Break Up

When I Fall

Dongwoon paced back and forth in the living room. He let out a sigh once in a minute. “This is hard.”

“What’s hard, huh?” Junhyung’s head suddenly popped out from the kitchen.

“A-- Aniyo. It’s nothing.”

Junhyung rolled his eyes then walked in to the living room, turning the television on. “If there was nothing, you wouldn’t pace back and forth like that. Babo magnae.”

“Yah! I’m not stupid. You are. Babo hyung.”

“Shikkeureo! Don’t you see that I’m watching television now, huh?”

Dongwoon sighed then sat next to Junhyung on the floor. “What are you watching, hyung?”

“U-kiss’ performance. Wow~ Kevin is a grown up man. He threw his girl-side away. But he still has that angelic face.”

“Hyung, are you being gay? Really?”

Junhyung smacked Dongwoon’s face with a magazine. “How many times should I tell you to shut up?”

“Yah! Do you like bullying your magnae, huh?” Dongwoon rubbed his head. “It's hurt.”

“That’s what you get for annoying me. Oh btw, Kevin is Hyunrin’s friend, right? I ever saw them walking together.”

“They--“

Yoseob suddenly came to the living room, screaming like crazy. “FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!”

“Yah! What are you doing, huh? Screaming your lungs out. You jerk. Go back to your room. Now! You’re disturbing us!” Junhyung yelled, kicking Yoseob’s .

“I’m happy! Happy! I’m soooooooooo happy!”

Dongwoon pinched Yoseob’s cheeks. “Hyung, are you having sugar rush?”

“Noooooooooo. I’m so happy, magnae!”

“What makes you happy?”

Yoseob held his smile. “We. Are. Free. Tomorrow.”

“REALLY?!” Junhyung and Dongwoon asked happily.

Yoseob nodded and his smile got wider. “Manager just called me and he said he wants us to get a day off before performing this saturday. He cancelled our street fanmeet tomorrow because he wants us to all out for our performance.”

“This is daebak! Hurraaaaaaaaaayyy!” Dongwoon jumped up and down happily.

“Kiddo, stop it.” Junhyung and Yoseob rolled their eyes and smacked Dongwoon’s head.

“Well, I’m gonna go get some ramen out there. Who wants to accompany me?” Yoseob asked while grabbing his jacket on the table. Both Junhyung and Dongwoon shook their heads. “Aish! Fine. Don’t ask me to buy ramen for you two.”

“We won’t. Bye~” Junhyung and Dongwoon smiled, waving their hands at Yoseob who was walking out from Beast’s apartment.

“So, where were we?” Junhyung turned the television off since the show was over. “Ah yes, they what?”

“Hyunrin and Kevin are childhood friends. They grew up together.”

“Oh I see. No offense, but they look match together. Seems like they never have any problem when they are together.”

“I think so. Actually… Oh, nevermind.”

“What? What did you want to say?”

“Nothing.”

“Yah! Magnae! How dare you to keep a secret from your hyung? Come on.”

Dongwoon bit his lower lip. ‘If I tell him, it won’t hurt anyone, right?’. He took a deep breath before telling Junhyung the true story about Hyunrin and Kevin.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Aish! How dare this person to call me this early?” Kevin sat up and grabbed his phone near his pillow, still not opening his eyes. “Hallo.”

“Wake up call~”

Kevin let out a chuckle then rubbed his eyes. “Hyunrin-ah. Don’t you know what time is it?”

“I don’t. Wae?”

“Aish! It’s still so early in the morning. I want to sleep~”

“Yah! What did you say? Early? Geez~ Open your eyes, Kevin! It’s 10AM already! Aish!”

Kevin opened his eyes and shocked. “Omo! You’re right! Ahh~ Maybe I was too tired. Hyunrin-ah, I want to sleep. Let’s talk again later. Ne?”

“Yah! I’m already in front of your front door. Go open it. Ppaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ I’m freezing here!”

Kevin walked out from his room, still talking on the phone. “You said that you don’t know what time it is but hell yeah you know it’s already 10AM. What a bad liar.”

“Yah! Ppali! I can’t take this anymore. It’s so ing cold.”

“Who asks you to come to my house without telling me before? If you told me, I would pick you up.” Kevin opened the door and saw Hyunrin’s pale face. “Stupid.”

Hyunrin hung up and suddenly hugged Kevin. She cried on his embrace, burying her face on his chest.

“Omo! What’s wrong?” Kevin tried to pull Hyunrin away but she kept clutching on his back. “Hyunrin-ah, what happened? Tell me.”

Hyunrin shook her head and kept crying. Kevin hugged her back and kissed the top of her head. “Fine. Just cry. I’m here for you.”

Hyunrin tightened her hug, crying louder in Kevin’s embrace. After a while, she finally stopped crying. “Sorry for making your t-shirt wet.”

“No. It’s okay. “ Kevin wiped her tears away and smiled. “Are you feeling better now?”

Hyunrin gave him a simple nod. “Thanks, Kevin.”

“You’re welcome. If you want to cry, just call me so you’ll have chest to cry on.”

Hyunrin smiled weakly. “Ne, arasseo.”

Kevin grabbed Hyunrin’s hand and led her to his room. He had a feeling that something bad happened to Hyunrin. He sat on the chair and Hyunrin sat on his bed. “So, what’s your problem?”

“I-- I want to break up with Doojoon oppa.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------