I Love You, You Liar

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note

Just a quick update! This idea just popped into my head while I was surfing the web.. so I hope you like it ^^ Syerawr I hope you enjoy the story, don't forget to leave a comment on how you liked it. Gomawo!~ :) I'm super sorry for being slow >.< 


 Requested by: syerawr 

 Characters: Nicole (KARA) & Sunggyu (Infinite) ft. Gyuri 

            I watched as a wet drop rolled down the window, a low chuckle escaped my trembling lips. Outside the window was a clear sky and bright sun, casting it’s light on my face. I just didn’t want to admit to be crying again. Rather ironic how I see a happy couple walking by, smiling happily at each other without a single care in the world. I automatically shut the curtains in disgust. Now standing the darkness of my room, I slowly shuffled my way to my messy bed and lay down, placing my hands on my forehead. Staring at the white ceiling, the news that came to me yesterday didn’t seem to have hit me just yet.

“Nicole,” I noticed the hesitation in Gyuri Unnie’s voice. It made me nervous. “I have some bad news...”

“What is it?” I asked, even though I didn’t really want to hear it. She bit her lip and stared at me hard before taking a deep breath.

“He’s dead,” the seriousness of her voice made me want to pretend I didn’t hear correctly. I waited for a few seconds, hoping that she would crack a wide smile and tell me the real news.

“S-stop joking around,” I forced a laugh, punching her lightly. “Tell me the real news.”

“Yong Joo,” she sighed, shaking her head sadly. As soon as I heard my Korean name come out from , I knew she was serious. “I’m telling the truth, I’m sorry.”

I took a step back from her, holding my head in my right hand, “Bwoh? But I just talked to him a few days ago, there’s no way.” My pink lips trembled as I felt my face turn hot. The horrible tears began to threaten my eyes and before I knew it a tear roll down my cheek.

“I’m sorry, Cole-ah,” Gyuri came closer, locking me into a hug. With that single action, all the tears, that I was trying to fight back, broke free.

I slapped my head, trying to get the fact through my head but instead it didn’t hurt my head but stung my heart. Using the back of my palm, I wiped the tears in my eyes and sat up, staring at the cold darkness swallowing me up. I spotted the bright yellow envelope, lying on my desk with my cellphone placed on top. Getting up on my weak feet, I slowly walked towards my wooden desk and grabbed the envelope into my hands. My thumb smoothed over the inked writing on it, his writing to be exact.

“Open it once you feel ready, ok?” Gyuri placed the envelope in my hand, but I couldn’t see clearly because the combination of tears and puffy eyes don’t go well.

Biting my lip, I hesitatingly opened the envelope. The sound of paper ripping slowly filled my room; I took out the items inside it. The images of him and I before he was gone was now in front of me, I could outline each detail clearly without the help of a light. My lips curved into a small smile as I looked through the pictures, the wonderful memories stared back at me as if it was mocking me. One picture had us in the dance studio, practicing for an upcoming performance. His arm was around my shoulder casually as we did the peace sign for the picture. Next was a photograph of me crying on his shoulder with him trying to cheer me up. It was my birthday and my friends decided to pull a prank on me, leading to a crying Nicole.

I carefully opened the folded paper, staring at the familiar handwriting that I won’t be able to see anymore. A quiet chuckle escaped my lips; his handwriting was messy as usual.

Dear Nicole,

I know you must be angry at me, and maybe crying at the same time, I’m sorry.. I’m sorry I couldn’t fulfill my promise to you; I couldn’t perform at the same stage as you again. For lying to you on how the treatment was going. Remember on Monday you called me, asking how I was going? I told you I was getting better, that I might be able to get up on my feet and perform with you again.

I’m sorry, I lied.

I was actually on my 3rd to last day till my line stops. The surgery didn’t do much to my state, instead it made it worse. I experience even harder breathing, heart aches, and tremendous amount of pain that you could ever imagine. But I couldn’t tell you this because if I did, I knew you would stop doing what you love and showcasing your gorgeous smile. So I told everyone to keep quiet, so I wouldn’t see that glint of worry from your sparkly chocolate eyes.

“You never run out of miles. You never run out of time. It’s never too late.”

I love you.

You were the main reason why I stayed this long in the world. Knowing I would die anytime, I could’ve cut my line right away but I didn’t, because of you. Your bright laughter and smile made my heart light when I was having a hard time. The warm arms that always hugged me whenever I needed someone to, it was always you. When I first performed a simple song with you in the crowded Seoul streets that was when I knew I wanted to be a singer like you. So I could stand on the same stage as you, where you look the best. That happy smile and soothing voice, it captivated me in a single second. I wanted to tell you these feelings before I leave, I could already feel my heart slowly dying off as I write this.

I have probably left this world already once you read this, but I wish for you to be happy and always smile. You’ve always told me that you didn’t like your smile, saying it looks weird. But the fact is it did so much for me, so how does it look weird? You are beautiful inside and out. Your eyes that turn into moon crescents and bright aura that you boost, it’s breathtaking. Your caring, cute, and dorky personality is loved by everyone, not just me. Sometimes I get jealous whenever you’re surrounded by people, I would always think “That’s my Nicole, get away..” After thinking about it, I sound like a jealous child..

I’m sorry for doing this..

I love you, Jung Yong Joo.

Love,

Sunngyu 

~ Always smile ~

My mouth dropped once I finished reading it, again tears streamed down my cheek, instead much harder. I collapsed onto the floor, my legs feeling weak and letter still in my hand. The bright light crept into my room, going through a small crack between the curtains.

Sobbing hard, I muttered through my tears, “I love you, you liar.”

--- 2 Years Later ---

The screams from the numerous fans, mix of females and males, ringed my ears once my brown high heels hit the stage. Waving happily to the crowd, I took a seat at the long black clothed table with a black sharpies set neatly at the edge. I blew strands of my chocolate brown hair away from my face, my fingers pulling the cap of the pen onto the end. My eyes set on the long black haired female that was wearing a Kamilia t-shirt and a pair of blue shorts, come towards me shyly with a poster in one hand and a camera in the other.

Bowing my head a little, a smile curved onto my lips as I greeted her, “Annyeonghassyeo.” She handed me the poster, which I carefully placed on the table and placed the end of my pen on it.

“Y-you’re smile is really pretty!” that single compliment from the female made me smile widely, showing my pink gums and straight, white teeth. After all that was my favorite compliment, everyone knew. 

“Gomawo,” I said, folding my hands together and waving them up in the air.

Finished autographing the poster, I added one last thing:

~ Always Smile ~