Promises

Waiting For You

How many days had it been now? Two? That meant Seunghyun still had three days to spend until he had to go back to his base. Wiping steam of the mirror in front of him, Seunghyun stared back into his own dark eyes. Recently, he found it hard to look into the mirror. To look at his own face. To look into the face of a man who let a kid die.

Shaking his head,Seunghyun pulled a tank top on quickly. He didn't want to even think about Jae-Hwa. Seunghyun didn't want to but, slowly his thoughts travled to that moron kid. The months he had been in there, Jae-Hwa had reminded him so much of Jiyong. It was like a little piece of his ex had been placed in the kid just so Seunghyun wouldn't feel so lonely. In the military, not much happiness was offered. But,seeing Jae-Hwa do stupid little things that Jiyong would have done made the loneliness bearable.

"Hey,Seunghyun." Jae-Hwa greeted cheerfully,coming up behind the older man. Seunghyun was on post,watching the mountains for anything "Suspicious". Nothing ever went wrong so the rapper often would stand and daydream about home.

"Jae-Hwa, how many times have I told you not to do that?" Seunghyun sighed, startled when the younger had spoken. He flipped the golden heart locket open again,smiling at the two little pictures in it.

" OOOO~ Is that your boyfriend,Seunghyun?" Jae-Hwa said,grinning widely. He was peeking over T.O.P's shoulder,interested in what had the man so distracted.

Seunghyun jerked away, flustered by the question. The pictures did give away quite a lot,they were hugging and kissing in them after all. Seunghyun, had never even brought up that he was in a relationship with the younger though.

"I guess he is." Seunghyun answered back mildly,running his thumb over the smooth surface of the locket. He glanced at Jae-Hwa out of the corner of his eye,taking note of the sweet smile on the kid's face.

"Is he nice?"

"He's more than nice,Jae-Hwa. He is one of the kindest people I have ever met. He's caring and always there for me when I need him. I just wish he'd admit we're a couple. Even if he doesn't...If I'm going to be honest...I love him." In just a matter of seconds,Seunghyun had given away nearly all of how he felt away to this kid. Oh, why had it been so easy for this kid to lodge himself into Seunghyun's heart?

"I think I would like to meet him,hyung. After we're both done...Can I come with you? You've become kind of like my dad,and I would like to meet the guy who makes you so happy and emotional. It's been awhile since I've seen you smile so happily. And,a simple picture had been able to do that. Promise me you'll take me to meet him,Seunghyun. And...Promise me you'll never stop loving him. No matter what,hyung. If he makes you this happy,you need him in your life. Even when I don't know you anymore or when you forget about me,Seunghyun. Love him. Love him always. I'm sure he loves seeing that smile just as much as I do."

Seunghyun had stood there and stared at Jae-Hwa, to surprised to say anything. For such a young man to say such things,it touched him. Blinking his eyes, T.O.P smiled back at Jae-Hwa,ruffling the kid's hair.

"Of course you can come meet him." Seunghyjn agreed,nodding his head. When Jae-Hwa batted his hand away with eyebrows raised, Seunghyun rolled his eyes. "Okay, I promise that you can come meet him and I promise that I'll love him forever. Happy?"

"Sure. Just remember your promises,hyung."

"I will. Jae-Hwa if it's the last thing I do. I'll keep my promises."

Seunghyun cursed under his breath,slamming his fist into the mirror in front of him. He had broken his promises to Jae-Hwa.  The one thing he said he wouldn't do. T.O.P could feel the tears streaming down his face. Between the inner turmoil and the pain in his hand from the shattered glass, Seunghyun couldn't keep his pain bottled inside anymore.

Trying to remain quiet,Seunghyun pressed his hand to his mouth. He watched himself in the shattered remains of the mirror,dark eyes quickly looking away as he felt himself starting to cry harder. He was breaking down completely. No matter how much Seunghyun denied it,he had broken his promises.

"I'm so sorry,Jae-Hwa." Seunghyun sobbed,chest heaving and voice cracking. After trying to keep it in, all of Seunghyun's loneliness and sadness was coming forward.

"I guess I won't be able to meet your boyfriend." Jae-Hwa whispered,voice weak and shaky. Seunghyun sat beside his hospital bed,getting ready to leave to go back home to Jiyong. To everyone's surprise, Jae-Hwa had remained living for the two weeks after the accident.

"No. Don't say that Jae-Hwa. You'll be able to meet him." Seunghyun assured,brushing Jae-Hwa's hair back. The kid had been the only one who kept his hair slightly longer than the rest of them. Seunghyun was finally starting to notice all these things. The way Jae-Hwa's eyes closed whne he smiled and laughed, the way he would do stupid things to just make him smile. Jiyong would have loved this kid. Jiyong would have loved everything about this kid.

"Seunghyun. Please. Stop trying to tell me I'm okay. Go on and continue loving Jiyong." Jae-Hwa whispered,tears coming from his remaining eye. Using his only hand left, the younger man gripped Seunghyun's hand tightly. "  If anything,do it for me Seunghyun. I can't meet your boyfriend but, I'm sure he loves you as much as I have grown to love you as a father. Don't break your promises.Even when you forget about me and when I'm long gone. Don't break your promises to me Choi Seunghyun." Jae-hwa's hand slipped out of Seunghyun's own,all energy drained from his body. However, a cheeky smile was on his face.

Seunghyun smiled as tears leaked from his eyes. This kid. Smiling back, T.O.P leaned down and placed a quick kiss to Jae-Hwa's forehead. The tears didn't stop even as Seunghyun got up and moved to leave. Stopping in the doorway, he glanced back at Jae-Hwa. He was laying there,smiling with tears coming from his eyes.

"I love that smile,Seunghyun hyung. Please don't ever lose it."

Seunghyun continued crying, eyes clamped shut. Only now he started to realize the arms embracing him from behind. He didn't know how long it was he savored the warmth and comfort he got from Jiyong,feeling the shorter man's face pressed into his back. Slowly,the tears stopped coming and he got the chance to turn and look at Jiyong. The younger man was crying himself,eyes puffy and red.

"It's okay,Seunghyun. I'm here for you." Jiyong assured wrapping his arms tightly around him again. He could feel the wet splotches the tears were leaving on his tank top. He had stopped crying himself but, it seemed JIyong needed comfort now.

Hugging the smaller man back, Seunghyun rocked with him gently,smiling up at the ceiling. He would try from this point on. He would keep his promises to Jae-Hwa.

I'll try kid. I'm really going to try. I'll keep my promises. However, I'm not going to forget about you or the stupid thing you did. You moron.

 

_________________________

Guys, I'm like crying so hard right now ;__; It was really hard for me to write this chapter,that's why it's like a day late. The next chapter will either be out tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks for commenting and subscribing. Don't hate me to much for this.