The Truth

When I Fall

“Me? Falling in love with one of them?”

Junhee gave a simple nod.

“Hahahahahahahahahaha… You wish.” Hyunrin burst into laughter.

“Eh? It means you’re not?”

Hyunrin answered while holding her laughter. “I love them all as my oppa. Not more. Everybody knows that they’re not allowed to have a girlfriend, right?”

“Yeah, I know. But, don’t you have a secret feeling to one of them?”

Hyunrin blinked. Did Junhee just read her mind lately?

“You must be kidding. Hahahaha… As I told you, I love them as my oppa. Why? Are you falling in love with one of them?”

Junhee lowered her head, her face was totally red.

Hyunrin shocked. “Oh my Lord! Junhee-ah, really? Whoaaaa~ Who is he? Tell me! Hahahaha… Come on, tell me!”

“Promise me you won’t tell him.”

Hyunrin put her arm around Junhee’s shoulder. “Geez~ Of course I promise you. Come on.”

“Dongwoon oppa.”

Hyunrin felt a heavy stone fell on her head. “D-- Dong-- Dongwoon?”

Junhee lifted her head up. She looked a bit confused. “Y-- Yes. Why? Is that wrong?”

“N-- No.” Hyunrin stuttered. “I-- I’m-- I’m happy for you! Hahahaha…”

“Eh? What?”

“Dongwoon oppa is a nice guy, cute, adorable, and many more. Hahahaha… No wonder you love him.”

Junhee faked a smile, she realized Hyunrin’s reaction.

“Need some help from me to get closer with him?” Hyunrin winked happily.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, Hyunrin decided to go to 2PM’s dorm as she thought that it was so long that she never came to that place. She missed talking face to face with her brother.

Hyunrin knocked the door and not so long until someone opened it. Taecyeon.

“Whoaaaa~ Hi, Hyunrin!” Taecyeon hugged Hyunrin tightly.

“O-- Op-- Oppa. Ya! I c-- I can’t breath!”

“Oops, sorry.” Taecyeon loosened his grip. “Hahaha… I miss you so damn much! How are you? You look more beautiful today!”

“I’m feeling good, and you?”

Taecyeon smiled playfully. “Do I look like I’m having a bad day? Hahahaha… Oh, come in. Your brother is watching television right now.”

Hyunrin followed Taecyeon to the living room, all of 2PM members were gathering there.

“Hyunrin-ah!” Nichkhun yelled and hugged her. “Long time no see you. Aah~ Oh my God! I miss you so bad.” He kissed the top of Hyunrin’s head which made the other’s jaws dropped.

“Hey you, Thai Prince. Are you falling in love with Wooyoung’s sister?” Junsu asked while holding his smile.

Nichkhun slipped his arm around Hyunrin’s waist. “Am I not allowed to fall in love with Hyunrin?”

Wooyoung looked a bit confused, he just blinked a couple of times.

“Ahh~ This cow doll! Is this a cow doll I bought at the store when I was in Australia?” Hyunrin tried to break the awkwardness in this living room, she was hugging that doll happily now.

“Yes, it’s yours.” Wooyoung answered. “Hyunrin-ah, don’t you want to hug your brother?”

“I waaaaaannnnnttt~” Hyunrin sat next to Wooyoung then hugged him. “Oppa~ I miss you.”

Wooyoung was holding Hyunrin’s hands and looking straight to her eyes. “Don’t ever try lying to me. I know when you’re in trouble, when you’re sad, when you’re happy. But I never saw you falling in love with someone. And now…………………” Wooyoung looked around. “Let’s go to my room.”

Hyunrin followed her elder brother to his room, she still didn’t know anything.

“And now I see that face.” Wooyoung said when finally they two sat on his bed.

“What face?”

“You are falling in love with someone. May I know who is he?”

Hyunrin’s face burdened. “N-- No. I-- I’m not falling in love with someone.”

“Hahahaha… I’m your brother. I knew you.” Wooyoung kept teasing her sister.

“Oppa!” Hyunrin hit Wooyoung’s chest playfully.

“Come on, tell me. Who is he? Nichkhun? Dongwoon?”

“Neither.”

Wooyoung stunned. He knew the answer then, but he wanted Hyunrin to say his name with her own lips.

“Speak up.”

“You know him.”

“Who?”

Hyunrin tilted her head. “Should I tell you? I bet you know it.”

“Hyunrin-ah! Would you accompany me to go to art exhibition?” suddenly Nichkhun opened the door and entered the room, looked a bit confused. “Oops, sorry for disturbing.”

Hyunrin stood up and forced a smile on her face. “Oh, it’s okay. We’re done. When will we go to that exhibition?”

“Now.”

“Okay. Let’s go!” Hyunrin turned to face Wooyoung. “I’m leaving. Bye, oppa.”

Hyunrin and Nichkhun left 2PM’s dorm ad went to the exhibition. Fortunately, this exhibition was not for public, just for people who got the invitation. They were walking around, holding hands.

“Hyunrin?”

Hyunrin turned back and shocked. Junhee was standing with her jaw dropped. Hyunrin knew what thing that made Junhee shocked, so she tried to let Nichkhun’s hand off but he kept holding her hand.

“You… And… Nichkhun?” Junhee looked confused. “Y-- You guys are dating?”

 “No.”

“Yes.”

Hyunrin’s eyes widened as she heard Nichkhun’s answer. Did he just say yes?

Junhee snapped. “Ah! Arasseo! That’s why you said you love Beast as your oppa, no wonder if your boyfriend is Nichkhun. Hahahahaha…”

“No! Junhee, it’s not like that!” Hyunrin shook her head. She elbowed Nichkhun. “You must be kidding! You crazy, Thai Prince! I’m not your girlfriend.”

“You are.” Nichkhun stuck his tongue out.

“No! When did I say that I want to be your girlfriend, huh?!”

Nichkhun put his arm in Hyunrin’s waist. “Don’t be shy, jagiya. Just accept that. You’re my girlfriend.”

“Aww~ So sweet!” Junhee said, teasing Hyunrin.

Hyunrin pouted. “I’m single! I don’t have any boyfriend! And just for your information, I LOVE someone else.”

Nichkhun smirked. It was what he wanted. “Oh yeah? Who is he?”

“Doojoon op--.” Hyunrin covered with her hand, she just spilled her secret out.

“BINGO!!” Nichkhun and Junhee yelled and did a high-five.

“W-- What?”

Junhee smiled widely. “I knew you love Doojoon oppa. Your eyes told me everything.”

Hyunrin bit her lower lip, her face was totally red like tomato. “Don’t tell him.”

Nichkhun grabbed Hyunrin’s chin and lifted her head up. “Why?”

“Junhee-ah, it means you lied to me?” Hyunrin tried to change the topic.

“Lie about what?”

“That you love Dongwoon oppa.”

“I admire him. Hyunrin-ah, don’t change the topic. So, why do you want us to not tell him?”

“Let me confess it by my own lips. Deal?”

“Deal!” Nichkhun and Junhee said happily.

Hyunrin took a deep breath. She was sure she did a crazy thing.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next night, Hyunrin couldn’t sleep though it was 11PM already. Usually, she would call Dongwoon and asked him to sing for her until she fell asleep. But Dongwoon wasn’t here now.

Hyunrin grabbed her phone, checking her contacts. She decided to call Junhee then.

“Hallo.”

“Junhee, it’s me Hyunrin. May I sleep at your house? I’m bored here.”

“Oh okay, come on. I’ll be waiting here.”

“Thanks, Junhee.”

Hyunrin hung up the phone and got dressed. She called taxi and went to Junhee’s house. She found Junhee waiting for her in her balcony. Junhee waved her hand and gave a sign to wait. Not long after that, Junhee came and hugged Hyunrin.

“Let’s go to my room.” Junhee held Hyunrin’s hand and pulled her to her room. They sat on Junhee’s fluffy bed and they were telling their stories when suddenly Hyunrin got a phone call.

Hyunrin looked at her phone, blinking. “Doojoon oppa?”

Junhee smiled widely then shook Hyunrin’s shoulder. “Come on! Pick it up! Pick it up!”

“Hallo.”

“Hyunrin-ah! Oh my God, where are you? I checked your apartment but you’re nowhere to be seen.” Doojoon asked in a worry tone.

Somehow Hyunrin felt her butterflies flying in her stomach. “I’m at Junhee’s house. Dongwoon knows her address.”

“Oh okay.”

“Why?” Hyunrin couldn’t hold her smile, her heart was thumping like crazy.

“I miss you.”

Hyunrin wanted to explode as she heard those words. Doojoon missed her. Her.

“Come in. I’ll be waiting for you, oppa.”

“Okay. Please wait patiently. Bye, Hyunrin.”

Doojoon hung up the phone and Hyunrin blinked for a couple of times.

“What’s wrong?” Junhee asked.

“Doojoon oppa is coming. To your house.”