I Won't Leave You

When I Fall

“Tadaaa~ This is my apartment.” Hyunrin smiled widely.

“You live on the same floor with Beast? Oh my God!”

Hyunrin burst into laughter. She didn’t expect that Kevin would react that way. “Why?”

“N-- No. It-- It’s just… I’m happy for you!” Kevin jumped up and down, smiling.

“Uh? Happy?” Hyunrin opened the door and walked towards her couch, tapping the empty space beside her. “Sit here.”

Kevin sat next to her and rolled his eyes. “Yah! Don’t tell me you don’t get it?”

Hyunrin just shook her head innocently.

“Listen. You love Doojoon hyung. He loves you too. Both of you are living in the same apartment building, on the same floor.”

There was a long pause before Hyunrin finally nodded. Kevin sighed and messed Hyunrin’s hair. “Well, I gotta go now. Bye, Hyunrin.”

“Why don’t you just stay longer here?”

“I need to take a rest too. I have many schedules tomorrow.”

“Oh yeah. U-Kiss thingy.”

“Why do you sound like you don’t like it?”

“I hate being number two.” Hyunrin pouted then crossed her arms on her chest.

Kevin shocked hearing her words. Did she just say about priority? “W-- What do you mean?”

“Wooyoung oppa always left me when he got a call related to 2PM. My mom always left me when she got a call related to her jobs. My dad also did the same. You know it, right?”

Kevin bit his tongue to hide his real reaction. He wanted to just hug Hyunrin and say that she would be his first priority. “So, what do you want from me?”

“Kevin, are you angry?”

“No.”

“You’re angry.”

Kevin closed his eyes. “Hyunrin, I said no.”

“But you look so pissed off.”

“I don’t”

Silence for a while. Honestly both of them wanted to say sorry but no one dare to speak. Kevin took a deep breath then lowered his head down. “Hyunrin-ah. Mianhae.”

Hyunrin turned her head and she felt something stabbed her heart seeing Kevin like that. She moved closer to him and hugged him. “No. It’s all my fault. I shouldn’t--“

Kevin cut her off. “No. You’re my bestfriend. I should make you as my first priority.”

“No, Kevin. No. I’m too selfish. It’s not your fault.” Hyunrin pulled away. “I-- I’m just… afraid.”

“Huh?”

“I’m afraid that you would leave me just like my parents. You, Wooyoung oppa, and Doojoon oppa are the best that I have now. I don’t want to loose any of you guys.”

“I won’t leave you. Though you force me to leave you, I won’t leave you. Please remember it. I’m your bestfriend, right?” Kevin smiled, caressing Hyunrin’s cheek.

She smiled weakly and nodded. “That’s right. You know what, when you left me a year ago, my life changed. It felt like I was in hell. A day without you was really driving me crazy. You are the one who understands me well, even Wooyoung oppa sometimes couldn’t know what I felt. Thank you.”

Kevin gave her a warm smile. “Hahaha… I’m just an ordinary boy, Hyunrin. Well, I think I better go now. Bye, Hyunrin.”

Kevin stood up and started walking out from Hyunrin’s apartment.

“Kevin.”

Kevin stopped his track and turned back. His eyes widened when Hyunrin suddenly hugged him again. He felt his heart beating like crazy, but he realized that Hyunrin already had someone else in her heart.

“Thanks.” Hyunrin said in his embrace.

“Hahaha… For what?”

Hyunrin pulled away and kissed Kevin’s cheek. “For tonight.”

“Huh? I didn’t do anything.” He let out a chuckle to hide his nervousness.

“Geez. Am I not allowed to thank my bestfriend for what he has done though it wasn’t something special?”

“Hahahaha…” Kevin pinched Hyunrin’s cheek. “Go sleep now. I think your brain is tired already, that’s why you keep saying nonsense.”

Hyunrin puffed her cheeks, earning a chuckle from Kevin.

“Well, goodnight.” Kevin waved his hand and pushed Hyunrin back to her apartment.

“Goodnight, Kevin. I love you.”

Kevin gave her a quick nod. “Mmm.”

Kevin walked out from the apartment building, clutching his chest. ‘Why does it feel like this?’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kevin entered his apartment only to be greeted by Dongho and Kiseop sitting on his couch. He sighed then walked towards them. He sat in the middle of them.

“Hyung~ How was it? How? How?” Dongho asked, his voice was full of curiousness.

“What?”

“Aish!” Kiseop rolled his eyes. “You just met your Hyunrin, right?”

“My Hyunrin? Hahahaha…”

Dongho gasped. “Don’t tell me she didn’t remember you.”

Kevin shook his head twice. “She remembered me.”

“Ahh~ No wonder, you’re the one and only who took care of her after that car incident happened.”

“Yah! Dongho! How many times have I told you to not speak about that again, huh?!”

“Kevin, calm down.” Kiseop caressed Kevin’s back. He didn’t expect that Kevin would be angry because of this.

Dongho bowed his head. “I-- I’m sorry, hyung. Sorry.”

Kevin took a deep breath and smiled weakly. “It’s okay. I should be the one who said sorry.”

“Kevin-ah, can you tell us why do you want us to keep silent about that?” Kiseop took a goat pillow on the floor and hugged it, waiting for Kevin to answer.

“I’ll tell you guys later.” Kevin rested his head on the head rest. “So, why are you here?”

“Eli asked us to tell you that tomorrow’s schedules have been canceled.”

“What? Are you serious? Why?”

“I don’t know. Our manager didn’t tell us anything about it.”

“Just enjoy it, hyung. Hahahaha… I’ve planned that I would play baseball all day long tomorrow.” Dongho smiled happily.

“Typical Dongho." Kiseop and Kevin said at the same time.

The three of them talked about everything like there’s no tomorrow. Kevin tried his best to not remember anything about Hyunrin and spill it out in front of Kiseop and Dongho, which he felt it was hard enough. He didn’t want these boys to jump into his problem. He didn’t want the others feel the pain that he felt. He wanted everyone to be happy.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wooyoung checked his phone. He raised an eyebrow when he saw a message from Kevin. He dialed in Kevin’s number after reading the message.

“Kevin-ah. What’s wrong? Why do you want to meet me?”

“Hyung, there is something that I need to say.”

“About?”

“Hyunrin.”

Wooyoung closed his eyes. He knew that this would happen. “Okay. Where?”

“Starbucks near your apartment. Now.”

“Okay. I’ll be there in five minutes.”