The Jealous Wife

The Marriage Spell

 

 
 
 
 
 
Bom sulked herself in their room all day. She entertained herself by reading the magazines she has read already all over again. She’s still angry to what has happened earlier. After a while, her mother-in-law entered her room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Are you not feeling well, Bom?” her mother-in-law asked before taking a seat beside her. “I prepared your favorites snacks, dear. I’ll ask them to send them over here if you want to.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She placed the magazine she was holding at the bedside table. She put on a smile to mask her sadness. “Thank you, Mother but I already ate too many during lunch.” She immediately remembered that just this lunch, she and Bae had lunch together before he went back to the farm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Dong stood up. “Okay. If you’re hungry just ask the maids to get you something to eat, Arasso? I’ll just go to the city to buy something. Do you have something you wanted me to buy for you?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She shook her head. “Nothing, mother. Thank you.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I’ll go ahead then.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Uhm…Mother…” she shyly called before she go out of the room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hmm?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Can I ask you something?.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Sure. Anything, Bom."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She thought hard first before finally deciding to ask her about what’s on her mind. “Does Bae have a girlfriend?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her mother-in-law was surprise by her question. “Ha? Why do you ask,dear?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I-I’m just curios because…you know our marriage was so sudden. I just thought that maybe because of our sudden wedding…I actually hurt another party.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Dong smiled. “My son is a very responsible man. He doesn’t know how to hurt people…especially women. Well, let’s say she dated many girls but I think neither one of them was taken seriously by him.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why did you think so?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Because none of them was introduced to us. That’s why I and his father are quite pushing him to court you already.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Maybe he hasn’t introduced them to you but when he’s outside, maybe his girlfriends are handful.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Dong stared surprised at her. “Why? Are the two of you having some problems?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She quickly shook her head. “A-Aniyo, mother.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You sure?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She inhaled deeply before answering her. “A-actually there is a girl that called earlier. I was the one who answered and she said she is Young Bae’s girlfriend.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Maybe it’s just one of the flings or dates that Bae had. You know, modern women now are like you-dated-me-once-so-I’m-your-girlfriend-now type. It’s not that I’m bragging about my son but girls from here want to be with him. He’s charming and most of all, the fact that he’s the sole owner of our farm and company are the reasons that girls wanted to be his girlfriend and eventually wife.” Mrs. Dong explained. She held Bom's hand and gently caressed it.  "If you're still not comfortable then let me know that lady's name. Come onm Bom."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“J-Jessica.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After thinking deeply for while, Mrs. Dong snapped her fingers in the air. “Ah! Jessica Jung.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why? Do you know her, mother?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“In name, yes. She always calls here. She is a daughter of a rich business man. Our company supplies bananas and tomato to their company which products are mainly catsup, tomato sauce and even dried fruits. I think Young Bae knew her from a party before.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Maybe she really is Young Bae’s girlfriend.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her mother-in-law chuckled. “Oh then, why don’t you ask your husband yourself?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom shook her head. “A-aniyo. Mother, please don’t mention to Bae that I talked to you about Jessica. I don’t want him to think things…you know.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Aigoo, that’s only natural because you two are married. That kind of little problems should be talk out before it gets worse, dear.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“But mother you know that we didn’t have that normal kind of start. I can’t blame him if he still has a girlfriend until now.” She can’t say every detail to her mother-in-law right now. He and her parents only knows about them living together as husband and wife and not only papers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I know that but I think you two are very much happy with each other.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She didn’t answer. Yeah, they are happy but still something is missing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Dong held her hands. “Tell me, you learned to love my son, right? Not only as a friend but as a man and a husband, right?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Y-yes” she admitted shyly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She saw her mother-in-law’s eyes sparkled. “Oh, thank God! We were worried that your marriage would only end up as a waste but now that I know that you love my son, I’m very much relieved, Bom. WE are all very relieved.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Mother, please don’t say to Bae that I said this to you.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I…I want him first to say that he loves me.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I know my son. He won’t agree to marry you if he doesn’t love you.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“We’re having a baby that’s why he agreed to marry me.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“No, that was just a bonus for him. My son loves you that’s why he quickly agreed to marry you. You’ll feel it as a woman, Bom.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I-I feel it at times, but I’m not yet sure. I need to hear it straight from him. And please mother, don’t say to him that I talked to you about what I really feel.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Dong chuckled at her silliness. “Aigoo…these kids these days are really…” she chuckled again. “Get rid of that jealousy, okay? That Jessica is nothing. Before she is always calls here and I'm always the one to answer her. She always says that she is Bae’s girlfriend but I think they only dated twice and that’s it.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom believed her mother-in-law but she really wants to get the real truth from Bae. She knows that only some of their friend knew that they got married but doesn’t Bae really inform her about them?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Still, she can’t make herself not to think that maybe Bae is doing things to Jessica the things he can’t do to her. It only brings her pain in the chest when she thinks about that.
 
 
---
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was now late evening when Young Bae got home from the farm. He went straight to their bedroom to check up on her wife. He kissed her on the cheeks before caressing her big tummy. He always does that whenever he gets home from the farm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“How are you?” he asked before taking off his jacket. “Why are locking yourself up in the room all day?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom responded coldly. “I finished some articles. My laptop is not working well.” Out of so much anger a while ago, it seems like the laptop keys almost burst out from their places. And actually, she still hasn’t started a single article yet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You can use my laptop.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“No, it’s okay. It will be fixed by itself.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Young Bae turned to look at her. “Is there something wrong? Seems like you’re in a bad mood today.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She stood up and put her hands on her waist. “Me? Bad mood? No!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His forehead creased a little. He went closer to her and took her hands. “What’s happening to my wife?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She shivered. Wife! She pulled her hands out from his gentle grips. “Stop it.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now the crease on his forehead became full. “Hey, is that what you call ‘not in the bad mood’? Ah, I forgot, you’re having a pregnancy. You fancy me? That means our child would be so good looking!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She rolled her eyes. “Dream on!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He laughed loudly. “Okay, I’ll just take a shower so we can come down to eat.” He said before heading towards the bath room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Someone called for you.” She blurted out for she cannot control her feeling anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He turned his head to look at her. “Who?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“It’s your girl friend.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“My girlfriend? As far as I know, I have a wife not a girlfriend.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Then what is Jessica to you if she is not your girlfriend?” he was taken aback when she said her name. “I didn’t think she’s lying. She said she can’t contact you for weeks now.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Did she know who you are?” he quickly asked.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She was hurt at the reaction she saw in his eyes. Is he scared? Scared that Jessica might leave him if she knew he had a wife?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Don’t worry, I didn’t say.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why not?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“If I said that I'm your wife, she might break-up with you. It's a pity.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What are you trying to imply?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She wanted to cry but she stopped herself from doing so. “This marriage is the only thing that binds us together, Bae but other than that you’re free from doing what you want.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He became silent for a while. “You’re the one who said that so why are being so mad about that?” still his forehead creasing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom thought for an excuse. What excuse would be near from being acceptable? “I’m irritated, not mad. I’m irritated because I’m busy yet I was disturbed by that call. My flow of thoughts was gone.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Oh really? Don’t worry, I call her and tell her not to call me in landline. And to just call me in my cell phone. Or it might be better if I would be the one to just call her…always.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She felt shattered. She swallowed hard before answering him back. “Oh that would be so much better, so that Jessica won’t think who the hell I am.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He didn’t respond to her. He just turned his back to her and entered the bathroom.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She was left there angry and dumb founded. Why is his reaction like that when Jessica is not his girl friend?
 
 
 
 
----------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Young Bae went out from the bathroom, he was wrapped in a towel from waist down. Bom tried not to look at him even when he’s walking comfortably inside their room. She busied herself by pressing random keys from her laptop. ‘God, how can I find him so damn attractive even when I’m so so mad at him?! Damn that abs!’ she thought to herself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Young Bae went inside the dresser. After a while, he went out freshly dressed, wearing a gray vest over a white tee paired with a black pants and shoes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She wanted to ask him to where he was going but she stopped herself as she shifted her gaze in the monitor.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I’m going out. Go ahead and eat first downstairs.” She heard him say coldly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His words felt like knives stabbing her heart painfully. He’s going out. Where is he going? To Jessica? Maybe. “Okay.” She said. She responded with all of her might.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Young Bae finally went out of their room, hot tears started pouring out of her eyes and came rolling down her cheeks. She admits that when Seung hyun cheated on her before it was really painful but right now she felt like she was feeling doubled up pain in the heart even though she is not sure yet whether her husband is really cheating on her or not.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Even though she still doesn’t have any proof of infidelity against Young Bae, it still hurts her big time. When will he really confess his love for her? Is she really waiting for nothing?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You really surprised me, man” Jiyong said to Young Bae. He called him to meet him in the bar. “It’s so sudden of you to ask out for a drink.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I wanted to cool my head down.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He gulped his drink hard before answering him. “I think she will never even learn to like me”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Bom? Why? I though you two are getting along just fine?” Jiyong asked him continuosly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“That’s what I also thought.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What really happened to the both of you?” Jiyong asked him again and Bae told him the whole story.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Maybe she was jealous because of Jessica?” continued Jiyong.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Youngbae shook his head. “Bom was not mad because she was jealous. She was mad because she got disturbed while working. She even repeated to me that our marriage is in papers only.” His jaw suddenly tightened. “It’s hopeless, man”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You know what Bae, you shouldn’t be here in the bar right now. Go home and talk to Bom. Well, that’s part of married life. Sometimes, both of you get angry but still at the end of the day, when evening falls you hug each other and hmmm…you know what I mean.” Jiyong said before laughing loudly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He gulped another shot of his drink. “We haven't consumed our marriage yet. We’ve never slept together since we got married.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jiyong’s eyes widened in surprise. “Are you kidding me, Bae?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I’m telling the truth.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“But you are staying in one room. Are you a freaking saint to be not tempted by your wife’s goddess-like beauty?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I really don’t know where the hell I am getting all of my self-control. If you only just know what I’m really going through. But I agreed to her about our marriage being only in papers and I’m keeping my words to show her how much I love her.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You’re killing yourself, Bae. Why don’t you just tell her how you feel?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I’m afraid that if I tell her how I really feel, she’ll drift herself away from me. I don’t want her to hate me.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jiyong could not do anything but just shake his head at his helpless love sick best friend.