I'm Sorry

When I Fall

It was Kevin.

“I won’t pick it up.” Hyunrin crossed her arms on her chest and looked away. Her phone kept ringing, and slowly Hyunrin could imagine Kevin’s annoyed face. After 34 missed calls, she giggled and finally picked it up on the 35th calls, but pretending to sound like an angry girl. “What?”

“Hyunrin-ah, are you at your apartment now?”

“Yes.”

“May I come in?”

“No.”

“Hyunrin-ah~”

Hyunrin bit her lower lip, trying to hold her laughter. She could hear Kevin stomping his feet right now. “Why do you want to come here?”

“I need to explain something to you.”

“Explain what?”

“Can you please open your door and let me come in? I’m so tired after having many schedules today and I’ve been standing in front of your apartment for almost an hour!”

“No.”

“Yah! You’re so mean!”

“That’s how I am.”

“Fine.” Keving suddenly hung up.

“Yah! Kevin! Kev--“ Hyunrin starred at her phone. She had no idea why would Kevin hang up like that. It wasn’t like him. She knew it so well that Kevin wouldn’t give up easily.

Hyunrin kept thinking about Kevin for about ten minutes and ended up running towards her door and opened it, only to find nobody was there.

“So you were kidding, Kevin.” Hyunrin said to herself. She was about to close the door again when suddenly she heard a very familiar voice stopped her. “Ani.”

She looked up and saw Kevin holding a plastic bag. She almost smiled but suddenly remembered that she was in a mission. She pretended to be angry again.

“I just went to the cafetaria and bought some snacks for you.” Kevin pouted cutely. ‘Stop it, Kevin. Stop it or I would give up in any minutes.’

“Why don’t you just go home?” Hyunrin looked away, trying to ignore Kevin’s stare.

“Because I don’t want to.” Kevin answered, pouting again.

“Now I ban you for entering my apartment. Goodnight.”

“Fine. Then I’ll just eat these chocolates by myself.”

Hyunrin’s eyes widened when she heard ‘chocolates’. She had been starving since this morning and Kevin bought chocolates?

“Give it to me.” Hyunrin extended her hand.

“No. Let me come in first.”

“One pack of chocolate for one step.”

“Geez~” Kevin messed Hyunrin’s hair and handed her the plastic bag. “This is all for you.”

“Thank youuuuuuuuuuu~” Hyunrin suddenly forgot about her mission and wrapped her arms around Kevin’s neck, still holding the plastic bag. “Thank you, my baby Kevin.”

“Were you crying all day long? Your eyes are like zombie’s!”

Hyunrin pulled away and pouted. “You are zombie! Not me!”

Kevin rolled his eyes and walked towards the couch. He looked down, playing with his fingers. “Hyunrin-ah. Mianhae~”

Hyunrin put the plastic bag on the table and sat next to Kevin. She acted like she was angry again. “Explain it now.”

“I-- I just wanted to make you happy. I didn’t know that it would turn out like this.”

“Why did you have to lie? Why didn’t you tell me that it was you who helped me all the time?”

“You loved Doojoon hyung so much. He loved you too. I wanted the two of you to become a couple.”

“And then?” ‘Does he not know that I already knew the reason why he did this all?’

“That’s it. I just want you to become Doojoon hyung’s girlfriend. That’s what you wanted, right?”

“Uh-huh. And?”

“And what?” Kevin asked back, raising an eyebrow.

“Is that all?”

Kevin nodded, dumbfounded of what was happening. “Are you… still angry?”

Hyunrin smiled weakly. “I was so angry when I heard the real story. But now I’m fine. I feel nothing.”

Kevin mouthed ‘ooohh’ and remaint silent again. He kept looking down, playing with his fingers again. “Can we be friends again?”

“We are still friends.”

Kevin slightly nodded. He kept his head down, not saying anything.

“Do you want to stay here tonight?”

Kevin looked up and shook his head. “Ah? No. I have many schedules tomorrow.”

Hyunrin walked towards her apartment door and opened it. “Well, it’s already midnight. Why don’t you just go home now? Thanks for coming.”

“Ah? Ah, ne.” Kevin stood up and walked out from Hyunrin’s apartment, this awkward moment was really torturing him. “I’m leaving. Night~”

“Night.”

Hyunrin closed the door and her face brightened in a second. She screamed and kept jumping up and down in happiness. “This is just the beginning, Kevin. I’ll make you say that you love me. Hahaha…”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------