Back Off

When I Fall

Dongwoon was walking around in the park when he saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench near him. He approached that person and raised an eyebrow when he saw who it was. “Wooyoung hyung?”

Wooyoung turned his head and gave Dongwoon a weak smile. “Good morning, Dongwoon.”

Dongwoon bowed and sat next to Wooyoung. “Ne, good morning. What brings you here, hyung? This park is quite far from 2PM’s dorm, right?”

“Yes.” Wooyoung let out a sigh then smiled. “Dongwoon-ah, I just want to be a good brother. That’s all.”

“Uh? What happened?”

Wooyoung lowered his head down and closed his eyes. “My sister’s love life is pretty complicated. I just… I-- I’m confused.”

“About?”

Wooyoung took a deep breath and turned his head to face Dongwoon. “You like my sister, don’t you?”

Dongwoon’s jaw dropped and he made how-do-you-know face. Wooyoung let out a chuckle then looked away. “So, Nichkhun hyung was right.”

“Did he know about this?”

Wooyoung laughed. “Of course. He is the master of predicting something.”

“Yes, that’s right. I’ve been falling in love with Hyunrin ever since the first time she stepped in Beast’s apartment. She’s so beautiful, I admit it. Seeing her smile is the most important thing I want to do everyday. But…”

“But what?”

“She’s Doojoon hyung’s girlfriend now. I have no right to show any feelings towards her.”

“As long as they haven’t said about the marriage, she’s ours. Hahahaha…”

Dongwoon smiled then looked at the blue sky and suddenly remembered about Kevin. “Oh hyung, may I ask you something?”

“Yes? What’s wrong?”

“Does Kevin… have any feelings towards your sister?”

Wooyoung looked up, joining Dongwoon to look at the sky. “Why? Is it bothering you?”

Dongwoon jumped out from the bench and his face brightened. “So it means that I’m right? Seriously?”

“Why? Why are you being so happy like this?”

“Hurraaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!” Dongwoon sang, jumping up and down. “I’m so happy, hyung!”

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?” Wooyoung tried to cover his face, he cursed Dongwoon for embarrassing him in public place.

“Kevin loves Hyunrin! I’m happy hearing that! Yippiieeeeeeeeee~”

“Why? Don’t you love my sister too? You should be sad hearing that you have another rival.”

“No! Don’t you realize how protective Kevin is? And he’s also a very very very nice boy. Hyunrin is kinda clumsy sometimes, and I’m sure Kevin is the best boy to handle it. They look cute together.”

“Why not Doojoon? You are his groupmate, right?”

Dongwoon sighed then pouted, sitting back next to Wooyoung. “I don’t know, hyung. I just… I-- I’m happy seeing Hyunrin with Kevin together. They look match. Seriously.”

Wooyoung opened his mouth only to close it again in a snap.

“Waeyo, hyung? Is there something you want to tell me?”

Wooyoung took a deep breath and started telling Dongwoon the whole story about Kevin-Hyunrin-Doojoon.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“No way! This one is better, oppa.” Hyunrin pouted then crossed her arms on her chest.

“Oh come on, you look childish with that shirt. This one is way better that that.” Doojoon handed her a pink shirt but she gave it back to Doojoon. “If you want that shirt, you should buy for yourself. I like this, oppa.”

“Why so stubborn, eh?”

“You are. I’m not stubborn.”

“Childish.”

Hyunrin stomped her feet and walked towards the changing room. She changed her clothes and wore her own shirt. She went out from the changing room and walked towards the cashier to pay for her shirt. “Thanks.”

She went out from that store, murmuring something. “Kevin would always agree about whatever I choose.”

“Kevin. Kevin. Kevin. Whose girlfriend are you? Me or Kevin?”

Hyunrin stopped walking and turned to face Doojoon. “Why, oppa? Do you have any problem with that? Kevin is my childhood friend you know. He is OUR bestfriend.”

“But--“

“But what? Are you getting jealous?”

Doojoon lowered his head down. “You are mine… and only mine, Hyunrin.”

Hyunrin took a deep breath, looking away. She nodded to herself and walked back to Doojoon. She hugged him tightly. “I’m sorry, oppa. I just… I don’t know. His name is stuck on my brain.”

“Hyunrin-ah.” Doojoon pulled away and grabbed Hyunrin’s hands. “You’re my girlfriend now. I don’t want you to think about someone else when you’re with me.”

Hyunrin held her smile and pinched on Doojoon’s cheek. “Aww~ Someone is being jealous. Ne, oppa. I’m not gonna cheat on you.”

“That’s my girl.” Doojoon hugged her and messed her hair.

They walked in to the coffee shop and got surprise when they saw someone familiar sitting on the corner, looked sad.

Both of them asked at the same time. “Kevin?”

Fortunately, their voices were loud enough to be heard by Kevin. He turned his head and smiled when he saw them. He gave a sign for them to come and sit with him.

Hyunrin ran to Kevin and hugged him like she hadn’t met him for years. “Keviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinn.”

Kevin hugged her back but pulled away in a second, smiling playfully. “Yah! You have a boyfriend already.”

“Who cares? Besides, Doojoon oppa is also your friend, isn’t he?” Hyunrin looked up and gave a cute smile to Doojoon. “You will never get jealous towards Kevin, right?”

Doojoon clenched his fist but tried to calm himself down. “No. Kevin is our bestfriend. Call me crazy if I’m getting jealous towards him. Hahaha…”

“Okay. That’s my boyfriend.” Hyunrin’s smile got wider and suddenly she kissed Kevin’s cheek. “My baby Kevin looks sad today. What’s wrong?”

“Yah! I’m older than you. You should call me oppa too.” Kevin pretended to angry, but actually his heart was beating faster because of Hyunrin’s sudden kiss earlier.

“No.” Hyunrin pouted cutely. “You are my baby Kevin. I don’t care if you’re older than me, you are still my baby Kevin.”

“Hyunrin-ah, Kevin is right. You have to call him ‘oppa’. You call Dongwoon ‘oppa’, right?” Doojoon butted in, starting to get jealous again.

“But I don’t want to. Kevin will never be a man, he will always be a boy. My baby boy. My baby Kevin~” Hyunrin wrapped her arms around Kevin’s neck and stuck her tongue out. “I will never call you ‘oppa’.”

Doojoon looked away. He couldn’t take this anymore. He knew Kevin had something towards his girlfriend.

“Oh wait.” Hyunrin pulled her phone out from her pocket and raised an eyebrow. “Huh? Whose number is this?”

“Just pick it up. Your ringtone sounds annoying.” Doojoon roled his eyes, earning a death glare from Hyunrin.

“Aish!” Hyunrin stood up and walked away, answering the call.

“So…” Doojoon looked straight to Kevin’s eyes.

Kevin sipped his coffee. “What, hyung?”

“Back off.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------