Chapter 9: Falling Deeply

Ulzzang's Love Story
(Luhan's POV) I decided to make french toast for the first time. My mom suddenly shouted, "Luhan? Its just 3:00 in the morning its too early. What are you doing there?" Shoot! I almost throw the oil. "Umma don't scare me with your loud voice. I almost got killed", after I said that I recieved a laugh. Wow she manage to laugh for goodness sake! "Lulu you're making some french toast, are you sick? Do you still remember when you failed your cooking class because of that toast?", yeah my toast are not perfect before but I promise this time I will make it better! After I've finished I gave her three breads. "Here umma taste it", she smiled at me and took a bite. "Woah Lulu this is the best!" I smirked then gave her a cup of coffee "See?? I told you. Okay umma gotta go!" I packed everything, ready to go. As I reached our university, I saw a big crowd shouting. When I got pushed by a big crowd infront I saw a slender figure. Oh it's Seohyun and??? Shoot what happened to her? I have to talk to her, she needs me. So I shouted as loud as I could "Hyun!" Everyone looked at me, geez this is so embarrasing. When my eyes met the person who was currently talking to her, my heart suddenly went down to its original position. He was holding a boquet of white roses, a very big teddy bear and he was kneeling infront of her. "Luhan?", she went near me but I ran. The french toast that I was holding fell on the ground. I ran as fast as I could, I don't know why I'm running the only thing that's in my mind right now is to escape the reality that could kill me. I stopped for awhile to gasp for air, she can't catch me now she's a slow runner. "Luhan ah!" shoot I better run now but before I move my right foot she shouted, "Go ahead go run but before that would you pls tell me the reason why?!", I turn around to face her "Juhyun, why did you follow me?" She smiled and move closer to me and said "Luhan I want to tell you something I--", but before she continue "Hyun I know you're happy right now because Kris is now here. I know that you missed him so much and I won't stop you for answering him again", she held my hands and looked close into my eyes "Luhan I don't wa--", but before she could finish I dropped her hands. "Hyun about what I said yesterday, it's not true. I don't love you and I never did. I just said that because I want to comfort you", her eyes were starting to shed a tear but she still manage to smile at me. "Luhan ah its ok, we can be friends right?", friends? That's the most painful word that speaks of the truth that she just treats me as her friend and nothing more. "Juhyun, I don't want to see you anymore. I don't want you to be my friend. I'm so sorry", her eyes were now filled with tears. I decided to give her my hanky but she slapped me really hard. "I hate you Luhan! Now I know that some people deserve to be hated because they don't deserve to be loved for they don't know how to love!", my eyes also started to water "Juhyun", but before I could grab her hand, she run away. She learned how to hate a person because of me. I also hate myself for making her cry. JuHyun I'm very sorry but this is more okay than to pretend to be your friend, pretend to be happy because Kris and you is happy now. I can't manage to smile whenever my heart doesn't want to. I will forever regret that I taught you a thing that will remain inside your heart, and that is hate. For now, I just want you to love him without worrying about me. I think I'm becoming more mature than I was before and that's because of you. Thank you JuHyun for being my inspiration, you will always be inside my heart. I chose to love you secretly and accept that you will never be mine.