddenly feeling that what she had said and done was wrong. She doesn’t even know what to think. Something is definitely wrong with her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Young Bae was silent through out their whole ride to airport. Even in the airplane, he didn't talk to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She doesn’t know why that she’s feeling irritated that he’s not talking to her. His eyes are closed but she knows that he’s not sleeping.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived at the airport, she was surprised to know that Young Bae’s parents are not riding with them to the farm. Two cars are waiting for them there. One for them and the other one for his parents. A surprise honeymoon was prepared for them by his parents as their wedding gift.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Enjoy your stay there. That resort is the most beautiful. And If you to have finally decided to have a church wedding, we’ll give you a European cruise as a gift.” Mr. Dong said while smiling then looked at his wife. “Right, Honey?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Dong joyfully answered. “Right. So, go now then enjoy your leisure time with each other.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She looked at Youngbae but he  looked away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’ll just drive our selves there so the driver can rest.” He said. “Anyways, I know the place.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Dong faced Bom. “Bom, I’m sure you’ll enjoy you stay there. Did you know that me and my husband went there six months ago and you know what, after that we fell inlove with each other even more. That place is so enchanting.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She forced a smile. Obviously their parents are trying very hard for her and Youngbae to be really close to each other again. And she could not react or disagree about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After saying their goodbyes, they got into their own cars as his parents drove back in to their farm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a long while, Young Bae finally broke the silence. “I apologize for my parents, Bom. I have no idea that they prepared a surprise honeymoon for us.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She did not respond. She moved far from him and looked away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You seem upset.”

 

 

 

 

 

Still, she did not respond.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You know what, you should’ve refused earlier if it’s not okay with you that we are going to our honeymoon. We could just go back to the farm and stay there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She looked at him. She could not tell him that he is feeling very nervous about going in their honeymoon. “Why are you mad at me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae's brows furrowed. “I’m not mad at you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You are mad.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae did not respond, so Bom decided to shut too. Through out the whole ride, they did not speak to each other even until they arrived in 'Yeong-wonhi Beach Resort.'