The Truth

When I Fall

Three weeks had passed and everything happened just like how it should be. Everyone was very busy with their own schedules. Even Hyunrin never met Kevin again since that party. Whenever she dialed on Kevin’s number, he wouldn’t pick it up. He replied her messages, but it took ages for him to reply it. Hyunrin sent the message in the morning, and Kevin would reply it in the evening.

“I bet Kevin’s very busy right now.” Hyunrin put her phone back in her pocket after sending a message to Kevin. She quickly hid herself when she saw Nichkhun walking out from her apartment building with anger on his face.

She walked in to her apartment but stopped in front of Beast’s apartment when she heard some voices were discussing about something. Something that kept mentioning her name.

She walked closer to Beast’s apartment door, trying to hear the clearer voice.

‘Wooyoung oppa? Doojoon oppa?’

She kept listening seriously but suddenly she gasped hearing what they were talking about. She felt her body stiffened and the door swung open after that, revealing Wooyoung who had what-are-you-doing-here look on his face. “Hyunrin?”

Hyunrin was taken aback and entered her apartment quickly. She didn’t even let Wooyoung to enter her apartment and explained anything. He kept knocking on Hyunrin’s door while calling her name.

“GO AWAY, OPPA!! GO AWAY!!” Hyunrin answered, tears were falling down on her cheeks.

“Hyunrin, please listen to me first.” Wooyoung’s knock was louder but still, Hyunrin didn’t open the door.

“No need to listen to you, oppa. Am I that easy for you so you could tell me lies? Huh? Is that so?”

“Hyun--“

“I trusted you, oppa. But why were you telling me lies?”

“Hyunrin, please open--“

“NO! Leave me alone here, oppa.” Hyunrin slid down, hugging her knees. “Leave me alone.”

Wooyoung took a deep breath and stepped back. He knew it was his fault to let everything turn out like this. “Mianhae~”

He walked away from Hyunrin’s apartment, ignoring Doojoon who kept calling his name.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yah! Kevin-ah, your phone is ringing. Come on, pick it up. Can you just set your ringtone to the lowest volume? It’s so loud!” Xander covered his ears with pillows and continued sleeping. He wasn’t being able to sleep for two days.

Kevin grabbed his phone from the kitchen table and pushed the ‘yes’ button without seeing who was calling. He put the phone between his ear and shoulder then started talking. “Yoboseyo~”

“Hyunrin knew everything.”

Kevin stopped stirring the soup and almost let his phone fall down. “W-- What happened?”

“She was eavesdropping when I was talking with Doojoon a few days ago.”

“Aaaahh! She must be very angry.”

Wooyoung let out a heavy sigh. “She exploded. She didn’t even let me explain anything.”

“I understand hyung. So what should we do now?”

“Do I look like I know, huh? If I knew what to do, I wouldn’t have called you. It’s your idea to hide it from her.”

“But I… just wanted her to be happy.”

“I know, I know. But this isn’t the right thing to make her happy.”

“Ne, mianhae~ It’s too late now, right?”

“Nothing is too late. I think you have to talk to her.”

“Is it possible? Doesn’t it just make it worst? I’m afraid she would be angrier than before.”

“Just try. A try wouldn’t harm, right?”

Kevin nodded. “I’ll try. Thanks for encouraging me, hyung.”

“Way to go, Kevin.” and with that, Wooyoung hung up.

Kevin put his phone back on the kitchen table again. He dipped the spoon in his soup and took a sip. “Eeekk~ This soup isn’t tasty anymore.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyunrin rolled here and there on her fluffy bed. She tried to sleep but failed. Something was bothering her. Her heart kept beating faster without any reason. ‘It’s so annoying when my heart keeps beating faster but I don’t know why.’

She finally sat up, messing her hair like crazy woman. She jumped out from her bed and looked outside from the window. It was already midnight.

Hyunrin smiled. After crying for almost a whole day, she was feeling better now. She grabbed her phone, turned it on, and read all the unread messages in her inbox.

“No message from Kevin. Have he heard about what happened earlier or not? Eerrgh! What a workaholic.”

Hyunrin threw her phone back to her bed and when it landed on her pillow, she heard it ringing. ‘Eh? Who is awake this late?’

She gasped when she saw who was calling.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------