Tonight

When I Fall

“Kevin?”

“Yes?”

Hyunrin bit her lower lip then smiled weakly. “Mm… Nothing.”

Kevin stopped his track then turned his head. “What’s wrong, Hyunrin? Is there something that bothering you?”

“I-- Mm… Nothing. It’s nothing, Kevin. Trust me.”

Kevin pulled Hyunrin to the nearby bench and looked straight into her eyes. “I’ve been your friends since birth. So, what’s your problem now?”

“Ke-- Kevin, I’m okay. I have no problem this time.”

“You’re such a bad liar.” Kevin sighed then grabbed Hyunrin’s hands. “Please remember that you have me here to share any problem you get into, okay?”

Hyunrin didn’t know why but she felt calm with Kevin’s words. She just nodded then hugged Kevin. “Thanks, Kevin. You’re my bestfriend.”

Kevin pulled away first. He caressed Hyunrin’s cheeks with his thumbs. “Yeah. That’s what friends are for.”

She felt her cheeks went red but she tried to ignore it. “Oh, come on. It’s already 10.30PM now. Oppa must be waiting for us.”

Both of them stood up and continued their walk to 2PM’s dorm. Fortunately, before Hyunrin could knock the door, Junsu opened it. “Oh, Hyunrin-ah! Hi, Kevin!”

“Hi, hyung.”

“Hello, oppa.”

“Come in, Wooyoung is watching movie with the others. I’m gonna buy some snacks. I’ll be right back.” Junsu waved then left.

“Keviiiiiiinn~” Nichkhun sang as Hyunrin and Kevin entered the living room. He hugged Kevin and ruffled his hair. “Hello, pretty boy. Hahahahaha…”

“Eww~ Stop it, hyung. I’m a man. I have abs now.” Kevin pouted.

“But you still have that pretty face.”

Kevin rolled his eyes, earning a pinch on his cheek from Nichkhun. “Fine. Fine. Kevin Woo is a man. He is very handsome and he has abs.”

Kevin laughed. “Thanks, hyung.”

“Oh btw, what brings you here, Kevin?” Chansung suddenly spoke.

Hyunrin sat next to Chansung and grabbed a bowl of popcorn he was holding. “I asked him to accompany me.”

“Yah! That’s mine!” Chansung tried to get back his popcorn but failed. “Aiish! Wooyoung hyung, you have to buy me two bowl of popcorn tomorrow!”

“Why me?” Wooyoung turned his head and pouted cutely.

Chansung rolled his eyes. “Hyung, don’t make that expression. You look silly.”

“I’m cute you know. Right, Kevin?”

“Ne, hyung.” Kevin laughed slightly.

Everyone laughed. They continued watching movie but suddenly Hyunrin’s phone rang.

“Yobos--“

“HYUNRIN! WHERE ARE YOU?” Dongwoon, in the other line, cut her off. “TELL ME WHERE ARE YOU?”

“Me? I’m at 2PM’s dorm. Why?”

“Doojoon hyung… He… He…”

“OMO! What’s wrong with him?”

“He fainted.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“H-- How…”

“I don’t know. When I entered our apartment, I found him lying on the floor unconsciously.”

Hyunrin sighed. ‘I shouldn’t have left him.’

Dongwoon sat next to Hyunrin and put his arm around her shoulder. “Don’t worry. Everything’s gonna be alright.”

“Yeah. I hope so.” Hyunrin sighed again then closed her eyes. This day was too much for her.

“Here’s your coffee, Hyunrin.” she opened her eyes and saw Kevin smiled, holding two cups of coffee. She turned her head and saw Dongwoon holding his coffee already. Kevin handed her coffee then sat across her.

“A-- Ah. Thanks, Kevin.” Hyunrin sipped her coffee. She smiled realizing that Kevin still could remember her favorite.

“Hyunrin-ah, you can go home now. I’ll watch Doojoon hyung.” Dongwoon said.

“No. I’ll stay here tonight.”

“You don’t have to. You still have classes tomorrow, right?”

“You too, babo!”

Dongwoon laughed. “I was planning to skip classes tomorrow since I was too tired because of tonight’s event. And I think I’m really gonna do it because I have to stay here all night long.”

“Where’s the other members?”

“They still have some schedules. I’m the only one who is free after that charity event.”

Hyunrin nodded. “Well, if it’s okay with you, I’m leaving. Please take care of Doojoon oppa.”

Dongwoon smiled. He widened his eyes when Hyunrin hugged him. “You have to take care of yourself too, oppa.”

“Hahahaha… Ne.”

Hyunrin stood up and walked towards Kevin, only to find that he was sleeping already. She shook his shoulder gently. “Kevin. Kevin, wake up. Kevin, you can’t sleep here.”

“Mmmm…” Kevin rubbed his eyes and slowly opened it. “Ah, sorry. I fall asleep.”

“It’s okay.” Hyunrin smiled then pulled him up.

Kevin stretched his head. “I’ll walk you home.”

“No. I can go home by myself. I don’t want to bother you.”

“Hyunrin-ah, it’s almost midnight you know. I can’t let a girl walk alone in the midnight.”

Hyunrin rolled her eyes then sighed. “Okay.” She turned to Dongwoon and bid a goodbye.

Kevin smiled to Dongwoon and waved his hand before grabbing Hyunrin’s hand. Dongwoon felt something weird in his heart when he saw Kevin and Hyunrin holding hands. He was sure that it wasn’t jealousy. He was kinda… happy?