One, Fine Morning

Daddy And Mommy

 

-Seunghyun pov-

 

“Daddy.”

 

I spun around as I felt a light tug on my sleeve. I looked down and saw a little boy who was looking up at me. Arching my eyebrows, I looked around to see whether there is someone else here apart from me. I squatted down and looked around again before I started asking him a few questions.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Yoogeun.”

 

“Where’s your mom?”

 

“She told me to stay with my daddy.”

 

“Who’s your daddy?”

 

“You.”

 

I shot him a look of disbelieve. What does he mean that I’m his daddy? I’m a bachelor!

 

“Uh kid, maybe you got the wrong guy. You see, I’m a bachelor, single that is. I don’t have a girlfriend or a wife.”

 

“But mommy told me that you’re my daddy.”

 

Okay, this is not cool. I never date a girl before so I don’t think this is some kind of revenge or an evil plan. Oh wait, why did I even think of that? Ugh okay-okay. Maybe this is some kind of a joke or something.

 

I shook my head, “Where’s your mom anyway?”

 

“She said she doesn’t wanna look after me anymore so she dropped me here so I can live with you.”

 

Live with me? Is this for real?

 

“Okay, what’s her name?”

 

He shrugged, “She never told me.”

 

I went silent for a moment. Okay, let me get this straight. An unknown woman dropped her son here and nonchalantly said that I’m her son’s dad and disappear after that because she doesn’t wanna look after him anymore. Or does she disown him?

 

What a poor kid.

 

I felt sorry for him though. He won’t stop looking at me. Huh, I can’t just leave him here all alone. I mean, there’s no way I’m gonna leave him. I’m a responsible man. A man who-

 

“Daddy…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’m hungry.”

 

I scratched my head. Well, I guess he’s my responsible now. I can’t believe that his mom would disown such a cute kid like him.

 

Yoogeun blinked a few times as he keep on staring at me. I fished my phone out and send a text message to one of my colleague, Seungri, telling him that I’ll be a bit late for work.

 

“Okay,” I put my phone back inside my pocket, “Come on.”

 

I carried Yoogeun in my arms and brought him to my apartment. I was supposed to be off to work by now but a kid who claimed me as his dad stopped me. Great, just… great.

 

I walked towards the elevator and saw Mrs. Park who was taking her dog for a walk.

 

“Oh, you’re not going to work?” She asked.

 

“Daddy, I wanna pee.”

 

Yoogeun cuts me off before I could say anything. Mrs. Park quickly turned her attention to the boy in my arms. She praised him as she caressed his hair.

 

“I didn’t know that you’re already married.”

 

“I-huh?”

 

She smiled, “Where’s your wife?”

 

“My… wife?”

 

“Ooh, he’s such a cute boy. What’s his name?”

 

I gave Yoogeun a quick glance and replied, “Uh… Yoogeun.”

 

“You are adorable!” She pinched his cheek.

 

Before things started to get worse, I excused myself and rushed towards the elevator but I unfortunately bumped into Hyori, the loudest girl in the building.

 

“Hey bro!” She punched my arm lightly and looked at Yoogeun, “Why, hello there little guy, is he your brother?”

 

“Um-”

 

“He’s my daddy.”  Yoogeun said while wrapping his arms around my neck.

 

“Woah! Really? I didn’t know that you’re married!”

 

“Shush! You’re noisy,” I hissed, “Keep it down will you?”

 

Hyori folded her arms and looked around, “Where’s your wife?”

 

Okay this is worse. Quick Seunghyun, think up of a distraction!

 

“Look, flying old dude with a mustache!” I pointed at the sky.

 

“Where? Where?”

 

I quickly crept towards the elevator, pushed the button, gets in and pushed the ‘close’ button repeatedly.

 

“Hey, I don’t see any flying old dude with a mustache anywhere!”

 

I let out a sighed and ignored her yapping. Once we reached my apartment’s floor, I took my key out from my pocket as I get out from the elevator. I turned left and paused in front of my door and unlocked it. I closed it using my and went to the living room to put Yoogeun down.

 

“Look,” I started, “You shouldn’t call me daddy in front of everyone.”

 

He blinked, “Why?”

 

“Cause I’m not married yet. It’ll be weird.”

 

His eyes started to get teary and big, “You… don’t wanna be my daddy?”

 

Oh no… no, don’t cry now. Please don’t.

 

“I- of course I wanna be your daddy!” I grinned, hoping that he would smile.

 

He rubbed his eyes with his hands, blinking a few times before flashing me a smile.

 

Whew, now that’s was close!

 

“I love you daddy.” He cupped my face and gave me a kiss on the lips.

 

His very action makes me speechless. It makes me feels loved and warm inside. He is… adorable… and… lovable…

 

I watched him as he puts his bag pack down. He took out his car toy and started to play with it. But not long after that, he got up and asked me where the bathroom was. I lead him to it and he went inside on his own and closed the door as well.

 

Huh this kid. Why did you even do that to me? Now I feel like keeping you and become your dad.

 

‘Ding-dong.’

 

Now who could that be?

 

I opened the door and not surprised to see Jiyong, my best friend. Why? Cause I already know the reason why he went here… with that bag.

 

“Man, I am not going to find another job again!”

 

You see, he would always comes here whenever he got fired cause his parents won’t stop nagging at him. Seriously.

 

He would stay here with me till he finds another job and then he would move back in to live with his parents. He left his bag at the living room and went to the kitchen, rummaging through my fridge. He grabbed a carton of apple juice and chugged it happily.

 

Me, who was leaning against the counter won’t keep my eyes off him. And at the same time, I kept thinking of Yoogeun.

 

I bit my lips as I think of something…

 

“Ji.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Okay, just say it dude. He’s the only one who can save you.

 

“What?” He asked after he’s done with the apple juice.

 

I approached him and started to tell him about Yoogeun. In response, he only nods and gave me a questioning looks.

 

“So he’s with you now?”

 

“Yeah and I have a favor to ask.”

 

“Spill it.”

 

I looked at him pitifully and said, “Would you be his mom?”

 

“Say what?” He said half shouting.

 

“Look, I’m a bachelor and you know that. Won’t it be suspicious and weird for me to carry a kid who called me daddy?”

 

“Find a girl to be his mom then!”

 

“Dude, I can’t just walk up to some random girls and ask them to be Yoogeun’s mom!”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes as he hissed in annoyance. He’s not a cold and mean bastard as you think he is. He’s a loving guy who has a warm spot for kids like Yoogeun.

 

He sighed, “Fine, I’ll be his mom then,” He eyed me, raising his eyebrow, “That’s mean I’m your wife then?”

 

I shrugged.

 

“Great. I got fired and now I’m married and already had a son.”

 

I patted his shoulder and asked him to follow me. Yoogeun, who happened to be already out of the bathroom, was sitting on the couch as he watched a cartoon show. Jiyong looked at him with his lips jutted out. I took a seat next to Yoogeun, patting his head lightly to catch his attention.

 

“Yoogeun,” I smiled, “I got you a mommy.”

 

Yoogeun looked at me then at Jiyong. He blinked his eyes a few times and smiled, “She’s pretty.”

 

Jiyong chuckled and soon, burst out laughing, “I’m a boy son, but thanks anyway.”

 

“Are you gay daddy?”

 

“Wha-what?”  I said, almost choking on my saliva.

 

Jiyong on the other hand, keeps laughing his off. He then approached us and sat beside Yoogeun, “Me and your daddy here are friends. He just needs my help to take care of you and uh… to avoid gossip from spreading,” He rubbed his chin, “Yeah… gossip.”

 

“What’s gossip?”

 

I clapped my hands, “Okay! Now that we’re a family now I need to talk to your mom privately.”

 

I shot up, grabbed Ji’s arm and dragged him into the kitchen.

 

“What?”

 

“Okay, listen. Since we’re a family now, I want you to buy some women’s clothing and a wig. I’ll give you money to buy some okay?”

 

He folded his arms, “You expect me to dress up as a girl?”

 

“Well yeah! Who wouldn’t?”

 

He went silent for a while. He took a peek at Yoogeun with sympathetic looks. He then turned to me and nodded in agreement.

 

I hugged him, “You really are a friend, thanks bro!”

 

I pulled away, took out my wallet and gave Ji some money. He gladly took it and put it in his pocket. I went out of the kitchen and headed for the door to go to work.

 

“Where are you going daddy?” Yoogeun tugged my shirt.

 

I looked down and smiled, “Daddy gotta go to work so you stay here with uh… mommy, okay?”

 

He nodded. I opened the door and closed it. I took a quick glance at my wristwatch and damn! I’m late for work.

 

I better hurry.

 

-End-