Hard Work

Waiting For You

There wasn't one day Seunghyun went without missing Jiyong. It had already been five weeks into his service. He was only now getting out of training to be assigned to a base. Training had been hard, a lot harder than what he had originally thought. How was he supposed to deal with two years of nothing but work? Leaning back against the hard seat he was sitting in, Seunghyun rolled his shoulders. All of his muscles ached and he was tired. Maybe being assigned to a base would be better than training.

Seunghyun was wrong. He got put in one of bases that was unanimous among the soldiers to be harder to live in. It was in the mountainous range in eastern Korea, along the Armistice Line. He had heard stories of bases placed along the Armistice being rough, soldiers having to patrol in the blistering cold and through unmarked mine fields. It would be okay though,as long as he knew Jiyong was safe,he wouldn't worry. Before being assigned he got a letter from Jiyong. Seunghyun hadn't opened it,waiting until his plane ride to the daunting base ahead of him.

Opening the letter as he relaxed back in the plane's seat, Seunghyun quickly opened the letter. As he went to take the letter out a small necklace fell out. It was a gold heart locket and when T.o.p opened it there were two pictures of him and Jiyong together. One where they were kissing and the other when they were hugging. It was a cute gift,and Seunghyun felt his eyes cloud with tears. Jiyong had taken his time to do this. How was the shorter man fairing back at home? He wondered that endlessly everyday even when he was supposed to be doing drills.

Pulling the letter out of the envelope, Seunghyun glanced around quickly. Everyone else that being deployed to the same base were all slightly older or younger than him. None of them were all that friendly so the last thing he needed was one of them seeing him cry over a letter. With the satisfaction that no one was watching him, Seunghyun smirked. The page was blotted with small marks where tears had dried. So he cried while writing this... That kid is just to much.

Seunghyun

I miss you so much! It's really quiet around here,and it gets really boring. I've tried to take your advice Seunghyun. I know this isn't what you want to hear but Seungri has been spending the nights here. Nothing's going on,so don't get to worried,baby. How's the military been? I hope it hasn't been to hard on you. When you get back I want you to be the same as you were when you left. Stone cold to everyone else who gets near me and a giant softy to me. That's one of the things I miss about you. Your overprotective attitude always kept me safe from harm,and from other people of course. Seunghyun,please stay safe. I want to hear your laugh and your deep voice again.Come home soon! Love you!

Jiyong

Seunghyun smiled,amused at how Jiyong had tried to keep his message upbeat when he had been crying. He didn't like Seungri being around,though. The only reason he was with the shorter man now was because Seungri broke up with him. Clenching his jaw, T.O.P slipped the letter into his jacket's pocket.He would read the letter many times,he was sure of that. When he was at the base,maybe he'd be able to write back in between his patrols.

He had a lot of time to think as one by one his fellow soldiers started falling asleep,leaving Seunghyun in a peaceful silence. He should have gone to sleep. He just couldn't will himself into it. Not with Jiyong on his mind now. Running his thumb across the locket, he flipped it open again. Seunghyun loved it. He felt like a piece of Jiyong was closer to him,cheering him on.

Seunghyun would need it. The hard work was just beginning.

 

__________________________

Chapter 3~ This was actually a lot easier to write than I expected. It's a little short but the next on will be longer,I promise! Hope you guys enjoyed C: Oh and thank you to all my lovely subscribers and the people who commented on this story. I really appreciate it.