My Nightmare is Back

When I Fall

Three weeks passed since the first day Hyunrin came to Korea. A few days ago she got a homesick, crying all day long while hugging her favorite pillow. But since yesterday she felt better as Wooyoung and his friends came to visit her.

Hyunrin was lying down on her fluffy bed, thinking about what they talked about yesterday. “I remember they talked about Beast. What is that? Is it a monster or what?”

After thinking for almost an hour, she still didn’t get the answer. “Well, I don’t care about that Beast thingy anymore.” She stood up and remembered she promised herself that she would introduce herself to her neighbor.

Hyunrin knocked the door, playing with her hair while waiting for someone to open the door. Not so long until someone opened it. She looked up and her eyes widened as she saw a super cute guy was standing in front of her.

Silence for a while. Hyunrin blinked for a few times.

“Are you okay?” that guy asked her in worried tone.

“Y-- Yes.” Hyunrin tried to calm herself down from the sudden heartquake.

“Yoseob-ah, who’s that?” someone asked from the living room, walking towards oh-so-called Yoseob.

“I-- I-- I’m Hyunrin. Jang Hyunrin. Your new neighbor. I live in front of your apartment.”

Yoseob’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “YOU live in front of OUR apartment?! On the same floor with US?!” Yoseob asked in excitement.

“Y-- Yesss. Is-- Is that wrong?” Hyunrin stuttered, she didn’t know what to react. Did she just say something weird?

“Who are you?” the cool guy who came from the living room and now standing beside Yoseob asked harshly.

“Me? I said I’m Jang Hyunrin. I came from Australia a few weeks ago, I moved here because I wanted to continue my study in Korea.”

“Who is your family?” that cool guy kept asking Hyunrin, made her felt a little uncomfortable.

“Let her come in first, guys.” someone said in a polite tone from the living room.

Yoseob grabbed Hyunrin’s hand, pulling her to come in. “Guys, this is our new neighbor, Jang Hyunrin. She's pretty, isn't she?”

Hyunrin bowed and smiled brightly, made Yoseob smiled too. The cool guy sat beside a guy who was reading his book seriously, not paying any attention to what Yoseob said.

“Hyunrin, my name is Yoseob. The guy with a book is Dongwoon, he’s handsome eh? Hahaha… Junhyung beside him. Mm, and this is Kikwang, the one with the most tempting smile. And he is Hyunseung.” Yoseob said while pointing one by one of his friends.

Hyunrin pointed at the empty glasses on the table. “I thought you’re living with five guys.”

“Oh yes.” Yoseob looked around. “Where is Doojoon hyung?”

“He’s probably in the bathroom.” Dongwoon answered without moving his eyes from his book. What a nerd.

Yoseob sat on the floor and pulled Hyunrin to sit beside him. “Well, where were we? Oh yes, who is your family?”

“My parents passed away already. I’m Jang Wooyoung’s little sister. He is the stubborn one who bought me this apartment.” Hyunrin said innocently.

“Wooyoung? Jang Wooyoung? 2PM’s member?” Kikwang asked in a shocked voice and sat next to her. Hyunrin nodded.

Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Dongwoon followed. They all sat on the floor and made a circle.

“How old are you?”

“18. 19 in Korean age.”

“When’s your birthday?”

“February 14th.”

“Are you pure Korean?”

“Of course.”

“Can you speak English?”

“Fluently.”

“Where will you continue your study?”

“At Taehwang University.”

The boys made a ‘whoaa’ expression. Hyunrin still out of idea what was happening right now.

“Well, do you know 2PM?” Kikwang leaned his chin on his palm. He was totally curious about this girl.

“Yes. Nickhun, Wooyoung, Junsu, Junho, Taecyeon, and Chansung. Jaebeom left.”

Junhyung snapped twice, made Hyunrin looked at him. “Let me ask you. Are you beauty?”

“Since I’m a girl, yes I’m beauty.” Hyunrin rolled her eyes. The boys couldn’t hold their laughter.

“Do you really know nothing about us?” Junhyung asked and chuckled. “Where in the world are you living?”

“We are Beast. Our fan is called beauty.” Kikwang explained with his tempting smile on his face.

Dongwoon tilted his head and spoke in a flat tone. “So, it means you definitely know nothing about us?”

“I know you’re Beast. Wooyoung oppa told me a few days ago. But I don’t know anything about Beast thingy. Are you a group of something scary? Sorry I never paid any attention to kpop thingy. School was my priority.”

Kikwang sighed. “We are Korean boyband for exact. You’re so lucky that you can live as our neighbor. No wonder because Wooyoung did it. Don’t get me wrong, but we’re famous enough. We have a lot of fans. Sometimes they come here, stand in front of this building’s gate, and make a noisy voice when they see us. That’s why our management protects us so much. I thought you’re one of our fans, that’s why I was shocked knowing that you definitely know nothing about us.”

“Our manager never let us to get closer with someone even just for a talk, except the other celebrities and our family. I’m glad that finally we have a friend here.” Yoseob pinched Hyunrin’s cheek. “Call us oppa, okay?”

Just a second after Hyunrin nodded, Doojoon came out from the bathroom and he was totally shocked seeing a beautiful girl sitting in the living room with the boys around her. Dongwoon stood up and wrapped his arm around Doojoon’s shoulder. “Hyung! She is Jang Hyunrin, our new neighbor. She’s Wooyoung hyung’s little sister. Hyunrin, this is Doojoon hyung, our leader.”

Doojoon blinked for a minute, looking at Dongwoon-Hyunrin-Dongwoon-Hyunrin, then he walked to his room without saying anything.

Dongwoon raised his eyebrows and rubbing his neck. “What’s wrong with him?”

“Ignore him. Maybe he’s just tired. Our schedule forced him to work hard than before. I’m proud of him.” Yoseob answered.

Doojoon slammed the door behind him and laid on his bed. He covered his face with his hands and sighed. His heart ached. “My nightmare is back.”