The Past

When I Fall

Nichkhun kept rubbing his temple while looking at his watch. “Why isn’t he here yet?”

“Annyeong haseyo, hyung.”

Nichkhun turned around and sighed in relief. “Finally you are here, Doojoon. I’ve been standing outside your apartment since two hours ago. Thanks God Hyunrin wasn’t here.”

“I’m sorry. I have so many schedules today. Sorry.” Doojoon bowed then stepped forward to unlock Beast’s apartment door. “Please come in.”

Nichkhun followed Doojoon and looked around Beast’s apartment. “Nice one.”

“Thank you.” Doojoon walked in to the kitchen then opened the refrigerator. “So what do you want to drink, hyung?”

“No, thanks.” Nichkhun shouted while turning the television on. “Your apartment looks spacious and clean. It’s totally different from ours. Hahahaha…”

Doojoon sat next to Nichkhun, offering a can of cola to him. “It’s just because of the other members aren’t here yet.”

Nichkhun was about to say something again when they heard someone rang the bell. “It must be Wooyoung.”

Doojoon stood up and opened the door, finding Wooyoung who wore casual clothes standing in front him. Doojoon could tell that Wooyoung wasn’t in a good mood right now.

“Come in.”

Doojoon led Wooyoung to the living room and sat next to Nichkhun again. “So, let’s start.”

“Well, I don’t like giving bull so I’ll just spill it out. Kevin likes Hyunrin. He loves her. He cares about her.”

Doojoon felt like his heart was being stabbed by a sharp knife just by hearing what Wooyoung had said. He already knew Kevin had something towards his girlfriend. “Really?”

“Yes.”

“Then what do you want me to do?”

“Let Hyunrin choose who the one she really loves is.”

“I’m sure it’s me. Kevin hasn’t done anything special for her.”

“Oh geez~ Don’t act like you don’t remember what Kevin has done for you in the past. He always helped Hyunrin and said that it was you who helped her. He was always being by Hyunrin’s side whenever she needed you. He is the one who made you and Hyunrin as a couple.”

“No. Hyunrin and I love each other.”

“Stupid.” Nichkhun suddenly spoke out of the blue. “You are just too obsessed to have her in your arms.”

“I am not.”

Nichkhun rolled his eyes and rubbed his temple. “Yeah I know you love her. But the way you show your love to her is kinda… weird. I don’t know you are like this, Doojoon. I’m disappointed.”

Nichkhun walked out from Beast’s apartment, leaving Wooyoung and Doojoon there.

Doojoon rested his head on the headrest and closed his eyes. Only sighs could be heard for a few minutes. “Do you want me to break up with your sister?”

“No. It would just make her sad. I just want you to tell Hyunrin the true story and let her decide. Tell her that it was Kevin who did everything for her in the past. Please be honest. Hyunrin doesn’t love a liar.”

Doojoon nodded. “So, Kevin loves Hyunrin. I love her too. I guess I know something that you don’t know.”

“What’s that?”

“Dongwoon also likes Hyunrin.”

“I knew it. Nichkhun hyung told me.”

Doojoon gave a how-did-he-know look and finally gave a single nod after a few seconds. “He is the master of predicting something.”

Wooyoung looked at his watch and suddenly stood up. “I gotta go now. I still have some schedules to do. Well, please do what I said to you.”

“Yes. I’ll try.”

Wooyoung’s eyes grew bigger as he saw who was standing in front of Beast’s apartment door. “Hyunrin?”

 

FLASHBACK END

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Let’s stay away from each other for a few days, oppa.”

“Why?”

“I just--“

“Is it because of what Kevin did in the past? Are you trying to say that you want to break up?”

“It has no relation with Kevin.”

“Hyunrin-ah, are you angry at me?”

“No.”

“Do you hate me?”

“No.”

“You forgave me easily?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“I don’t like hating people. So, see you next week.”

Doojoon let out a growl while covering his tired body with a blanket. He could still easily remember what Hyunrin said to him this morning. He grabbed his phone under the pillow and turned it on. He had been turning it off since four hours ago because he didn’t anybody to disturb him. “Uh? So many missed calls.”

His eyebrows raised a bit as he tried to remember whose number it was. He was sure he never knew that number. He shrugged it off and dialed on that mysterious caller’s number.

“Yoboseyo. Who are you?”

“Don’t you remember me, oppa?”

Doojoon gulped down. ‘Is it who I think it is?’

“Oppa?”

“Jihye?”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------