What Would I Do Without You?

Waiting For You

"Come on! It's a shortcut,hyung! It'll help us patrol faster!"  The youngest called to Seunghyun,prancing around him in a circle. The kid was only eighteen, joining the military quite young. Only the legal age four months ago. He was goofy and Seunghyun and him made friends quickly, the kid's bouncy attitude reminding him of Jiyong back home.

"No. It could be dangerous." Seunghyun refused,gun hanging over one shoulder. His breath came out in small puffs, the cold air making it visible. It was barely six in the morning. Seunghyun, this goofy kid, and a few younger squad members got morning patrol. He didn't mind. This idiot of a solider helped wake him up. They were told to travel a very specific trail and he would rather not have the kid running off into an uncharted field.

The younger man scoffed,breath coming out in a cloud. "Hyung,please. Stop worrying so much." He said, smiling brightly. This kid...Could he get any stupider?

Seunghyun shook his head,glancing back to look at the rest of the squad. There were five of them in total. They were all tired but, the ones in the back were lagging the most. Of course he would get stuck with the rag tag bunch of kids. As he turned back around, his dark eyes widened. The youngest was running off, laughing happily. Without thinking, Seunghyun went running after him. His only thought was to stop this kid before he ended up hurt. Blood pounding in his ears, he vaguely heard the rest screaming after them and following.

"Jae-Hwa! Stop!" Seunghyun screamed as he sprinted after the kid into the clearing, boots kicking up dirt. As he ran after this kid, Seunghyun slowly started noticing the small mounds of dirt randomly covering the field. "Jae-Hwa!" The final scream ripped from his throat as he fell to the ground, booms and bangs coming from behind him. He must of hit his head because, he woke up nearly five days later in the hospital.

Dark eyes flickering open, Seunghyun felt his chest grow tight as he stared over at Jae-Hwa, who's bed was beside his own. He felt like crying himself seeing how hurt the younger was. Most of it was obvious. He had bandages wrapped around a stump left of his arm and his right leg was bandaged as well. There was bandages wrapped over Jae-Hwa's left eye. It seemed pretty apparent it was either damaged or gone. However, the most worrying was how bruised the kid's mid-section was. They were dark colored bruises and looked like they were covering where his right lung would be. The worst thing though, was how hard the kid was crying.

Jae-Hwa's remaining eye was staring over at him,tears streaming down his face. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Jae-Hwa had a whole life ahead of him. He was so young! It wasn't fair!

"Seunghyun! Please,it hurts!" The boy sobbed,pulling at the tube in his throat. "I want it to end,hyung! Please!" He begged, chest heaving in an alarming way.

"N-No. I-I Ca-can't." Seunghyun whispered out,crying at this point.

"It hurts! It hurts so bad hyung!"

Seunghyung bolted up right, Jae-Hwa's screams filling his head even when the dream ended. It took him a moment to realize where he was. He was in Jiyong's living room,sleeping on the couch with Jolie laying beside him. It was one of the worst dreams he could have. The kid hadn't deserved what he got. Was he still living now? T.O.P really doubted it. With chest heaving, he ran a distressed hand back through his hair.

"Seunhyun? Are you okay?" He heard a soft voice ask quietly, a hand on his back. It was Jiyong. The younger man had gotten lonely in his bed knowing Seunghyun was in the living room. He had come out after T.O.P fell asleep and went to bed on the chair. Hearing the older man bolting up and breathing so hard had woken him up in a fright.

Seunghyun stared up at Jiyong who was smiling in concern. Yep. Jae-Hwa was definitely a lot like Jiyong. Stupid to his core but, so easy to love at the same time. He didn't even care if he claimed he was officially done with G-Dragon. He pulled the shorter man into a tight hug,trying to forget the young kid he had left behind at the military hospital. Slowly, his irregular breathing went back to normal and he was finally able to let go of Jiyong. The younger man smiled at him,smoothing down T.O.P's bed head gently. It made him feel better. After trying to get comfortable to living so aloof, it was nice to have someone be so close to him. To comfort him, no matter what.

Seunghyun sighed heavily,finally pushing the younger man's hands away gently. What would I do without you? Seunghyun fell asleep with the thought in his head,Jiyong sitting near just in case the older man would need him again.

 

______________

That is chapter 7! It had me nearly crying at one point ;u; But that's because I'm such a big baby. Hope you guys enoyed this chapter. To all my lovely subscribers and commenters. Your comments for the last chapter really made me laugh this morning. Love you guys <3