Surprise

When I Fall

“Good morning~” Hyunrin sang and walked towards Doojoon who was sitting on his hospital bed.

“Jagiya! Oh thanks God finally you’re here.” Doojoon said happily, extending his arms to hug Hyunrin.

“I miss you so bad, oppa.”

“Me too.”

Hyunrin pulled away first. “Why did you faint? Didn’t I tell you to sleep well and take your medicine, huh?”

“Do I look like I know? I can’t control my body you know.” Doojoon pouted.

“Aish! Don’t pout. You look weird when you pout. The only one who looks cute when pouting is Kevin. Hahahaha…”

Doojoon widened his eyes when Hyunrin mentioned Kevin’s name, but it seemed like she didn’t notice his anger.

“Oh oppa, look what I bring for you. Tadaaaaa~ Apple pancakes!” Hyunrin handed Doojoon the lunch box she was holding. Doojoon didn’t dare to ruin her happiness, so even he felt jealousy because of what happened earlier, he smiled and thanked Hyunrin.

Hyunrin sat beside Doojoon and laid her head on Doojoon’s shoulder. “When will you be able to leave this hospital, oppa?”

“Maybe tonight. Why?”

“Nothing.”

Doojoon sighed deeply before continued talking to Hyunrin. “Jagiya, do you remember everything about Kevin? Oh I mean did you ever forget him because of that car accident?”

“Huh? No. Never. I remember everything about him. But I disappointed that he didn’t care about me after that car incident. He even left me for a year.”

“What do you mean?”

“Ergh. Just forget it. I don’t want to remember my past life.”

Doojoon tilted his head. “But how could you forgot about me then?”

“That’s still a mystery.”

Doojoon mouthed ‘ooohh’ and nodded. “Well, at least you remember me now. And you’re mine.”

“Yeah~ That’s right. Past is past. Now I’m yours. You’re mine, oppa.” Hyunrin turned left to hug Doojoon tightly.

Doojoon hugged her back then closed his eyes. ‘Yes. You’re mine. I will never give you to someone else. Especially Kevin.’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kevin waved his hand when he saw Wooyoung entered the café. “Hyung! Here.”

Wooyoung turned his head and walked towards Kevin, smiling. He tapped Kevin’s shoulder twice before sat down. He saw there were already two cups of coffee on the table. “So, what do you want to say?”

“It’s about Hyunrin.” Kevin pushed a cup of coffee towards Wooyoung. "Yours."

“Thanks." Wooyoung sipped his coffee. "Go ahead.”

“I don’t think I can’t take this any longer, hyung.”

“W-- What do you mean?”

“You know how much I… love… your little sister, right?”

Wooyoung let out a heavy sigh. “Yes.”

“Am I still allowed to care about her? I know she is Doojoon’s girlfriend now.”

“They aren’t officially dating yet.”

“Soon.” Kevin sipped his coffee. “I-- I want to protect her again. I want to get closer with her again. I want her to realize my existence. I want her to see me. I want her to be mine.”

“But you are the one who told me to make her stay away from you. Why do you want Hyunrin to be yours in a sudden?”

Kevin lowered his head down. “I don’t want her to get hurt again.”

“Kevin, you make me confused. You are the one who asked me to support Doojoon hyung to be Hyunrin’s boyfriend. You are the one who made up all of Doojoon hyung’s mistakes to Hyunrin. You even told me not to tell Hyunrin that you’re the one who took care of her after that car incident. You are the one who asked me to support Doojoon hyung getting Hyunrin back. You always did everything to make Hyunrin see that Doojoon is the best for her. You did everything to make Hyunrin get closer with Doojoon. And when they finally became a couple, you want to take Hyunrin away from Doojoon?”

“I loved her. And I still do. I thought letting her get closer with Doojoon hyung is the only way to make her happy. But it’s totally wrong. Doojoon hyung hurted her.”

“I know. But please think about Doojoon hyung’s feeling if you steal Hyunrin from him now. He has already changed for Hyunrin. If you want my sister to be yours, you shouldn’t let her remember anything about Doojoon hyung. But the fact is you supported it. You asked me to tell Hyunrin that Doojoon is the only one who always helped her, which actually it was you. You even stayed away from Hyunrin for a year to make her think that she only loves and needs Doojoon.”

Wooyoung let out a deep sigh then sipped his coffee. “Kevin, you know I supported you more than I supported Doojoon hyung. You’re the one who understands my sister very well, you always treat her well, you never let her sad. You always did better than me. I even supported you to do that crazy plan, to make Hyunrin get closer with Doojoon hyung. Honestly, I know that her feeling towards Doojoon hyung is only an obsession. She wants to have him. And he also does. No pure love between them. Love with obsession isn't good at all. When you treat my sister, when she looked at you, I saw love. Kevin, I supported you. But now… I’m not sure. Both of you and Doojoon hyung are Hyunrin’s childhood friends. The three of you used to hang out together. So… I don’t want your friendship to be ruined just because of this love story.”

Kevin bit his lower lips, trying to not explode because of this problem. “So, do you want me to back off?”

“No. I didn’t say that. Don’t you see that she loves you too? She keeps treating you well though she knows that you didn’t care about her, which is totally wrong. She’s just blind. So please wait.”

“For how long?” Kevin looked so depressed.

Wooyoung smirked. “Until she realizes that the one she loves is you.”